<

Mohamed Elneny: Pyramid Pirlo

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Trilly, Aug 1, 2020.

Tags:
?

Pick one

1. Elneny

55.6%
  2. Ceballos

44.4%
  1. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Got Swerved By Gallas Trusted

I thought he was our best player tonight tbf.

Handled the press alright, broke up play well and managed to get up and down.

Him and Ceballos looked really promising together.

2. Oh_Snap

Oh_Snap Well-Known Member

Such an underrated, tidy player. Needs a better partner.

BenTal and Rex Banter like this.
  3. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Got Swerved By Gallas Trusted

I’d prefer to keep him around and loan out Willock.

This is the toughest game of the year and he wasn’t a disgrace. Easily the match of a 50M player in Keita tonight.

4. LG10

LG10 Well-Known Member

Was probably our best player today, not saying much but shows what a great squad player he is.

TakeChillPill and BenTal like this.
  5. UpTheGunnerz

UpTheGunnerz Attention Seeker

If we manage our expectations on him, i think he might be a pleasant surprise this season.

BenTal likes this.
  6. tap-in

tap-in Nothing Wrong With Me

He doesnt do anything special, thats why people complain but in a game like this you want someone who doesnt make errors, and he is that kind of player. He keeps it simple but doesn't shine. I've said it before, he's not good enough for us if we want top 4 but we could sell him for minimum £10m and have several clubs interested.

BenTal, Oh_Snap and Rex Banter like this.
  7. Breezy

Breezy Well-Known Member

Keep him.

Basic, disciplined, neat and tidy, keeps it simple and doesn’t lose possession easily.

valuable squaddie.

CaseUteinberger and BenTal like this.
  8. blaze_of_glory

blaze_of_glory Moderator Moderator

Solid squad player but can't be starting in games like this.

9. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

I really don't understand why he afraid of pass forward even when having opportunity. Everything else he does is decent for a midfielder but he just too safe and basic

10. Oh_Snap

The worst argument he's gotten around here is "he's so mediocre" ... over the years and considering the players we had, that's pretty ok i guess. ngl i wasn't sad to see him leave for turkey but there's a player in there and one could never say he cost us a point or made a horrendous mistake that cost us big time.

Rex Banter and tap-in like this.
  11. Lakersgooner24

Lakersgooner24 Well-Known Member

He's as vanilla as it gets. Won't lose you matches, but won't win you matches either.

Serviceable as a squaddie, but definitely shouldn't be a starter for any meaningful period of time if we have any ambition.

TakeChillPill likes this.
  12. Oh_Snap

Shouldn't maybe. But i can see why Arteta chose him above the other options and will continue to do so until we get someone similar / better.

blaze_of_glory likes this.
  13. tap-in

tap-in Nothing Wrong With Me

I hope Guen has seen the votes on this thread. I might post them on his insta page :lol:

Raicore likes this.
  14. Mrs Bergkamp

Mrs Bergkamp Established Member Trusted

Hes solid enough but we need more forward thrust that he won't provide. He was tidy and made himself available but he should rarely start in the league. Lool at his reaction when Laca missed the 1v1.

15. TakeChillPill

TakeChillPill Well-Known Member

Still prefer him and ceballos over xhaka and ceballos.

CaseUteinberger likes this.
  16. Trilly

Trilly The John Sauce Of Ilford Trusted

The El Niesta redemption arc continues. Might have just creeped ahead of Xhaka in the pecking order based on tonight. :lol:

Macho likes this.
  17. dka91

dka91 Well-Known Member

I mean he was alright? He wasn't awful I don't think, he's just not exceptional.

18. CaseUteinberger

CaseUteinberger Cazorla (not Carzola ffs)

100%

TakeChillPill likes this.
  19. Macho

Macho Established Member Trusted

Arteta values experience. Look at all of our young players who can’t get a game atm.

He’s a bit cowardly when it comes to passing forward, but against such a team a safe cautious passer is valuable - if he had a decent over the top ball he’d be fully press resistant.

Id have started him alongside Ceballos instead of Xhaka tonight myself. He wasn’t our worst player today for sure.

20. krackpot

krackpot Established Member Trusted

Glad to see Arteta using him, but sad that we have no one better than him.