• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mohamed Elneny: Pyramid Pirlo

Pick one

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Better at what
At doing what midfielders do. Willock is the only player I seen play central midfield and is invisible most of the time. Before him I used to think it’s the one position you can’t be invisible in and thought it was impossible

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Another worrying thing is that he has started making some stupid mistakes in recent weeks. That's something you usually associate with him.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
He's not great and should only be a squad player at most here, but I feel if Partey doesn't play then Mo is a must start...Elneny at least adds some athleticism to our midfield if Tom isn't in it.

Thought he was decent against Newcastle, some really nice passes.

Great performance. One or two lousy moments but generally was really great. Wanted the ball at all times, progression of play was top-notch, provided sufficient cover to the back four and should have had an assist.

Great game. Going to put my neck on the line and say whoever hated his performance in this game is probably racist.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Mo's one of those that I just can't put down.

He's one of the most limited players in the squad technically. You know he's going to get the basics right and not do anything too ridiculous. Work rate will be high. He's a 6 out of 10 performer consistently.

I like him, but he's a player we can easily upgrade on in the summer. If he wants to stick around as a squad player / Europa League guy, fair enough but he shouldn't be starting consistently for a club like Arsenal in the PL.

Last edited:

Jack_the_boy

Definitely Not Manberg
Look at his midfield partners since, might have something to do with that.

He did this himself in that game, not his partner

Not replicated this sort of pressing since. FYI, it was a Partey and Elneny midfield that lost 3-0 to Villa. Getting this out there before you spin the Xhaka card :lol:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
What happened to the energy and intensity he showed in the Utd game? He hasn’t been able to replicate it.

He had Partey next too him that day, tbf...playing with a player like Tommy would just fill you with so much extra confidence and belief that you can win.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Not replicated this sort of pressing since. FYI, it was a Partey and Elneny midfield that lost 3-0 to Villa. Getting this out there before you spin the Xhaka card :lol:
Was just saying what @Riou just said above - some players just make others better. I wasn’t coming for your boi don’t worry.

I also suspect Elneny just does well against better teams or when we’re on the back foot. When we need initiative though, I’d rather Ceballos or anyone else really.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Thought he was poor in his short cameo, he played a forward ball to Xhaka who expected a nice 1-2 in space and Elneny didn't even bother to run forward. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom