• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mohamed Elneny: Pyramid Pirlo

Pick one

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Impact

Established Member
I can live with Elneny behind Xhaka, Ceballos, hopefully another midfielder (Partey) and Willock in the pecking order.

Dependable. Professional. Solid if unspectacular. As a fifth choice, he's fine especially if it allows us to move on Torreira/Guendouzi for £20m+ each.

nick gould

I can live with Elneny behind Xhaka, Ceballos, hopefully another midfielder (Partey) and Willock in the pecking order.

Dependable. Professional. Solid if unspectacular. As a fifth choice, he's fine especially if it allows us to move on Torreira/Guendouzi for £20m+ each.
My sentiments exactly. He was his usual dependable self. Our defenders and goal keep trust him with the ball because they know he will safely do something safe with. He gets criticized a lot because our players who really should be creating chances are not doing that well at the moment.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Early days but when The El plays..no goals conceded yet :bounce:..long may it continue
Questionable opposition and circumstances so far (championship promoted Fulham/Liverpool cobwebs/Leicester second string), but I’m willing to bet it’s not a coincidence.

Arteta being a former midfielder, I suspect it’s a case of real recognises real.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
The midfield maestro, the Elneny of the ball, keeping it safe...making sure the engine room keeps ticking over... the metronome always offering an outlet for a pass, the antidote for the headless chicken midfield madness of Arsenal

Plutarch

It's true he does seem reluctant to pass the ball forward. But I noticed last night that sometimes when he's faced with several opposition players he's able to pass the ball to another midfielder who's in a very open space and is able start an attack. That happened quite a few times against Leicester. Also, he doesn't give the ball away, which has been a major problem for us in recent years. I like him being in the squad.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I never thought I’d say this but Elneny - Xhaka would be my preferred pairing for Anfield. Ideally we’d go with a 3 and add Ceballos but I know Arteta will go with a back 5.

Hopefully Tierney and Luiz will be fit to play.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I never thought I’d say this but Elneny - Xhaka would be my preferred pairing for Anfield. Ideally we’d go with a 3 and add Ceballos but I know Arteta will go with a back 5.

Hopefully Tierney and Luiz will be fit to play.
I’m not quite sure what will happen. Gabriel has shown he’s a starter now but David Luiz is usually the middle CB in a 3. Tierney is key for his playstyle as the hybrid left CB/LB dont know what happens if all are fit.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

We should keep him. He rarely gets injured. You can always bring him on and he'll do a job. He's professional and dependable and rarely makes mistakes if ever. I get why a lot of fans aren't enamoured with him because he's unspectacular. But he's a safe pair of hands.

That being said, I don't think we should be starting him against midtable and bottom table clubs at home and games where the onus is on us to create chances.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Elneny is like a plain chicken breast. Put some seasoning and herbs on that thing then throw it on a hot grill and we’re good to go. Without it’s just a waste of everyone’s thyme.

GoonerBoy19

We are trying to clear up the non HG slot's. If we are not able to move Torreira or Sokaritis, Elneny could end up as the casualty.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

If we put him up for sale, he will get many suitors unlike Guendouzi. He's good enough to improve many midtable Midfields

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Awful just awful i really don't see what mikel see in him he could be squad player. But no way he should start any PL game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom