• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul's Transfer Targets: Summer 2019

• Thread starter Aevi
  • Start date
  • Replies 13,667
  • Views 1,470,129

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Better than Leno who has been beyond underwhelming this season! We would do well do at our mistake as soon as season later and fix it for next season!

Malky

Established Member
Better than Leno who has been beyond underwhelming this season! We would do well do at our mistake as soon as season later and fix it for next season!
We've spent the past few seasons with a rapidly declining Cech in goal, and you think Leno at £17M has been " beyond underwhelming " in his first season?

TornadoTed

Established Member
I would be delighted with Pope for £10m. We are losing 3 home grown players in Welbeck, Jenkinson and Ramsey, most likely another if Chambers leaves so it makes a lot of sense.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Seen Adams a little bit, big, quick, strong, holds it up well, strong shot. Has the basics.

Our striker situation is weird because on paper we have two good strikers and a talented young striker but in reality I feel we need another addition as both of our main guys are seriously lacking in some departments.

Auba has disappointed in his overall play despite his scoring this season. Lacazette seems to have put his previous injuries to bed, which is good.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Only will take Che Adams because his name great name. we need to replace welbeck so any decent striker will do specially if he is young we have tow elite strikers not worried about that position

Harsh. Even De Gea would have conceded close to his numbers with the number of chances our defence gives

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Would be very happy with Nick pope as a Cech replacement; hope that the rumour is true. Leno has been underwhelming, but it has been a promising first season. I think he'll learn a lot from this season.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I'll be happy with Pope, solid backup & challenger for the top spot, still, why don't we just save money & give Martinez that role for a change? If I was Martinez I'd just want out by now I'd say if I can be #1 somewhere else.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I'll be happy with Pope, solid backup & challenger for the top spot, still, why don't we just save money & give Martinez that role for a change? If I was Martinez I'd just want out by now I'd say if I can be #1 somewhere else.

I think we are in the minority who rate Martinez. He's good, but not sure he pushes Leno enough. Pope has aspirations of being number one for his country as I'm sure Leno does and having the 2 in competition would be healthy. Martinez doesn't pose the same threat and should leave.

Bergkamp1988

I've only been on this forum for a year so I don't know what has been said here about Alexis in the past. I see that he's become a bit of a joke to some people.

My quick opinion on his last months at our club. I think he wasn't as good because he wanted out, because he had given everything for a few years and that got him nothing. (FA cups..). He felt the loser mentality at the club and left for the same reasons as Van Persie.

He was our best player since RVP, I was so ****ing gutted when he left. Even in his last "bad months" he gave more on the pitch and had more balls then most of our mediocre players.

I'd have happily paid 30M last summer to get him back. He's a beautiful ****ing player, great passer, goal Scorer, a real god damn fighter and we should've kept him until he's 34 and limping. Should've become an arsenal legend.

Hey but it's cool guys. .. Iwobi has his spot now, so we'll be fine.

I'd take a one legged 34 year old Alexis over Iwobi or even Mkhi any day.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I think we are in the minority who rate Martinez. He's good, but not sure he pushes Leno enough. Pope has aspirations of being number one for his country as I'm sure Leno does and having the 2 in competition would be healthy. Martinez doesn't pose the same threat and should leave.

I rate Martinez, I think he’s extremely underrated. He’s pulling off worldy saves every week.

He’s a similar type to Pope, big and gangly who fills up the goal and has top reactions. I honestly believe that he could challenge Leno.

I like Pope but there’s not many advantages in signing him over Emi, especially when we have such a tight budget.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
I rate Martinez, I think he’s extremely underrated. He’s pulling off worldy saves every week.

He’s a similar type to Pope, big and gangly who fills up the goal and has top reactions. I honestly believe that he could challenge Leno.

I like Pope but there’s not many advantages in signing him over Emi, especially when we have such a tight budget.
Emi is a very good shot stopper but his kicking is a weakness according to Reading fans. Put his defence under pressure a few times by passing straight to the opposition or scuffs them into touch

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Emi is a very good shot stopper but his kicking is a weakness according to Reading fans. Put his defence under pressure a few times by passing straight to the opposition or scuffs them into touch

Yeah as @Aevius says Pope’s fatal flaw is distribution. It’s not that much of a big deal at Burnley as they don’t mind surrendering possession but it’d be noticeable for us.

scytheavatar

Established Member
We've spent the past few seasons with a rapidly declining Cech in goal, and you think Leno at £17M has been " beyond underwhelming " in his first season?

He's a sidegrade from past it Cech, better than Cech in many areas but worse than him too in other areas. His decision making and ability in the air does not inspire much confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom