• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Moises Caicedo

Would you meet the £80m asking price?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Someone on Reddit called him “super reliable” for South American players.

635af9abea35650019e08e19

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Do you think something will happen on a saturday night? No ones gonna put a bid in tonight, why are we even here? What the **** am I doing with my life. I'm lucky my wife's not home, she would've called the mental hospital

Wait, it's the perfect time to do something, they might all be hammered come midnight, phone them then and they might be so drunk they'll accept a bid.

WiscoGooner8

I'm having flashbacks to the White saga. Wasn't it 50 million pounds they demanded?

80 million pounds will do it. It's a good deal for everyone. They just have to get a replacement from somewhere, they have good scouts.
Need to go into Tuesday knowing whether we are signing this guy or not. We can’t afford a Luiz situation where we spend the whole day trying to convince them to sell and they keep telling us they aren’t. If Brighton tell us on Monday they aren’t selling him for 80 then spend Tuesday panicking for someone else.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
I find this public stance by Brighton fascinating.

Apparently they bought him for less than £10m ?

Being offered £60m would represent a £50m profit. Most clubs would snap that up without even thinking.
Apparently they bought him for £4.5m

I'm not sure why people think how much profit you can make has much influence on how much you willing to sell for. It usually comes down to how much you think the player is worth and how much you think someone is willing to pay for it.

If someone offered £80m for Saka I don't think we would for a second take into consideration that he cost us nothing and we would be making £80m profit.

Likewise when we trying to recoup some money from Pepe, the £72m we paid for him will be irrelevant.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Need to go into Tuesday knowing whether we are signing this guy or not. We can’t afford a Luiz situation where we spend the whole day trying to convince them to sell and they keep telling us they aren’t. If Brighton tell us on Monday they aren’t selling him for 80 then spend Tuesday panicking for someone else.
Yeah, well like I said, I assume the final 3rd bid will be 80 million pounds. If they're very sure this is the guy, the might go a bit higher even. But it's the final bid. Usually Arsenal seems to make 3 bids and that's it.

There's always Zubimendi release clause to activate, but he might not want to leave his childhood club in bad situation if they don't have time to get a replacement. Like Partey was fine to do. They're currently 3rd 7 points ahead of Atletico, so having a great season.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
What? How's he better? Player Comparison: Moisés Caicedo vs. Amadou Haidara | FBref.com

They're not even on the same planet. Look at their passing and defensive metrics. Caicedo is on a completely different level.

Haidara is also 24 (will turn 25 in 3 days) and doesn't even make the starting 11 for Leipzig.

Maybe Kone at Gladbach is comparable to Caicedo but still not nearly as good: Player Comparison: Moisés Caicedo vs. Kouadio Koné | FBref.com

Caicedo is better defensively but not by that much and Haidara has much better progressive passes and goals and assists. I definitely agree that Caidedo is a better age profile and league proven

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom