• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mohamed Elneny: Pyramid Pirlo

Pick one

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

He'll be a decent option if he's like 4th/5th choice, obviously in tougher games than today he'll be found out and as a partnership him and Xhaka are a bit uninspiring but he'll do a job. He's a "safe" if not unspectacular player.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Elneny is too good to be in the Turkish league but not good enough to be a starter for a top 6 team in the EPL. I think he's the quintessential water carrier. Moves the ball well and rarely makes mistakes, if you surround him with better quality players he'll do well but will never stick out. Now our midfield is poor in quality he sticks for the worse. Expecting him to do what Cellabos does is never his in his portfolio. I would still sell him though, let's not get carried away.

Kav

Established Member
I hope all the Mo doubters learn to shut up and give players a chance before castigating them. There are so many people on this forum who are having a go at people like Elneny, lacazette and Pepe. Yet 2 of them start and play well and I’m sure a few of the critics will now go in hiding.

Wait until we play around 8-10 games before you judge the team and players. Support our players when they are with us. Is that so difficult to understand?

This guy is probably the world's most unspectacular player, but he's also a great utility/backup CM.

He is so boring. It's like being stuck at the funeral of your great grandmother you didn't really know and your parents forbid you to play in your gameboy when you watch him play.

He can probably do a job as a utility but eventually, he will end up play a game he can't handle and cost us.

Kav

Established Member
He is so boring. It's like being stuck at the funeral of your great grandmother you didn't really know and your parents forbid you to play in your gameboy when you watch him play.

He can probably do a job as a utility but eventually, he will end up play a game he can't handle and cost us.
Those who know will appreciate. You probably prefer a different type of midfielder but I assure you he has his value and role to play. Will he always be a starter No. however I would rather have him in the squad than a passenger like willock who hasn’t yet developed his game to contribute to the control of the midfield.

That’s why Elneny is key he allows for both possession and shape as well as offers pressing and tacking. He’s like a solid 7 in most things but unspectacular and not very creative. Put him beside a Cazorla or Silva in midfield and you see his value.

I wouldn’t start him over a Partey or Aouar though if we can get either of those two.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
played a part in 2 goals
will be happy with him as back up. No complaints at all.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Now that the club is stable, he's fine for these types of opponents. He will be fine for Europa and cup games to give other guys a breather. If injuries occur and he's playing more important games than these types then we will be in trouble.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I said a few weeks ago that he's worth at least £10m rather than the giveaway some would be happy with. Elneny keeps it simple, always has, he wont win you games but he rarely makes mistakes so he's a handy player to have. That is worth £10m to any PL team.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
If we dont go for Partey, then we should keep Elneny and go for someone like Soumare.

Still would cost, but we could save and have good cover in the long run.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Elneny was always better defensively than offensive maybe he know he s**t passing forward so that's he just keep it simple still at Besiktas last season he seemed take more risk going forward maybe because the league quality is different

nick gould

Always has been decent. Always a 6 - 7 type of player. Good for the dressing room. Good for the pay structure. Never complain about being benched. Good engine. Good squad player to have. If every player is doing their job well, he doesn't get too much stick. It becomes a problem if people want him to create like DB10 and tackle like Vieira.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He rarely has a bad game.

He has a He has a low high level and a high low level of performance. (Don't know if that makes sense)

Very dependable. But shouldn't be a starter for a top team.

He's a player Klopp will really like.

Last edited:

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Probably a better squad option than current Willock (who needs a loan). He should be 5th choice though and is currently third.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom