• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Moises Caicedo

Would you meet the £80m asking price?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Caicedo & Rice in the middle might not have the technique or flair that some might want going forward - but the fact is that they might just be the difference makers against a team like City that dominates possession. Those are 6 points that might ultimately be the difference between winning the league or not just like they were this season.

I think Guardiola might see us as serious challengers in terms of keeping up with City over the course of a season - but my hunch is that he's confident enough of ripping us to shreds when they're in top gear and rightfully so. The fact that they seem open to selling Cancelo to us also indicates that ultimately they're confident enough that it wouldn't derail their own ambitions. Having 2 serial ball-winners in the middle might not be necessary against most premiership teams, but it sure as hell goes a long way with helping us in big CL games and tough away or title deciding games in the league.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I'd much rather Caicedo for 70-80m than Rice for 100m, I'd even prefer Caicedo if Rice cost 80m. That being said I don't see either as 8s that raise the bar on our midfield. I think the odds are very low that they can reproduce Xhaka's output. Also, despite his output Xhaka's had clear flaws in his game at 8. A more nimble player (like Caicedo) with attacking threat (unlike Caicedo) would fit much better there. I also like a tenacious player at 8, which is why I suggested Mac Allister or Barella.

Rice scores the occassional goal, but no guarantees he'll produce as much when already in the attacking third (I think people really underestimate what it means to arrive in a position rather than starting from that position, for one thing it would take away the space to start his marauding runs or the space for a long shot, that space would need to be created by the player).
Maybe we are switching from the two 8s and having a double pivot.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I'd much rather Caicedo for 70-80m than Rice for 100m, I'd even prefer Caicedo if Rice cost 80m. That being said I don't see either as 8s that raise the bar on our midfield. I think the odds are very low that they can reproduce Xhaka's output. Also, despite his output Xhaka's had clear flaws in his game at 8. A more nimble player (like Caicedo) with attacking threat (unlike Caicedo) would fit much better there. I also like a tenacious player at 8, which is why I suggested Mac Allister or Barella.

Rice scores the occassional goal, but no guarantees he'll produce as much when already in the attacking third (I think people really underestimate what it means to arrive in a position rather than starting from that position, for one thing it would take away the space to start his marauding runs or the space for a long shot, that space would need to be created by the player).
We need to replace Xhaka and Rice can do the job the Xhaka was doing and will add more to our game Caicedo at Brighton with how much offensive they he used at someone who win the ball get more control in midfield but he don't have the ability currently to carry the ball forward be creative with passing and attack final 3rd. that why we targeting both

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Caicedo & Rice in the middle might not have the technique or flair that some might want going forward - but the fact is that they might just be the difference makers against a team like City that dominates possession. Those are 6 points that might ultimately be the difference between winning the league or not just like they were this season.

I think Guardiola might see us as serious challengers in terms of keeping up with City over the course of a season - but my hunch is that he's confident enough of ripping us to shreds when they're in top gear and rightfully so. The fact that they seem open to selling Cancelo to us also indicates that ultimately they're confident enough that it wouldn't derail their own ambitions. Having 2 serial ball-winners in the middle might not be necessary against most premiership teams, but it sure as hell goes a long way with helping us in big CL games and tough away or title deciding games in the league.

I think the Gundogan deal would give us a better idea on what City are thinking with us. I agree that they feel they remain superior right now and have more quality and depth than us for a grueling season.

But they also cant allow us to build more depth and versatility with their help, as they did last time.

Cancelo I think is a deal they need to do somewhere, and we are looking the most suitable for them there, hence the openness to do business.

City were brilliant over the last 14 games, but they are going to be thinking about what we done in the first half of the season, and probably prepare more dynamics on their side to be able to replicate or at least chase that.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Maybe we are switching from the two 8s and having a double pivot.
I hope not. What's the point of having Zinchencko at LB then when he can't move to the middle? What do you do when Ødegaard is shut down? Much less creative formation
We need to replace Xhaka and Rice can do the job the Xhaka was doing and will add more to our game Caicedo at Brighton with how much offensive they he used at someone who win the ball get more control in midfield but he don't have the ability currently to carry the ball forward be creative with passing and attack final 3rd. that why we targeting both
I think it's unlikely that Rice can do what we want the player in Xhaka's position to do is what I'm saying. Caicedo definitely can't. Target the best out of the two for nr.6 and target the best 8 available on the market (neither of them).

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I hope not. What's the point of having Zinchencko at LB then when he can't move to the middle? What do you do when Ødegaard is shut down? Much less creative formation

I think it's unlikely that Rice can do what we want the player in Xhaka's position to do is what I'm saying. Caicedo definitely can't. Target the best out of the two for nr.6 and target the best 8 available on the market (neither of them).
I think Rice is just being signed as our new 6. And I think we will sign an 8. Either Maddison or Veiga

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
interesting lot of chelsea fans see their club don't have the ability to convince Caicedo to join them if CL club want him.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Yes we have the power now, wish people on here would recognise this!
lot of them say if both clubs bid Caicedo will easily join us.

Chelsea capable of convincing with money tho they just don't mind throw away big wage meanwhile us we like to be smart think it'll be up for Caicedo to chose.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

lot of them say if both clubs bid Caicedo will easily join us.

Chelsea capable of convincing with money tho they just don't mind throw away big wage meanwhile us we like to be smart think it'll be up for Caicedo to chose.
We have the money too, Stan worth 12.5B our wage bill is reasonable. No brainer imo.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
We need to wrap this up in next 2 days. Liverpool closed McAllister for peanuts and Bellingham moved to Madrid.

This is a no brainier....we need him ..can play RB as back and CDM.

Pay what Brighton want.

SA Gunner

interesting lot of chelsea fans see their club don't have the ability to convince Caicedo to join them if CL club want him.

They know that they are a mess at the moment. Outside of throwing money at Moises, there isnt much else to be positive about there.

They are also hoping that we wont have the funds to go for both Rice and Caicedo, in fact most rival fans are putting that idea out their minds.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Yeah now I get this reset comment from Arteta and Edu. They're getting Rice and Caicedo to close the circle with a proper WM formation some 100 years after Chapman revolutionized the game. Love to see it :drool:

Martinelli - Jesus - Saka
Rice - Øde
Zinny - Caicedo
Gabriel - Saliba - White
Ramsdale​

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

How much did we get for finishing in 2nd place?

Between that, the funds in place & expected player sales, we should have more than enough to sign both Rice & Caicedo.

We really need to maximize the fact that players want to come to Arsenal now!! Fortunes turn so quickly in football that we never know when such opportunities will present themselves again.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
if somehow we make bid for Caicedo it'll be near 80M our last bid in January was 70M or something close we won't do that again.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐

Between that, the funds in place & expected player sales, we should have more than enough to sign both Rice & Caicedo.

We really need to maximize the fact that players want to come to Arsenal now!! Fortunes turn so quickly in football that we never know when such opportunities will present themselves again.
i believe 140M or little less than that. i think money isn't problem but we have to be careful with ffp we need good sales Kroenke also demanded that from edu

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba

I think the difference between finishing 2nd and 5th is kind of negligible in terms of PL payout, maybe only about 9m but then you factor CL Football and it probably makes you a minimum of an extra 40-50m

SA Gunner

Yeah now I get this reset comment from Arteta and Edu. They're getting Rice and Caicedo to close the circle with a proper WM formation some 100 years after Chapman revolutionized the game. Love to see it :drool:

Martinelli - Jesus - Saka
Rice - Øde
Zinny - Caicedo
Gabriel - Saliba - White
Ramsdale​

Yes, I like this. Its a equal split defence-attack. (5-5)

Zinny interchanges with Rice in that system and plays as our left 8, on top of a very athletic, solid base.

Teams wont be able to attack the spaces out wide as they have this season. Think Villa's first goal against us at Villa Park. The dispossessing of Zinchenko and cross ball to Watkins.

This base allows us to play two lightweights in the attacking halfspaces, without much problem defensively. For more combination play, you put a faster player in there (Smith Rowe, Trossard, perhaps Havertz/Gabri) without much loss defensively.

By the way, I dont think we are going for another 8 profile in the market, other than perhaps a Xhaka replacement. Think Trossard, Smith Rowe, Ødegaard, Vieira, Xhaka/Gundogan, Zinchenko do the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom