• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mohamed Elneny: Pyramid Pirlo

Pick one

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

You keep Xhaka, our best midfielder this season, and dump bums like Dani and the sand carrier.

It’s not difficult. Think it’s absolutely shocking many on here actually want to extend El Neny. That would mean out of a 22/23 man squad, most would have been signed or extended by Arteta, nearly all actually if you consider the remaining will mainly be young players.
Right here officer. 👮‍♂️

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Yes it's sound impossible to improve it all one summer we need like 3 midfielders at least. But giving extending Elneny won't help
You need steady extend. We have 3 central midfielders we can count on for now. You get in one more this summer. We ain’t gonna sign 10 players this summer

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I knew we'd extend him. Arteta was literally begging Mustafi to extend ffs. He also convinced Xhaka to stay. Are you sensing a pattern here?

I'm actually grateful Arteta didn't meet Lichsteiner here tbh
Arteta knows there is not a lot of money. So he keeps what he has and spend the money on what he needs. Also keeping xhaka was the right decision. Who would they replace him with? Since xhaka was signed the club signed one midfielder better than him and it was possible only because he had release clause. I swear some of you live in fantasy world. No CL football for years and we in pandemic. But you think we gonna spend big on bunch of players

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Don't extend. Just let his contract wind down organically. Midfield is a massive problem and we should spend here even if we have to sacrifice other areas.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Arteta knows there is not a lot of money. So he keeps what he has and spend the money on what he needs. Also keeping xhaka was the right decision. Who would they replace him with? Since xhaka was signed the club signed one midfielder better than him and it was possible only because he had release clause. I swear some of you live in fantasy world. No CL football for years and we in pandemic. But you think we gonna spend big on bunch of players
No one lives in a fantasy land. On the contrary, I think you're the one who lives on in a dream world if you actually belie it's difficult to upgrade on Xhaka. We could easily have gone for some cheap talents that had potentia to be world class. Guys like Soumare and Sangare were available for relative cheap fees. Willian's wage could easily have signed those players.

So who would you blame next time Xhaka cost us a game? Xhaka or Arteta?

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Then make money. You can’t keep hoarding average players.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I would only be okay with Elneny staying if we got rid of Xhaka and Cellabos and we signed a genuine world class midfielder. Otherwise, we haven’t learned a thing.
How is that enough? Means we got only two good midfielders - Partey/new guy.

We should keep Xhaka, improve on Dani and El Neny, which then gives us atleast 3 strong midfield options in New guy, Partey and Xhaka, backed up by a youngster maybe.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League

We should keep Xhaka, improve on Dani and El Neny, which then gives us atleast 3 strong midfield options in New guy, Partey and Xhaka, backed up by a youngster maybe.
I would prefer to keep Xhaka over Elneny but my thinking is we are more likely going to get some good money from Xhaka than we would from Elneny. No serious club is going to buy Elneny, he’s just going to end up like Sokratis or Mustafi and we’ll lose him for free imo. As for Xhaka he’s got 2 years left on his contract, managers love him, rarely injured and has leadership qualities. He could be an attractive option for a Bundesliga/Serie A team trying to get into Europa.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Anyone who thinks Xhaka is good enough to start most games is an idiot

Anyone who thinks Elneny is better than Xhaka shouldn't get to post here and should be instantly banned.

This guy is the most limited midfielder I have ever seen. The only good thing about him is that he has a good engine. His tackling is sloppy, his pressing is disjointed and sometimes he vacates spaces just to press on the ball, he plays barely any forward passes, and the forward passes he plays are to a player 5m in front of him. He has no creativity, no urgency and most of the time passes the ball back to the center backs. Woeful woeful woeful player. His "great shot" has resulted in a total of what 2 goals in his time here? Or is it 3?

Nothing at all redeeming about him. If we want to play a midfielder who can just do the bare minimum with Passion, get one of the academy lads to do it.

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭

We should keep Xhaka, improve on Dani and El Neny, which then gives us atleast 3 strong midfield options in New guy, Partey and Xhaka, backed down by a youngster maybe.
Holy **** did they actually make you a moderator?

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

At this moment we need him more than he need us. You people are so deluded. We have 40 million budget and want to buy 6 players lol. We are mid table team and el neny is good enough. Selling him won’t get us much money and we would only get more expensive and worse player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom