• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mohamed Elneny: Pyramid Pirlo

Pick one

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
This thread is grim.
maxresdefault.jpg

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I think Elneny is actually fine as a back up as long as he is used as purely a back up.

I think it's the fact that we don't have a proper partner for Partey is the issue. If Elneny was solidly 4th-5th choice few would have an issue with him playing Europa League / Cup games and being the sort you bring on in the PL with 10 minutes to go to add some legs and sure up a lead. It's when he's starting PL matches that it's a problem.

Still, you'd probably hope to move him on. His wages aren't obscene so you'd like to think we could get £3m-5m for him.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Still, you'd probably hope to move him on. His wages aren't obscene so you'd like to think we could get £3m-5m for him.
In my opinion £3-5m is pointless in todays world. I would rather keep Elneny as 4th or 5th choice as you said.

The issue is the age old Olivier Giroud and Theo Walcott one (bare with me here). Players who get given more responsibility than they are capable of often get unfairly treated. If we had competition + more options on top of Walcott I don't think he would have gotten as much stick. If Giroud was a 2nd choice striker who came on to add something different, he would have been greatly appreciated. Elneny shouldnt be 3rd choice CM, he should be 4th or 5th, that's the real issue.

In terms of what he can bring to some games + the depth he would provide he's worth more than 3-5m. What would scare me is Arteta seems to like him. I think Arteta needs to start being more ruthless as he said. You can't be playing players like Elneny in the first team for as much as he has played this season, its a travesty and a mid table mentality. Issue is Ceballos is just less effective. I wouldn't complain if we signed two CMs this summer tbh.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

In my opinion £3-5m is pointless in todays world. I would rather keep Elneny as 4th or 5th choice as you said.

The issue is the age old Olivier Giroud and Theo Walcott one (bare with me here). Players who get given more responsibility than they are capable of often get unfairly treated. If we had competition + more options on top of Walcott I don't think he would have gotten as much stick. If Giroud was a 2nd choice striker who came on to add something different, he would have been greatly appreciated. Elneny shouldnt be 3rd choice CM, he should be 4th or 5th, that's the real issue.

In terms of what he can bring to some games + the depth he would provide he's worth more than 3-5m. What would scare me is Arteta seems to like him. I think Arteta needs to start being more ruthless as he said. You can't be playing players like Elneny in the first team for as much as he has played this season, its a travesty and a mid table mentality. Issue is Ceballos is just less effective. I wouldn't complain if we signed two CMs this summer tbh.
I don't see the value in a 29 year old who's looking for a contract extension to be 4th or 5th choice when we have talents like Azeez who could fill that void at much less wages. We desperately need to improve on Elneny.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I don't see the value in a 29 year old who's looking for a contract extension to be 4th or 5th choice when we have talents like Azeez who could fill that void at much less wages. We desperately need to improve on Elneny.
When does his contract expire ?

Unless we keep both AMN and Willock, we will have hardly any CMs next season by the looks of things. Torreira leaving, Guendouzi probably leaving and Xhaka maybe leaving too. Would mean we would need to sign 2-3 CMs to acc justify getting rid of elneny imo. And yes I would like Azeez but Arteta is way too rigid with young players what can I say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom