• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mohamed Elneny: Pyramid Pirlo

Pick one

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Manberg

Predator
I took a risk speaking positively about him. Felt like I was placing my posting reputation on the line. I just had a good feeling that he’ll do well. He played many games in a competitive league last season and he was coming in fit. He’s not a world beater but can put a shift in. Reminds me a bit of Gilberto.

Pop Tart

Established Member
Had a pretty good game, thought he was good when we we trying for an winner after pools equaliser. He still has worring moments at times but credit to him for today's performance

roz

Fake News Merchant
He has a bit of pedigree. Been around, rubbed shoulders with some ballers... some bullshitters too. I honestly rate him at least as good or bad as Xhaka.
100% El Nen wouldn’t make as many mistakes as Xhaka over the course of a season. That said reckon Xhaka has a little more in his locker in terms of ability. They’re not far each other for sure. We overpaid for Xhaka & El nen just isn’t an attractive option for teams, if he was French or German he'd go for 20.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Think both him and Coquelin were ruined by that poster who said they were a Saint Etienne midfield :lol:

In reality Mo (and Coq) are good players, who definitely has a place in a team...quality from him today.

Kysus

Season is long and our midfield is nonexistent. Even if we bring in 3 Cms i would probably still keep him for rotation.
He is boring but solid, kinda what you want from a squad player tbh

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Credit where it's due. Great game from him. Think he actually improved a bit in Turkey.

Should be sold if any takers, but as long as we buy quality in CM this summer no problem with him on the bench. If the team ticks El Neny ticks along.

nick gould

Every squad needs a Steady Eddie type player, very good ball retention and few mistakes. Decent aerially whenever defending too. Not exciting, but gets things done with a minimum of fuss.
And above all, he is happy to be at arsenal. If we have the right players around him we wouldn't be complaining about lack of forward passes. His task would be to recycle the ball, and also to close down because he has a good engine. He has decent pace to and can intercept. Tackling is not everything for a central mid. You always feel comfortable playing from the back if you give it to elneny. He will keep it simple.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

He's on about 50k a week right? Unfortunately we are in a situation where we barely have a midfield, not one that want to or deserves to be here anyway, so weirdly he's not at the top of the sell list with his low wage.

Squad player on squad player wages, rare for us. I don't enjoy watching him play and if he stays there will be plenty of games where we are begging for someone more creative but not our biggest problem. You take any reasonable money though if it helps get Partey.

Ibadan

Thread Bump Police
A part of me wants to give every player a new chance! It's amazing what a different player Elneny looks like with proper instructions and responsibilities in a team. He still can't recieve the ball in tight spaces but he's better than Xhaka at lots of things.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
I know people say he plays it safe but sometimes that's what you need. No one is asking for him to create, although, IIRC he did put Auba or Eddie in on goal almost at the beginning of the game with a bit of a curved lob.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I know people say he plays it safe but sometimes that's what you need. No one is asking for him to create, although, IIRC he did put Auba or Eddie in on goal almost at the beginning of the game with a bit of a curved lob.
Look at Henderson at Liverpool, he isn’t that much more in that way.

akhil

Once he gets to full fitness, Arteta might like him a lot. He's another one that can run all day.

GunnerShy

He's a limited player, but so are many others. What he does he does well. If we shift Torreira and Douzi then he's useful in the squad

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He's not like a new signing buts he's like a free back up that's better than all our others.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Played well, you probably keep him around for squad depth if you can’t find a sale.

I liked his physical side, stood out to me, typical North African really, getting about, high energy, strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom