• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mohamed Elyounoussi

emilursin

Norwegian Newspaper VG are linking us to the Norwegian International Mohamed Elyounoussi.

Scored 1 goal and had 1 assist vs City when Basel beat them in the CL match a couple of days ago.

Currently has 5 goals and 11 assists in 20 matches in the Super League for Basel.

https://www.vg.no/sport/fotball/i/wE0mAL/moi-kobles-til-arsenal-han-er-het-naa

Apparantly we had scouts watching him back in August 2017.

In the interview "Moi" confirms that there is conrete intererest from some Premier League clubs and that it is not just rumours.

Apparantly Southampton and Leicester have scouted him as well.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Looked like a tricky fella in the game against City. He might be an option for a winger if he's gonna be cheap, because most of our budget should go in defenders this summer.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We need wingers this summer if we keep playing 4-3-3 never watched him but checking his stats 13 assist and 10 goals in 32 games last season this season he in route to get similar numbers.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Another player from Basel was quite impressive on the night v City. Light skin black fella. Quite powerful looking. Geoffroy Serey Die. He's 33, so one for the future on AM... Great name as well.

emilursin

Watched him alot when he was playing in norway, i rate him, but its hard to say how good he would be in the premier league, Basel to Arsenal is a huge step up...

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Not good enough.. His level at the moment is probably bottom of the Pl and that's being generous.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Why do you think that? Genuinely curious

I haven't seen him at Basel tbf, but I've seen a lot of him before that and while I like him, there's nothing special there that suggests he'd succeed at a top club. Like he has some good qualities(good dribbling(although he had a tendency to overdo it), intensity, end product etc), but you'd find so many players that can do all those things at a higher level. Someone like Zaha is a much better player imo and I don't think he's at the quality of player we should be after for that wing position..

He might have improved massively at Basel idk, but from what I've read the consensus seems to be that his next step should be a mid-lower level team in pl/la liga, and I'd honestly be surprised if he established himself as one of their best players even at that level.

Last edited:

emilursin

https://www.vg.no/sport/i/4dX6K6/toppklubb-i-premier-league-foelger-elyounoussi-tett-det-er-kult

This rumour is actually starting to look like more than just a rumour. He confirms that a big club in england that is usually amongts the top four clubs in the premier league have made contact and have stepped up their interests after his performance in the CL.

He doesnt want to say which team it is, only that it is a great club with a great history and that they are historically a top four team in england. So deffinetely looks like its us...

Aevi

Hale End FC
This makes a lot of sense. Good price, a bit of a gamble, young talent, this is the type of signing it seems we're in a position to make atm. If Sven says he's got something special, then let's do it.

Tom349

This makes a lot of sense. Good price, a bit of a gamble, young talent, this is the type of signing it seems we're in a position to make atm. If Sven says he's got something special, then let's do it.

With the signings of Myki and Auba in the January transfer window, our need for more talent in the final third isn't as great as our need for GK, CB (x2) and someone who can break up play in the middle of the field. So a signing like Elyounoussi in the range of 10-15m is a good signing provided we spend big on those other areas. However if someone like Dembele wanted to come to Arsenal then you find additional funds and spend it on him.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
With the signings of Myki and Auba in the January transfer window, our need for more talent in the final third isn't as great as our need for GK, CB (x2) and someone who can break up play in the middle of the field. So a signing like Elyounoussi in the range of 10-15m is a good signing provided we spend big on those other areas. However if someone like Dembele wanted to come to Arsenal then you find additional funds and spend it on him.

Dembele will never leave Barca after one season. He's had it rough, but he's started to show his ability again. It's stupid to think Barca would sell a player they just signed for ~ 120m to Arsenal for a nice cut price. And even if - it would be min around 60 to 70m which is apparently the whole transfer kit without sales. Where would you exactly go and find these additional funds? You think Gazidis got a couple of mil buried in his backyard? Kroenke sure does, but he won't invest a penny for additional funds. So that's that.

Elyounoussi would be a nice backup instead of Iwobi, who could and should go out on loan. But I have to agree on that it's unfeasible, as other areas need more urgent addressing under the pretext of limited transfer funds. Especially as the guy will not cost just 10 to 15m. Basel got 20m for Manuel Akanji, a 22-year old CB prospect without any sort of international reputation. Elyounoussi is Basel's main offensive driving force, they will want at least 20m, if not more.

Tom349

Dembele will never leave Barca after one season. He's had it rough, but he's started to show his ability again. It's stupid to think Barca would sell a player they just signed for ~ 120m to Arsenal for a nice cut price. And even if - it would be min around 60 to 70m which is apparently the whole transfer kit without sales. Where would you exactly go and find these additional funds? You think Gazidis got a couple of mil buried in his backyard? Kroenke sure does, but he won't invest a penny for additional funds. So that's that.

Elyounoussi would be a nice backup instead of Iwobi, who could and should go out on loan. But I have to agree on that it's unfeasible, as other areas need more urgent addressing under the pretext of limited transfer funds. Especially as the guy will not cost just 10 to 15m. Basel got 20m for Manuel Akanji, a 22-year old CB prospect without any sort of international reputation. Elyounoussi is Basel's main offensive driving force, they will want at least 20m, if not more.

I think if Dembele was available then Kroenke would give the all clear for the transfer to go ahead. Kroenke interest in Arsenal extends only to making a profit and if you could get Dembele at a fair price (80-90m) then it makes sense for him as Dembele has the potential to go for more than that in the future. Which in the meanwhile he helps gets us back into champions league and what not. Its not a coincidence that the only time Arsenal has spent big without selling someone to fund another transfer during Kroenke ownership has been Özil and Auba which both happened when the club was a in bad predicament and needed someone to help boost the atmosphere and overall results. As sad as it is to admit Kroenke knows exactly what he is doing and only cares for how profitable we are rather than how successful we are. So going back to Dembele Kroenke could see it as an investment opportunity.

As for the Akanji transfer fee in regard to El Younoussi it was 21.5m euros including bonus which is more like 15m pounds, which is what I think they would be more than happy with for El Younoussi. Also the earlier you do business in the transfer window the cheaper you get players.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Copying @Toby Andrl in the non-Arsenal transfer thread...

Might need to add that the article links him strongest to Dortmund. Looks like they will have a major overhaul especially on the wings.

Personally, I wouldnt mind one of the second rate targets like him, Zaha or Neres, who all were in the papers lately. They have the quality but are not necessarilly prime targets with prices above 50m. The biggest chunk of transfer fees should go towards the defence.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Personally, I wouldnt mind one of the second rate targets like him, Zaha or Neres, who all were in the papers lately. They have the quality but are not necessarilly prime targets with prices above 50m. The biggest chunk of transfer fees should go towards the defence.
I've seen a compilation of Neres on Youtube and the kid has a bag full of tricks in him, but he's a featherweight and doesn't look like he can cross very well or assist.

Zaha works pretty hard and tries to pose as much of a threat as possible with varying degrees of success and the problem will more than likely be the price tag. For the money Palace would want for him, there are better options available around Europe.

In the squad analysis thread I mentioned Depay as an Alexis replacement, who took Ligue 1 by storm this season and looks to have fixed his attitude.

Top Bottom