• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Moises Caicedo

Would you meet the £80m asking price?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

benjamin86

Established Member
If we were to get Ricedo it will be interesting to see if we take more risks going forward and possibly play a little more like Liverpool - win the ball and try to work to a position to shoot within 10-20 seconds. Ricedo would give us more security in defensive transitions.

ChefMan21

If we were to get Ricedo it will be interesting to see if we take more risks going forward and possibly play a little more like Liverpool - win the ball and try to work to a position to shoot within 10-20 seconds. Ricedo would give us more security in defensive transitions.
Depends on what happens at right back imo. Either White or Tierney have to be playing for some additional defensive prowess, so if Cancelo comes in say, then Tierney almost needs to play instead of Zinny. Our supporter base will die from heart attacks quickly if games start being 5-4 to the Arsenal.

Gn1212

Douglas Luiz was a special case. We desperately needed a backup after Elneny got injured, and Luiz was refusing to renew his contract with Villa, so we tried to capitalize. We have other alternatives now and Luiz has renewed his contract.
So if you really think about, it's a very similar scenario to what happened with Caicedo in January then?

Same thing prompt us in trying to sign him, which is Elneny getting injured. Caicedo was on very low wages too and was desperate to go. We tried to capitalize. We have better alternatives now(Rice and Zubimendi) and Caicedo has renewed his contract.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

So if you really think about, it's a very similar scenario to what happened with Caicedo in January then?

Same thing prompt us in trying to sign him, which is Elneny getting injured. Caicedo was on very low wages too and was desperate to go. We tried to capitalize. We have better alternatives now(Rice and Zubimendi) and Caicedo has renewed his contract.
Neither are better players than Caicedo. He is a special player. But I get why we prefer Rice even though I don’t agree

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I think Rice is very marketable player and future England captain. He is very good player as well. In media he will be what Grealish is for city. The guy that’s always interviewed after matches and media darling and fans will connect with him
You just know every bad Rice performance will be blamed on other players, Partey and Zinchenko gonna get all the slack.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

You just know every bad Rice performance will be blamed on other players, Partey and Zinchenko gonna get all the slack.

I do think 12 months from now the forum will be split on those who think he is overrated vs those who will say he is following the managers instructions and he has a lot more to his game. He will never live up to the price. But like Grealish his personality and the naked eye don’t see what he brings will carry him

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Why does Pires' opinion matter on this though?

It doesn't. But the implication is that, since he is close to people at the club & therefore, privy to knowledge we don't know, he might be voicing the opinion of the powers that be re: Caicedo & our intentions towards him.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Yeah, but there's a huge gap between them in terms of price valuation. Caicedo would've been a huge investment whereas Luiz would be a minimal one.

I do think we favor Rice over Caicedo anyway.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

The only reason I see this dragging along further than Rice is that our only rivals for Caicedo, Chelsea, have a player that Brighton want (Colwill) who can be factored into the deal. We, however, simply have to offer a fee Brighton deems acceptable.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The only reason I see this dragging along further than Rice is that our only rivals for Caicedo, Chelsea, have a player that Brighton want (Colwill) who can be factored into the deal. We, however, simply have to offer a fee Brighton deems acceptable.

Slightly more complicated than that. There is history with Cucurella being plucked when they didn't actually want to sell him. They also took Potter and his whole backroom staff. It worked out fine in the end, but that is a very disruptive thing to do.

I think Chelsea will need to overpay in fee and wages to get him. I reckon we could get him for 75 million. Chelsea would probably pay the same we pay for Rice.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

The thing here is that Caicedo back in January on social media emphasised how important the financial aspect was to him coming from such a large and poor family. So I wonder if he'll put that above all else including CL football, the fact we're in a better situation than Chelsea at least in the present.

And btw a lot of people might hate but there's absolutely nothing wrong with that line of thinking especially if he's doing it for his family. People don't realise for a lot of people becoming a professional footballer was driven by the desire to create a better life for their families as much if not more than personal glory of what comes with being a footballer. It's the same with boxers and mma fighters, you'd be amazed at how many don't actually have a great love for the sport and its just a means to and ends for them and something they say as an opportunity.

Obviously I don't know if this is the case with Caicedo, I'm doing a lot of assuming here. Perhaps he does equally value the other aspects in terms of competing for titles and stuff like that, also does close to him might advise him that Arsenal is the better move even if Chelsea offer slightly more. In any case I don't think Chelsea offer him absolutely ridiculous wages, or certainly to an extent that we couldn't at least get close to.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

The thing here is that Caicedo back in January on social media emphasised how important the financial aspect was to him coming from such a large and poor family. So I wonder if he'll put that above all else including CL football, the fact we're in a better situation than Chelsea at least in the present.

And btw a lot of people might hate but there's absolutely nothing wrong with that line of thinking especially if he's doing it for his family. People don't realise for a lot of people becoming a professional footballer was driven by the desire to create a better life for their families as much if not more than personal glory of what comes with being a footballer. It's the same with boxers and mma fighters, you'd be amazed at how many don't actually have a great love for the sport and its just a means to and ends for them and something they say as an opportunity.

Obviously I don't know if this is the case with Caicedo, I'm doing a lot of assuming here. Perhaps he does equally value the other aspects in terms of competing for titles and stuff like that, also does close to him might advise him that Arsenal is the better move even if Chelsea offer slightly more. In any case I don't think Chelsea offer him absolutely ridiculous wages, or certainly to an extent that we couldn't at least get close to.

That’s assuming both Chelsea and Arsenal get bids accepted. I don’t think it will come to that. Similar to mudryk I think only one bid will be accepted and he will go from there

If we get rice I don’t think we will bid for him unless we selling Jorginho

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

That’s assuming both Chelsea and Arsenal get bids accepted. I don’t think it will come to that. Similar to mudryk I think only one bid will be accepted and he will go from there

If we get rice I don’t think we will bid for him unless we selling Jorginho

Did we sign Jorginho after we gave up on Caicedo in January? I can't remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom