• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Moises Caicedo

Would you meet the £80m asking price?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparrahork

Lots of guys here pushing for a super attacking number 8, I can't see it happening however.

The reason zinny was so effective last season was xhaka's defensive work covering him, if you sign a Maddison type player then that exposes Gabriel more and our defence is dragged out of position, even against weaker sided.

I guess rice can do that motoring up and down midfield as an 8, a lot of players being named may seem good ideas on paper but unlikely to be so in oractice

Bloodbather

Established Member

Lots of guys here pushing for a super attacking number 8, I can't see it happening however.

The reason zinny was so effective last season was xhaka's defensive work covering him, if you sign a Maddison type player then that exposes Gabriel more and our defence is dragged out of position, even against weaker sided.

I guess rice can do that motoring up and down midfield as an 8, a lot of players being named may seem good ideas on paper but unlikely to be so in oractice
Super attacking no 8 who doesn't contribute defensively is a no go, but an advanced 8 who does contribute defensively would be very good. People like Bellingham, Barella, Mac Allister, Kudus, Szoboszlai, Simons, Gravenberch, Le Fée, etc.

benjamin86

Established Member
You read this come back off a top 10 list too?

Ai says....
Sure! Here are ten popular comebacks that can be used in various situations:
  1. "If I wanted to hear from an idiot, I'd watch the news."
  2. "I'm sorry, I don't speak stupid."
  3. "You must have been born on a highway because that's where most accidents happen."
  4. "Is your drama going to have an intermission? I need to grab some popcorn."
  5. "I don't have the time or the crayons to explain this to you."
  6. "I'm not saying I hate you, but I would unplug your life support to charge my phone."
  7. "If laughter is the best medicine, your face must be curing the world."
  8. "I would challenge you to a battle of wits, but I see you're unarmed."
  9. "I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."
  10. "Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize you were an expert on my life and how I should live it. Please continue while I take notes."
Remember, it's important to use comebacks in a lighthearted and playful manner, avoiding situations that could escalate into conflict or hurt someone's feelings.

:lol:

Gunner-Union

Id like both cacaido and rice. I’d rather we kept Tierney played him at left back and moved zinny in to Xhakas position. I thought as the season went on the I’m we’re full back became less effective and we were caught out more.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Top player, but (if we sign Rice) I don’t see where he slots into a Pep/Mikel 433 system.
With the ball attack in a 3-2-2-3 (WM) which becomes a 3-2-5 in the final third with Zinchenko and Ødegaard making late runs into open space:
Martinelli Jesus Saka
Zinchenko Ødegaard
Rice Caicedo
Gabriel Saliba White
to
Martinelli Zinchenko Jesus Ødegaard Saka
Rice Caicedo
Gabriel Saliba White​

Without the ball defend in a 442 or 541:
Martinelli Jesus
Zinchenko Rice Ødegaard Saka
Gabriel Saliba White Caicedo
or
Jesus
Martinelli Rice Ødegaard Saka
Zinchenko Gabriel Saliba White Caicedo​

That team basically can do whatever it wants in attack while still being very hard to break down once out of possession. We could even play Kiwi in place of Zinchenko and go full Pep psychopath with 4 CBs in defense and White or Saliba taking on the Stones role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom