• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mohamed Elneny: Pyramid Pirlo

Pick one

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Absolutely hated the constant fouling and sideways **** I saw from him in the pre-season game but boy, has he turned it all around!
Credit to him, worthy of my support if he continues to put in such performances. Amazing attitude from him as well.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Think that is spot on. Under Wenger is was too much laissez-faire and that caused us to lose too many matches we didn't need to lose.

Remember Wenger telling Özil when he brought him in or was trying to get him to sign, that Arsenal was a dream destination for a player like him where you just played football.

Actually thought he was talking about Unai but then I realised he did say good football, so yeah Wenger;)

Pyres7

I like how Elneny constantly plays a 1 or 2 touch game. Both Xhaka and especially Ceballos could learn from that. Sometimes they hold onto the ball for too long and take an extra touch or two instead of keeping the ball moving.

I don't think Elneny should be a starter for us but he's a decent back up/squad player.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
A very needed squad player for us, nothing spectacular at all but you need these types of players, the ones who play limited game time but still turn up when needed.

A lot of successful teams have had players similar to this over the years; Darren Fletcher, Phil Neville, Nicky Butt etc, theres plenty of them, never really first choice, will get the occasional run of games before being benched again but continue to turn up with no issue when required.

Usually these players come through your academy, no one really buys them there just there.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Decent as a squad player and a very serious consideration for big games where we don't have a lot of the ball.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

A very needed squad player for us, nothing spectacular at all but you need these types of players, the ones who play limited game time but still turn up when needed.

A lot of successful teams have had players similar to this over the years; Darren Fletcher, Phil Neville, Nicky Butt etc, theres plenty of them, never really first choice, will get the occasional run of games before being benched again but continue to turn up with no issue when required.

Usually these players come through your academy, no one really buys them there just there.

I get your point and it's United players you're talking about, but really you can't compare Elneny with Neville or Fletcher.

Elneny has maxed 870 EPL minutes for Arsenal while those players have many over 2000 minutes seasons for United, and usually ~double Elneny max. minutes.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
I thought he was pretty great tbh. I don't like the lack of forward passes, but I do feel pretty safe with his one and two touch game when we are playing out of a press.

He plays a calm game. Perhaps sometimes a little unambitious, but he was very quick back in to shape defensively, and seems very coachable.

Pop Tart

Established Member
He played alright same against pool. Not the worst or best. Gives his all is what is all I ask for. Good squad option

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
A lot of people changing their tune on Elneny now. He's a real asset to the team, except if he blocks us signing Partey because no one wants to buy him and our home grown quota isn't met. Be careful what you wish for.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
I really hope he keeps Douzi out the team. Don't know what came over us when we thought he was the next big thing.

Douzi has a great attitude for a messy night out, when looking to fight the Uber driver.

Think Arteta likes him because he is not only dependable but doesn't put himself above the club.

A humble Pharaoh. You love to see it.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
I really hope he keeps Douzi out the team. Don't know what came over us when we thought he was the next big thing.

Douzi has a great attitude for a messy night out, when looking to fight the Uber driver.

Think Arteta likes him because he is not only dependable but doesn't put himself above the club.

A humble Pharaoh. You love to see it.

Plus he roasted the **** out of Sanchez

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
He already is. Douzi is dead last. If we sign a midfielder Douzi's basically 5/6th choice CM.
From the reports, seems like he has turned down genuinely good offers. Emery loved the kid and he is turning down such a beautiful reunion.

If Ego translated to talent, Douzi would be the Ronaldo's of midfielders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom