Monchi Targeted for Technical Director Role

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by American_Gooner, Jan 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

2. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Hopefully if we get Monchi his deals will be better than the players he brings to Roma

Vibra, Gooner416, Camron and 2 others like this.
  3. <<reed>>

<<reed>> Attention Seeker

Roma lost 7-1 recently, lovely stuff.

4. krackpot

krackpot Well-Known Member

it's Roma. They are right next to Lazio too.

5. Tourbillion

Tourbillion Well-Known Member

I always saw this guy's name bandied about and lauded as one of the very best in the world. So, is he not that great after all then? I'm confused.

6. say yes

say yes To VAR

His track record and reputation is elite. Definite upgrade on Sven if we get him.

Dj_sds -, Jae, Sapient Hawk and 3 others like this.
  7. yousif_arsenal

he was the key with Emery that Sevilla won 3 europa leagues and found very good talented players.

8. Tourbillion

Tourbillion Well-Known Member

Cool, but how come people criticise his time with Roma? What went wrong?

9. yousif_arsenal

The players he and the manager brought didn't improve the team but in my opinion that down to the manager who not been good with his tactics and system.

krackpot likes this.
  10. yousif_arsenal

Monchi and Roma spent 120M on transfers this season but all the players they brought under preformed preformed. They still made 30M profit from players sales.

If he joins Arsenal he'll have hopefully better budget better scouting stuff manager he knows.

11. Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast Opta Loyalist

Mainly because people don't know what the hell they're talking about. Maybe because they struggled a bit earlier this season (although they're battling for a CL spot now). Possibly because Monchi bought and sold Salah and Alisson for an £80 million profit to improve the club's financial position.

But he still has his worldwide network of about 700 scouts and has brought in such young starlets as Justin Kluivert, Patrik Schick and Cengiz √únder in the last transfer window.

Plus, he used to go on long early morning walks with his buddy Maradona. :D

Gooner Zig, Jae, Sapient Hawk and 6 others like this.
  12. dashsnow17

dashsnow17 Well-Known Member

"Iberian Soul" is an early 90's techno track, isn't it? Pretty sure I have it on vinyl.

13. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog Every Little Thing Is Gonna Be Alright

DONchi.

Get him in. Get the smelly hobo out.

14. berric

berric Well-Known Member

His reputation with Roma is mixed because he sold a lot of players for big profit, and brought a lot of newcomers who didn't blend easily in the system but they undoubtedly have talent.

I want to think that here he will have more breathing room but judging from the recent financial extravaganza I don't know what to think.

I remember when Roma's FB page posted it was his birthday, some Roma fans commented: "Monchi please don't sell your birthday cake!". :lol: Sums it up imo.

15. krackpot

krackpot Well-Known Member

I feel Totti overshadowed everything at Roma until he came. Monchi changed the power equation.

Monchi was the one who retired him, and there were bound to be a big microscope over him after that.

16. Dutch D

Dutch D Well-Known Member

No personal attachment to this guy. Just hope we have a proper structure in place soon, so there is plenty of time to prepare for what I hope will be a busy summer.

17. grange

grange Well-Known Member

He does look like a bald eunuch

18. Malky

Malky Well-Known Member

If you're going to conduct business with Monchi or Sven, based on looks, Monchi looks like a no nonsense, tells it like it is, straight down to business and drinks whiskey straight. Sven looks like he'll steer off course and start talking about veganism, recycling and climate change, while drinking green tea.

krackpot, Tir Na Nog and OnlyOne like this.
  19. Leeroy1979

Leeroy1979 Active Member

If we can bounce back from the Sven mess by ending up with monchi in place I'd say we will have recovered bloody well

20. Rex Banner

Rex Banner Massive SAFophile Trusted

Iberian Soul sounds like a sh*t nightclub.

neimad and Tir Na Nog like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.