• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mohamed Elneny: Pyramid Pirlo

Pick one

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

teamsoutheast

Not sure why people are expecting him to be the creative force in the midfield. He's a holding midfielder, not a creator. That's Xhaka's job. His job is to carry out defensive duties and play it simple. This is why I keep saying to people the midfield balance isn't right. We had no link between midfield and attack and it showed yesterday. City just crowded out our main creative force Ødegaard therefore nullyfying any threat through the middle. This is why most of our threats came down the wings. We have too many deep lying midfield players in our squad IMO. This is why Elneny and Xhaka looks so average. If Xhaka or Elneny had Gundogan and Bernardo Silva either side of them you will see how much better they would look...

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I’d sell him for a packet of quavers if I could.

Absolutely pointless footballer. Only reason to start him is if all our other CMs are injured. And even then the minutes would be much better used developing someone like Azeez.
well people who watch the reserves says Azeez is lazy and lack the defensive work rate. Last type of midfielder you want against City. El nenny did ok yesterday. When you get beat by a header from Sterling in the 1st minute between your CBs, then the blame should go to the defence,

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
For Elneny, he had a pretty good game. He's got a good engine and does the basics fairly well.

The problem is a pretty good game from Elneny isn't up to the standard required to start for Arsenal outside of the League Cup / Europa League group stages, let alone against Man City.

I like the guy, he'll give you everything he's got. He's just not good enough. So I can't really knock him.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
well people who watch the reserves says Azeez is lazy and lack the defensive work rate. Last type of midfielder you want against City. El nenny did ok yesterday. When you get beat by a header from Sterling in the 1st minute between your CBs, then the blame should go to the defence,
Yes, and when you create the square root of **** all because your midfielder gets a heart attack if he passes 5 m forward, then you blame the midfield

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Yes, and when you create the square root of **** all because your midfielder gets a heart attack if he passes 5 m forward, then you blame the midfield
El nenny rarely plays and we are sh1t anyway. The whole team and manager are sh1t

TakeChillPill

Established Member
We know what el neny does well which is recycling the ball, probably the best at the club. But he can't progress play to save his life. I blame his dad, probably scares El Neny so much as a kid for giving the ball away he now has this wired mental block.

His ball rentetion is honestly up there with busquets, but his play progression is up there with...well, nobody, he's a bloody enigma.

Iceman10

Established Member
Not sure why people are expecting him to be the creative force in the midfield. He's a holding midfielder, not a creator. That's Xhaka's job. His job is to carry out defensive duties and play it simple. This is why I keep saying to people the midfield balance isn't right. We had no link between midfield and attack and it showed yesterday. City just crowded out our main creative force Ødegaard therefore nullyfying any threat through the middle. This is why most of our threats came down the wings. We have too many deep lying midfield players in our squad IMO. This is why Elneny and Xhaka looks so average. If Xhaka or Elneny had Gundogan and Bernardo Silva either side of them you will see how much better they would look...

The game has changed from around 5-10 years ago when a pure DM without progressive passing skills was probably enough for a PL team but not anymore, just as there are more demands on centrebacks in the game today to be good technically as ball carriers with competent passing across the back line and from back to front, which again wasn’t so much in demand of them 5-10 years back. It is just evolution of the game, as with demands on the #10 position requiring a player more similar to KDB than Özil. I agree with comments above though, regardless of limitations Elneny is trying his best.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Tbh Mo gives everything he has on the pitch. He is not good enough as a starter but as a backup he is absolutely fine. He was our MOTM in the Away game against Man United for the short memories

He has his limitations but I really don’t get the vitriol directed his way. Blame Arteta for his poor squad planning. Mo gives it his all and that’s all I want to see.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I thought he tried yo be more offensive and on the front foot today. No need to extend. Just keep as a squaddie and sell if possible. Nice guy though.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Him and Granit dominated Ndidi and Tielemans today, credit today to my racist boy!

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Tbh Mo gives everything he has on the pitch. He is not good enough as a starter but as a backup he is absolutely fine. He was our MOTM in the Away game against Man United for the short memories

He has his limitations but I really don’t get the vitriol directed his way. Blame Arteta for his poor squad planning. Mo gives it his all and that’s all I want to see.
If I go there and give my all, is that enough? There should be standards for basic requirements, some people will get there at 70% of their capacity like Partey, and some give their all like Mo and it still not enough.
I won't go into a debate around the first goal, but Mo simply doesn't win the ball for us, and that's an issue for someone who plays his role.
He does run, although not with great intensity, he is not a physical rock in our midfield who would bully other players, he is not creative, not winning headers and pretty much everything he does is average or below.
I get the idea that Partey was off for so long, but I'd rather see some younger player like Azeez next season with us than this waste of space, at least for a squad role

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
If I go there and give my all, is that enough? There should be standards for basic requirements, some people will get there at 70% of their capacity like Partey, and some give their all like Mo and it still not enough.
I won't go into a debate around the first goal, but Mo simply doesn't win the ball for us, and that's an issue for someone who plays his role.
He does run, although not with great intensity, he is not a physical rock in our midfield who would bully other players, he is not creative, not winning headers and pretty much everything he does is average or below.
I get the idea that Partey was off for so long, but I'd rather see some younger player like Azeez next season with us than this waste of space, at least for a squad role

Don't get me wrong, Azeez definitely needs to be included in the first team squad next season. El neny shouldn't be taking his minutes per se but he can be useful over the course of a long season. He needs to cut out some basic errors which haven't really been part of his game recently though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom