<

Mohamed Elneny: Pyramid Pirlo

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Trilly, Aug 1, 2020.

Tags:
?

Pick one

1. Elneny

66.7%
  2. Ceballos

33.3%
  1. RunTheTrap

RunTheTrap Well-Known Member

Oh yeah he did nothing of note apart from that pass but I just felt being nice to Elneny for passing forward for once. Poor guy struggles to be progressive

2. Tosker

Tosker Does Not Hate Foreigners

continuing to label him as 'predictably terrible' and struggling 'to be progressive' suggests some posters are too stuck in their own narrative to open their eyes and see what is actually happening on the pitch

or do they know better than Arteta and Auba?

3. Trilly

Trilly The John Sauce Of Ilford Trusted

That guy ain’t seeing the sun for a long time.

4. GDeep™

GDeep™ Dissociating

A Wenger signing starting while two expensive post Wenger signings had to be loaned out.

Hmmmm.

kash2 likes this.
  5. Trilly

Wait so Elneny played a forward pass and people are using it to hate on Xhaka...who also plays forward passes.

Oh A-M.

ItWasMeBarry, kash2, dka91 and 3 others like this.
  6. RunTheTrap

You know the vibes. These agendas ain’t gonna run themselves.

kash2, dka91, Kav and 1 other person like this.
  7. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

It's like this really... I think:

He's not very good but he can can be functional in a setup Arteta trusts. He wont form part of our best 11 and he'll battle it out with Xhaka for a spot. 4th spot.

8. Tourbillion

Tourbillion Angry & Miserable

One of the few players we have who offers a consistent and reliable first touch and has a feel for the concept of pass and move.

Squad player, but he's underrated.

DanDare, Top Quality, ASIF and 5 others like this.
  9. dka91

dka91 Well-Known Member

Yeah I don't get that.

10. Trilly

There are many things/people on here that I don't get, I've been here seven years and I understand this place less and less if anything. Don't fight the current that is A-M just let it drag you into madness.

kash2 and dka91 like this.
  11. Pop Tart

Pop Tart Well-Known Member

El nekkers playing passes Özil thought never existed.

12. Red London

Red London Well-Known Member

I might get slaughtered for this but we should keep this guy if he continues performing like this. He seems to be able to play with anyone in our midfield and form a balanced partnership, he lets his midfield partner express themself to an extent as he does a lot of dirty work.

I am happy with him as a squad player.

13. Trilly

Kind of like a midfielder in fifa who's 75 rated at everything then just has 99 stamina.

Won't do anything great but he will enable whoever he plays with.

Red London likes this.
  14. gkoat

gkoat Well-Known Member

Mesut Elnenny best Egyptian since king tut give this guy a pyramid so he can assist off it

15. EmeryCouldnt

EmeryCouldnt Well-Known Member

He’s a great squaddy imo. Maybe not quite as good as Xhaka. Certainly not creative (I don’t think Xhaka is either). But he is an expert at the sideways pass. He appears more mobile or better at positioning than Xhaka. He’s on half the wages of Xhaka too.

Red London and CaseUteinberger like this.
  16. CaseUteinberger

CaseUteinberger Cazorla (not Carzola ffs)

What is wrong with adequate? Especially when it comes at a low price and wage. Elneny is adequate and we should be totally happy with that. We need players like him currently. Happy that he is back and playing well.

Makavelii and EmeryCouldnt like this.
  17. RunTheTrap

Today he’s adequate but if we lost that game he’s useless. The problem with adequate is that we have too many players that fit that bill and what often happens are those adequate players force their way into starting games they really shouldn’t. I mean fine, Elneny was involved in a goal for once, hurrah, but how would you feel if he took minutes away from a more talented youngster? As for his wages and price. We tried to move him on in the past and many clubs deemed him too expensive. Elneny is a simple water carrier. Any decent academy should be able to produce a player of his ilk and move him on when the time is right. Right now he’s okay but if he’s still a squad option for us in 18 months, I would be dissatisfied with our squad building efforts.

CaseUteinberger likes this.
  18. Macho

Macho Well-Known Member Trusted

Complaining about nothing I think. We have 4 central midfielders and somebody has to be benched.

We could and have done a lot worse.

Jae likes this.
  19. EmeryCouldnt

EmeryCouldnt Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Kav, Riou and kash2 like this.
  20. Makavelii

Makavelii Well-Known Member

Bit harsh.
    I think he's more than good enough as a squad option.
    Yes we could use one more top midfielder. But if Elneny is our 5th best CM in the pecking order, then we're doing pretty well.

GoonerJay24 likes this.