• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mohamed Elneny: Pyramid Pirlo

Pick one

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Yaya needs some love though as well. Shame he spent his career playing CB for Pep then a dead, fanless team like City.

Never forget City trying to bottle the league the game before the QPR come back against Newcastle and Yaya just said “**** that” and won the game singlehandedly.

Probably a level below Eto’o because City were always sh*t in the CL while he was there but he was robbed of the POTY award in 2014 by Gerrard.

It was such a great game even tho there was only 1 goal in it, there was such tension. Barcelona were the overwhelming favourites and even despite the huge lead you felt Barca would still have enough fire power to really do some damage and when Inter went down to 10 men it just felt like it was inevitable. Incredible the subplots like Eto'o, Ibra, it was the start of the Mourinho vs Pep rivalry too. Also loved that Inter side as I was a big fan of Lucio, Samuel, Cambiasso and also really like Milito always felt he was underrated a bit.

Maicon and obviously Sneijder that year were problems as well 🔥

Top team.

Reactions: A_G

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Eto'o was a machine at Mallorca as well pre Barca, think they won a cup and even played champions league. When people talk about Barca sides it always seems to be Villa that gets mentioned but I'd have Eto'o over him all day.

Barca 2009 > Barca 2011 for me...Eto'o, Yaya and Henry :drool:

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I never saw Weah in his prime, just the older version at Chelsea but I watched an Henry interview talking about him and he couldn't separate Van Basten, Weah and R9 as his best striker. Watching clips of him he looked unstoppable at his peak in Serie A.

Riou

Sneijder should have got the Balon d'Or in 2010, imo.

Riou

Hard to look past Messi. Guy got 60 goals and 17 assists in 69 appearances that calendar year for club and country which is disgusting.

That's true.

Though I like to bring what the player achieves with his team each year, into the discussion.

Wesley played a massive role in Inter winning a Treble and a pretty average Holland team getting to a World Cup final, he had an amazing year...Xavi and Iniesta too, for winning the World Cup.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

That's true.

Though I like to bring what the player achieves with his team each year, into the discussion.

Wesley played a massive role in Inter winning a Treble and a pretty average Holland team getting to a World Cup final, he had an amazing year...Xavi and Iniesta too, for winning the World Cup.

Isn’t that just a team award then?

Riou

Isn’t that just a team award then?

Maybe...but it always felt natural for me for the best player to come from the most successful team each year, bar a few exceptions (like if there isn't a standout player in a title winning team or something) just felt Sneijder was amazing that year.

Individual/team of the year awards should consider stuff like this, imo.

Last edited:

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

I never saw Weah in his prime, just the older version at Chelsea but I watched an Henry interview talking about him and he couldn't separate Van Basten, Weah and R9 as his best striker. Watching clips of him he looked unstoppable at his peak in Serie A.
Back before Serie A became a Farmers League™ George Weah scored one of the best solo goals you'll ever see. No surprise that Arsène Wenger had a massive influence on such a talented baller.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Wenger coached the long range shooting out of Mo and Xhaka. Both have the ability. I want them both to attempt longer shots when they see the opportunity.
I agree and remember this. The sad thing at the time he joined was that a lot of our long range shots were wild and seemed to lead to a counter for the other team. I got why Wenger did this at the time

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Salah is such a weird footballer. His close control is second to none and it's where he comes into his own , but in other aspects of technical ability he is shocking.

Miles behind someone like Eto'o who really was a monster of a striker and is criminally underrated in these discussions.
He was technically more complete when he was younger, could easily play as a number 10.

Since Liverpool he's cut a lot of stuff out of his game and he's more efficient now, but it's not pretty. He's pretty much a premiership striker now.

I can't help but agree with you.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Yaya needs some love though as well. Shame he spent his career playing CB for Pep then a dead, fanless team like City.

Never forget City trying to bottle the league the game before the QPR come back against Newcastle and Yaya just said “**** that” and won the game singlehandedly.

Probably a level below Eto’o because City were always sh*t in the CL while he was there but he was robbed of the POTY award in 2014 by Gerrard.
His goal against Villa in 13/14 was unreal, closest I've come to cheering for a non-Arsenal goal.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Back before Serie A became a Farmers League™ George Weah scored one of the best solo goals you'll ever see. No surprise that Arsène Wenger had a massive influence on such a talented baller.

Weah in his Monaco years was Henry's idol. Henry talked once about how Weah was the originator of the modern striker, then R9 took it to a new level.

Power mixed with finesse

Riou

DDu-XVMXcAEIzgi

...Paul nailed Yaya, tbf :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom