• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Monreal: Nacho 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I disliked him first and still don't rate him.

can't hype a player after one great game ffs

and you can't expect a player to play over his level constantly

his level is decent, and his strenght was/is that he was dependable to perform equally decent

but his level is not great enough for me to rate him

Hey at least you're keep the same energy and not flip flopping. I think he's been our best defender for a few years now.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Hey at least you're keep the same energy and not flip flopping. I think he's been our best defender for a few years now.

Most even perhaps

but say we have one man at the back

Messi or Ronaldo gets the ball at the midline
our defender is standing in our penalty box

surely you wouldn't pick Monreal to stop him?

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
9KJAjxo.jpg

YeahBee=Paul Merson...?

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
9KJAjxo.jpg

YeahBee=Paul Merson...?
"How are you every going to win the Premier League with Nacho Monreal playing in a back three? Please tell me?", said Merson.

Can only assume he's still looking through his beer goggles. Never ceases to amaze me what people see on a football field.

Nacho, one of the best pros in the EPL. Hardly ever has a bad game.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Most even perhaps

but say we have one man at the back

Messi or Ronaldo gets the ball at the midline
our defender is standing in our penalty box

surely you wouldn't pick Monreal to stop him?

Sure, why not? They'd probably score vs whomever they were up against anyway.

pikey2000

To be fair didnt he say this when we were at the very start of the season and we were trotting Monreal out at the centre of a back 3? Which in that context he was entirely correct, we shouldnt have allowed ourselves to get into a position where we had to rely on Monreal at the centre of a back 3 and it was a complete shambles and he was terrible in the centre along with the other CB's during that time.

He's been excellent as the left centre back but i never want to see him at the centre again, 100% with Mers and anyone else of that opinion

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
"How are you every going to win the Premier League with Nacho Monreal playing in a back three? Please tell me?", said Merson.

Can only assume he's still looking through his beer goggles. Never ceases to amaze me what people see on a football field.

Nacho, one of the best pros in the EPL. Hardly ever has a bad game.
Did he really say that?

Giroud

Established Member
Monreal has been our best defender for years. Whether it has been at left back or centre half, he's been outstanding.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
To be fair didnt he say this when we were at the very start of the season and we were trotting Monreal out at the centre of a back 3? Which in that context he was entirely correct, we shouldnt have allowed ourselves to get into a position where we had to rely on Monreal at the centre of a back 3 and it was a complete shambles and he was terrible in the centre along with the other CB's during that time.

He's been excellent as the left centre back but i never want to see him at the centre again, 100% with Mers and anyone else of that opinion
He said it before the Chelsea match.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

He’s low key been our best performer this season - sad considering all the goals we have conceded.

Was at fault for Everton’s 2nd though I’m sorry :lol:

Just clear the ball please, Cech could have reacted better but still. Concentration took a dip I guess was 90-something minutes at that point?

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Merson is a twit as well. Don’t get me wrong I was a fan in his playing days and I’m all for sh*tting on Arsenal at every opportunity just as much as the next guy.

The guys just bitter however for whatever reason. Claims he’s a Chelsea fan as well *rolls eyes* and a lot of his comments are ridiculous really especially when he starts talking about transfer market.

In any case it’s not his thread- it’s all about our Nacho- great player and has grown into one of the leaders in the side for sure.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
To be fair to Merson, believe it or not there was a time when Monreal was a walking disaster, so my guess is he probably came out with that at around that time. Let's not erase the past for the chance to kick Merse up the bollocks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom