• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Monreal: Nacho 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

ARSNLNO1

Another excellent performance, Nacho should certianly be kept next season as he will be an extremely valuable squad player. But his legs are going, he's getting slower and has only been performing well this last quarter of the season. I think the new formation is taking some of the burden off the defense. I just hope after his latest performances Wenger doesn't pull out of the Kolasinac deal.

Another excellent performance, Nacho should certianly be kept next season as he will be an extremely valuable squad player. But his legs are going, he's getting slower and has only been performing well this last quarter of the season. I think the new formation is taking some of the burden off the defense. I just hope after his latest performances Wenger doesn't pull out of the Kolasinac deal.
I'm not sure about the legs going - but he's in a run of form which we need.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Admin
C-bMK0EW0AIInB3.jpg

What the ****? :lol:

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Deserves more praise then he is getting. I guess he is at that age, and position he plays at, that makes people take jim for granted and concentrate on other, flashier players.
I believe playing 3 at the back helps him a lot. At his age and experience it seams perfectly natural to start playing as CB, snce he has skills to do so. His first touch is perfect, probably best at the club. Has great engine, concentration and determination, always fully focused and ready to give his absolute all.
Before we switched to back 3 I was feeling bit down cause I thought it's his last season as a starter here, maybe even at the club. Felt bad cause he obviously has lot more to offer but needed a little adjustment.
Hopefully he stays now and we stick to 3 man defense where he can dominate as ball playing left CB.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Deserves more praise then he is getting. I guess he is at that age, and position he plays at, that makes people take jim for granted and concentrate on other, flashier players.
I believe playing 3 at the back helps him a lot. At his age and experience it seams perfectly natural to start playing as CB, snce he has skills to do so. His first touch is perfect, probably best at the club. Has great engine, concentration and determination, always fully focused and ready to give his absolute all.
Before we switched to back 3 I was feeling bit down cause I thought it's his last season as a starter here, maybe even at the club. Felt bad cause he obviously has lot more to offer but needed a little adjustment.
Hopefully he stays now and we stick to 3 man defense where he can dominate as ball playing left CB.

Agree he deserves a lot more praise, he's been fantastic for a while now, our most consistent player.

Not sure playing in a back three is a good long term solution for him though. I'd prefer him as a left wing back. He may not have Gibbs' pace but he's better in just about every other department.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
I believe he is better as Left CB in 3 at the back then Lwb in same system. He is class and would do great both positions, but his skillset and age are screaming for him to play as CB. Lwb requires mich more running, even more then Lb in 4 at the back, which at his age is not something you want him to start doing now even more.
He is reliable, very smart and composed, on top of that his technique level is outstanding. With 3 at the back, its crucial to have somebody with such skills playing in defense.

carlito'sway

Established Member
I believe he is better as Left CB in 3 at the back then Lwb in same system. He is class and would do great both positions, but his skillset and age are screaming for him to play as CB. Lwb requires mich more running, even more then Lb in 4 at the back, which at his age is not something you want him to start doing now even more.
He is reliable, very smart and composed, on top of that his technique level is outstanding. With 3 at the back, its crucial to have somebody with such skills playing in defense.

Nacho does not get the praise he deserves indeed. Consummate pro and always giving 100% on the pitch. I hope he sticks around. The dude can play LB as well as CB in a back 3 configuration. Great character as well.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Admin
The LWB role has introduced us to a new Monreal, I'm actually starting to be a little disappointed we're signing Kolasinac :eek:ops:

He's now able to make runs he couldn't before which has led him to score a goal, cause another through a deflection, and hit the bar today. He's also been more involved in the buildup (and has an important cog in it), and he's been great defensively with the extra CB putting less pressure on him. There is no question for me now, that Gibbs is the one that must go.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
The LWB role has introduced us to a new Monreal, I'm actually starting to be a little disappointed we're signing Kolasinac :eek:ops:

He's now able to make runs he couldn't before which has led him to score a goal, cause another through a deflection, and hit the bar today. He's also been more involved in the buildup (and has an important cog in it), and he's been great defensively with the extra CB putting less pressure on him. There is no question for me now, that Gibbs is the one that must go.
I'd add to this that although he doesn't look as if he's the type to wear his heart on his sleeve, on the pitch his passion and emotion is there for all to see, and I love him for it

samshere

Why so serieuse?

He makes brilliant off the ball runs. As a LB he was too far behind to affect the play, but as a wingback his knack of knowing when to go ahead and when to stay behind puts him in very dangerous positions frequently. Also, Özil has a peach of an inswinging left cross, its only now that there's a recipient there to take it.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
He's really been fantastic in the past weeks. Strangely enough I also like him as a CB in this new formation. When he eventually regresses physically he can still be a decent backup at CB.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
He's really been fantastic in the past weeks. Strangely enough I also like him as a CB in this new formation. When he eventually regresses physically he can still be a decent backup at CB.
Agreed. I think for this new system you want a LWB with more pace and power than Nacho has but I think he has tremendous value backing up both LB and CB and maybe even starting at CB in Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom