• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mohamed Elneny: One Mo Year

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

OK so we should let Elneny go, sell Cedric, Holding, Leno, Tavares, Lokonga, let Laca leave, Eddie's leaving, sell Pepe and go on a big mad shopping spree and sign 15 players in the summer.
Except I didn’t say any of that but carry on

• Funny
Reactions: A_G

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Except I didn’t say any of that but carry on
You said "can do a job brigade". All the players I listed are players who at certain points "can do a job" but aren't necessarily good enough to push us on. So if you don't want Elneny you wouldn't want any of the others.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Why do people think Elneny will be 5th choice? He’ll be starting games if Partey’s not fit, which is our most important midfield position. I’ve said time after time that Arsenal are afraid of competition. You know damn well Elneny is no different to Cedric, a comfort player who will eventually let you down. Oh well, Arteta can make his bed. I better not hear any excuses for him when Elneny comes passes sideways again.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I am very happy for El Neny & rather pleased his signed a new contract with us, with the interview you can tell he loves this club despite not getting as much game time as other players do when everyone is fit, we should be very pleased we've got someone like El Neny as good depth now.

Some people would have just left now because they weren't getting the gametime they wanted but he has decided to stay with us & it clearly shows his respect for our club now. I am certainly very pleased he has decided to resign with us now.

gamechannel

OK so we should let Elneny go, sell Cedric, Holding, Leno, Tavares, Lokonga, let Laca leave, Eddie's leaving, sell Pepe and go on a big mad shopping spree and sign 15 players in the summer.
With the exception of Pepe, all of the players above are Arteta players. So, what you're saying is that this shambles of a squad is Artetas fault and can no longer be blamed on Wenger, right?

Arsenal4life14

I don't mind giving him another year, Ok yeah he's not a brilliant player, But he got a good attitude, he doesn't mind sitting on the bench and being a back up player and seems like someone who wont kick up a fuss by not playing.

Plus whenever he plays I always find he's one of the most hardworking players on the field he cares about the club and always tries his best. Hes not a starter but he is good enough to be back up and probably useful starting against certain teams.

Hopefully this doesn't impact our midfield signings though, because we still need 2 midfielders.

GLITCH

Well, I would've preferred we moved him on, but I guess Arteta learned the hard way that he's better than Lokonga.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Just watched his official interview.

You gotta love this guy man, humble, puts his head down and does what he can to help the team. Not the greatest player, but able to play a role over the season.

All things considered a low cost, decent backup. We still do need another midfielder of course, Elneny alone isnt enough in the defensive midfield role as Partey isnt reliable.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
With the exception of Pepe, all of the players above are Arteta players. So, what you're saying is that this shambles of a squad is Artetas fault and can no longer be blamed on Wenger, right?
Firstly what has wenger got to do with any of this? He left years ago.

I'm not saying it's a shambles of a squad. Those above players are squad players for a team that finishes 5th-8th.

What we ideally need to do is sign new first team players which relegated the current first team members to the bench and then we could get rid of some of the players not deemed good enough.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

You said "can do a job brigade". All the players I listed are players who at certain points "can do a job" but aren't necessarily good enough to push us on. So if you don't want Elneny you wouldn't want any of the others.
I meant those that advocate Elneny can do a job would be delighted. That brigade. Sorry for not making that point clearer.

Thanks for telling me what I wouldn’t want though xx

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I meant those that advocate Elneny can do a job would be delighted. That brigade. Sorry for not making that point clearer.

Thanks for telling me what I wouldn’t want though xx
I fully understand what you were saying.

I don't think anyone is delighted with Elneny staying. But anyone with half a brain can understand why. Every club has squad players. Some better than others. And when we have about 4 holes in our first team, yet need numbers for EL and CC etc most can see its not the worst of moves.

Token Yank

Arsenal fans saying he was good last few games of which we lost 2 of the last 5?
He had a couple good games. Otherwise this guy is barely a premier league player. Really depressing news. Teams who are serious and try to challenge for titles, CL, etc do not have a player this limited in their squad. Yes I understand he is good in the dressing room, nice guy, etc. I don't care.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

He had a couple good games. Otherwise this guy is barely a premier league player. Really depressing news. Teams who are serious and try to challenge for titles, CL, etc do not have a player this limited in their squad. Yes I understand he is good in the dressing room, nice guy, etc. I don't care.
The objective isn't to challenge for titles or CL though, so you're going to have to hold that Elneny extension.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
I echo what people are saying in regards to it being an OK decision from the club.

Hes on low wages, he can do a reliable job, if not anything special.

He will play EL and early cups games and can fill in abit during the season.

I fully expect us to sign a midfielder which means we aren't relying on Elneny for 30 PL games a season.

We are literally down to the bare bones in terms in squad numbers. We had to keep one or two players like Elneny/Holding because we can't afford to sign 8 or 9 players.

This is a good point. With the amount of games you'll be playing next season, you need numbers and you're not signing half a squad for that purpose.

Elneny is average as **** but he's good enough to give Partey or Xhaka a rest against poor opposition in the EL and the domestic cups etc. Given that he's reportedly well liked, works hard, doesn't complain about minutes and is on relatively low wages, I don't really see how this is a bad deal.

GoonerJay24

We need something that works for most games. Partey works in all circumstances and we need another two than can do the same. We can't have too many goldilocks players or rely on Partey staying fit to make Xhaka work. We need to find a system and stick with it with bench players able to do a job to cover injury. I agree on youth development but iirc, Wenger got Ramsey working in a year. 18 months in and ESR has stalled a bit

I hear you but bringing in another primary midfielder could disrupt the current cohesion and development of someone like ESR who could be a star for this club if given the right patienxe to develop. If Partey is out, I feel Elneny is good enough to deputise in certain games; but when up against
systems with 3 in midfield and away from home it's up to Arteta to tweak the game plan. We'll struggle to dominate certain opposition without Parteys presence.

This is just how I would approach things. Arteta likely has a different plan and as you say ESR development has stalled slightly under his management.

Top Bottom