• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mohamed Elneny: Pyramid Pirlo

Pick one

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
His goal was well taken and when there was space, he showed a willingness to go forward. We shouldn't extend as there's nothing he offers that another player couldn't be coached into doing and more. I still think Willock could do his and Ceballos' job for half the wage. 66 PL games on almost five years. Let him go even for £1m.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

His goal was well taken and when there was space, he showed a willingness to go forward. We shouldn't extend as there's nothing he offers that another player couldn't be coached into doing and more. I still think Willock could do his and Ceballos' job for half the wage. 66 PL games on almost five years. Let him go even for £1m.
Willock can never offer what he does. Willock imo won’t even be central midfielder

Kav

Established Member

Willock’s passing is quite poor. He has a lot more development to do to replace someone like Elneny or Ceballos.

GoonerJay24

Very underappreciated player who works hard and actually is pretty good technically.
Nowhere near starting 11 quality for a club the size of Arsenal but he should be playing next to Partey whilst Xhaka is deputising at Lb.

Obviously he frustrates me a little with his negative passing and at times minimal tenacity in midfield, but I think he's been steady all season when starting and gives the team balance.

I don't understand the hate he receives sometimes.

Pop Tart

Established Member
I think he does have some positives but the negatives outweigh the good. He kills attacks when he chooses to pass sideways or back. Nothing wrong with doing that time from time but he is just negative, maybe it's a confidence thing but he has been in positions when great space has opened up to play a ball forward and he chooses not to. Is is counter productive.

Iceman10

Established Member
If our club executives cannot sell him for 5-8m, even with his contract run down to one year, it will only confirm they are completely incompetent. The good thing about his performance against Newcastle is it should have helped.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Willock’s passing is quite poor. He has a lot more development to do to replace someone like Elneny or Ceballos.
Willock can’t bench longstaff who is the English el neny. Yet he is way better than el neny lool. These people are deluded when it comes to academy players

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Very underappreciated player who works hard and actually is pretty good technically.
Nowhere near starting 11 quality for a club the size of Arsenal but he should be playing next to Partey whilst Xhaka is deputising at Lb.

Obviously he frustrates me a little with his negative passing and at times minimal tenacity in midfield, but I think he's been steady all season when starting and gives the team balance.

Think you pretty much answered your own question in the first paragraph.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐

No hate. One can;t help but be fond of Elnenny, he's a wonderful ma, a very decent guy, and a lovely human being, he is not however a footballer fit to play for Arsenal. What you perceive as hate is merely frustration at his lack of quality.

Kav

Established Member
Elneny can't pass either. Playing the safe option 5 yards next to him is something even Willock can do, he just tries to take risks. Luiz has a better passing range than Elneny ffs

This is where we disagree I am sure if you look at graphs his general passing is longer in range than Xhaka (that is his average passes are over a longer distance). Most of Xhaka’s passes are literally 5-8 yards to the LB or Cb.

Moh will actually pass across the field more often than Xhaka. Also people like to bash players and ignore the roles they are given in the team. It shows a lack of knowledge or appreciation for the different task that they do.
Moh is usually played as a DLP so he drops in between the two Cb to collect and distribute. Usually to beat a press ( Xhaka does this too) but Moh is more mobile and press resistant than Xhaka.

Your comment about Willock is funny because we have seen when he is played in Central midfield that he’s not a good passer at all. He’s a better ball carrier than passes and his 5 yard passes are actually not very good. In any case Moh is decent at what he does, nothing more.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

El neny is the reason why the 5 players ahead of him can’t create much. How much does rodri create city or Kanye for Chelsea? He is a decent player. But our attack being poor is not on him. Cause there is no difference when he doesn’t play

Abhishek Arora

Always Hoping For The Worst
El neny is the reason why the 5 players ahead of him can’t create much. How much does rodri create city or Kanye for Chelsea? He is a decent player. But our attack being poor is not on him. Cause there is no difference when he doesn’t play
He is no where near rodri and kante level whether its attack or defence

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

He is no where near rodri and kante level whether its attack or defence
He is not the reason we have sh1t attack and rodri and Kante are not the reason those teams attack is much better. He is a scapegoat and I really hope he doesn’t play against Villarreal for his own sake

Reactions: Kav
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom