• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Monchi Targeted for Technical Director Role

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gursha

Or maybe the technical role at Arsenal is a poisoned chalice. First Mislintat left after a short stint. And now Monchi who according to reports was a sure thing, has now made a U-turn as big as the Maracana stadium.

I actually didnt look at this that way....

And you are right... who wouldve prefered sevilla over Arsenal? lets be honest?

Maybe the conditions of work presented to him were so absurd to a top level DoF he just refused to come and work in conditions that will lead to a failure without his ability to influence.

Kinda worrying when thinking about it... thats pretty much what happened with Sven...

all speculation... but still... sad to see Egos ruining good decisions and top level candidates...
Ivan leaving just left chaos in the backroom with every shark now wants to feast and get as much power as he can. going all in for himself, just in the case it will work, rather than just work together and share the credit with higher percentage of success chance...

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Or maybe the technical role at Arsenal is a poisoned chalice. First Mislintat left after a short stint. And now Monchi who according to reports was a sure thing, has now made a U-turn as big as the Maracana stadium.

Since Arsenal has never actually had a technical director it would seem unlikely. Mislintat was head of recruitment, which is not the same job (chances are that someone will be hired to replace Sven once Arsenal's first-ever technical director is in place). And Monchi, as well as some of the more reputable media outlets, said he would consider his future. Arsenal was presumed the most likely destination until the Sevilla thing opened up on the heels of their unceremonious exit from the Europa League, but it was never a sure thing. Anyone who thought that was reading too much into it (which is why I said "presumably Monchi" several times in this thread when discussing it).

I actually didnt look at this that way....

And you are right... who wouldve prefered sevilla over Arsenal? lets be honest?

Maybe the conditions of work presented to him were so absurd to a top level DoF he just refused to come and work in conditions that will lead to a failure without his ability to influence.

Kinda worrying when thinking about it... thats pretty much what happened with Sven...

all speculation... but still... sad to see Egos ruining good decisions and top level candidates...
Ivan leaving just left chaos in the backroom with every shark now wants to feast and get as much power as he can. going all in for himself, just in the case it will work, rather than just work together and share the credit with higher percentage of success chance...

Yup thats what i m thinking. Picking Sevilla over Arsenal is weird and not particularly ambitious, especially since hes already worked there. And these guys arent just your run of the mill random guys, they are the very best at what they do and yet they want to work everywhere else but at Arsenal.

Smail

*Phone rings*
Raul: hello, arsenal football club
Monchi: i want to work with you
Raul: great! You're welcome.
Monchi: whats my budget for transfers
Raul: well, euh, you will get a whopping 40 mil, in addition to sales you can make.
*monchi hangs up*

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Overmars has better recent record than monchi...
De Ligt prob the best CB potential in the world.
Frankie De Jong.
Ziyech.
Tagliafico
Dolberg

Huge potential at ajax atm....

I actually prefer overmars if he can find this kind of talent...

The monchi finds i saw are actually not from his recent days if im not wrong...
Tbf De Ligt has been at Ajax since he was 9 years old and Ziyech was the best player in the eredivisie before Ajax signed him. The other ones yeah, a lot of credit goes to Overmars.

Since Arsenal has never actually had a technical director it would seem unlikely. Mislintat was head of recruitment, which is not the same job (chances are that someone will be hired to replace Sven once Arsenal's first-ever technical director is in place). And Monchi, as well as some of the more reputable media outlets, said he would consider his future. Arsenal was presumed the most likely destination until the Sevilla thing opened up on the heels of their unceremonious exit from the Europa League, but it was never a sure thing. Anyone who thought that was reading too much into it (which is why I said "presumably Monchi" several times in this thread when discussing it).

But there is no doubt, sure thing or not that Arsenal was interested and had talks with him. Yet it looks like Its Sevilla over Arsenal for him. Why is that ?

Also because Arsenal have never had a technical director role before perhaps the way the new role has been designed doesn't really suit incoming technical directors ? Too little money for player investments ?

Also head of recruitment isnt that different from technical director. Similar roles, dont be fooled by technicalities.

Thats why Sven wanted a promotion, he knew his job wasnt that different from the one the technical director will be doing.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Might make more sense to appoint the CEO or Ivan replacement before the Technical Director.

Must be an odd dynamic Raul approaching these guys especially Monchi when they know his previous roles at Barcelona.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom