• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mohamed Elneny: Pyramid Pirlo

Pick one

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He creates space well and showed good awareness too

Think Elneny can be a great squad player for sure

I find it strange he has to go as far a field as Turkey but I don't think he should play here. Shame he didn't go to Leicester

blrgooner

Established Member
Mind you he has a lot in common with Arteta; they both recycle(d) the ball well. Rarely make mistakes, in fact I don't remember Elneny losing the ball in a dangerous area of the pitch. If Arteta can get him to be aggressive, you never know with Arteta.
There is one big difference though. For Arteta, passing back was an option when a forward pass was no available, For Elneny, it seems to be instinctively the first option. Its not enough for a player in Arsenal to be good only at not making mistakes IMO.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I don't see why we shouldn't keep him until the January window, to give Arteta and his new coaching staff a chance to work on him, as anyway it's very unlikely any good offers will come in for him

Yeah could be a decent squaddie for sure.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
He is just so boring and really really bad player. Terrible.

People losing their **** over him and entertaining the idea of keeping him because of average performance against MK Dons. Never change AM.

it seems to me the 'never change AM' is the unrelenting negativity and determination to label so many players as unremittingly bad, regardless of any evidence to the contrary

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He isnt good enough and has to go, but let's be honest here, is he any worse than Torreira and Willock, who as it stands are our 2nd and 3rd choice CMs...

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Just kidding, relax.

He's actually not a bad footballer at all though, just incredibly boring and uninspiring to watch. Great if you want to protect the lead or in an injury crisis as he will never ever lose the ball or make a wayward pass.

Not the tiny Spanish midfielder your typical prissy Arsenal fan like to see though.

Comparison to Paddy was tongue in cheek in reference to Gilberto's bizarre claim earlier this year that El is the closest thing to himself or Vieira in the team.
In terms of function and physical stature, hes not totally wrong.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
A waste of 50kpw. Need to move him on. He's so bad that even the Italian clubs won't touch him

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

it seems to me the 'never change AM' is the unrelenting negativity and determination to label so many players as unremittingly bad, regardless of any evidence to the contrary
Unfortunately this binary way of viewing players is quite prevalent among AM posters. There is precious little room between absolute trash and fantastic.

I would be in favor of keeping him for some time and have him work with Arteta instead of offloading him on the cheap.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
As always if Arteta wants to keep him, we keep. If he doesn’t bin. Arteta, for me, has earned that trust with me to make the right decisions.

That said I have the feeling he’ll keep. This season at least.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

He is just so boring and really really bad player. Terrible.

People losing their **** over him and entertaining the idea of keeping him because of average performance against MK Dons. Never change AM.

Spot on.

People have short memories, did they forget that Emery started this bum during the last few games of the season and he looked trash against the likes of Palace which ultimately cost us our CL spot.

He’s very similar to Denilson, he can do all the meaningless sideways passing but he sh*ts himself when he tries to pass it forward.

Shocking footballer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom