Monreal: A Nacho Man Rennaisance

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by OnlyOne, Oct 4, 2015.

1. tcahill

tcahill Well-Known Member

Monreal has got LCB covered for another season or two at least. He's had few injury problems as far as I know, and only seems to be getting better with age. However he's not a traditional CB in a back 2, Wenger needs to remember that.

Ideally we'd sign Gimenez or De Vrij for free, loan out Holding, keep Chambers as a backup.

Kos is great but he only has another 1-2 seasons in him, and can't be relied upon for playing more than one game per week. Holding needs a loan to get some first team experience.

carlito'sway likes this.
  2. dashsnow17

dashsnow17 Well-Known Member

Obviously for now we should just enjoy Nacho at this stage of his career. Back when we has 24/25 I doubt anyone would pick him to be a future CB for a top club. It's surely a lesson in the value of patience and experience over youthful potential. As fans, and i'm guilty of it too, we often want a player for what he could become instead of one who's already matured.

3. dashsnow17

dashsnow17 Well-Known Member

Holding does need regular minutes I agree.

De Vrij i'm guessing hasn't signed a new contract because he's aiming for a bigger club. I've not seen him play so I can't be sure he'd be a solution, but people do say good things about him.

Gimenez though, why is his contract running down? Atletico under Simeone is surely a perfect environment to play as a defender. Is it because Atleti don't fancy him?

I'd still class Mustafi as a young CB, which means we have a few young CBs. Wouldn't it be more sensible to go for a bona fide experienced CB?

4. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Closet Spurs Fan

#Baller #Donreal

MaraDon, DasBootist and Camron like this.
  5. al-Ustaadh

al-Ustaadh Professor of Twitter

I'm just going to leave this here after that 30 minute performance.

[​IMG]

carlito'sway likes this.
  6. Mrs Bergkamp

Mrs Bergkamp Well-Known Member

I've missed this guy. Wish he (and Santi) was five years younger.

carlito'sway and al-Ustaadh like this.
  7. carlito'sway

carlito'sway Well-Known Member

Watching the highlights....The Nacho Man is involved in the first 3 goals. We really missed him. Hope he is not seriously injured again! What a player.

Marmaduke and Mrs Bergkamp like this.
  8. krengon

krengon Well-Known Member Trusted

9. Aevius

Aevius #PlayAMNInMidfield Moderator

He truly deserves a spot in the World Cup team, he's been incredible the past few seasons.

10. THunter

THunter Are you not entertained? Trusted

Showed that mug Azpiliqueta who the real basque man is.

Absolute Maldini this guy.

11. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog Every Little Thing Is Gonna Be Alright Trusted

Doubt this man again, I ****ing dare yous.

carlito'sway likes this.
  12. Camron

Camron Well-Known Member

I hope he gets recognition at the World Cup. Guy is a soldier.

THunter likes this.
  13. al-Ustaadh

al-Ustaadh Professor of Twitter

14. nick gould

nick gould Well-Known Member

Legend, let’s commission his statue at the Emirates.

MaraDon and blaze_of_glory like this.
  15. Impact

Impact Well-Known Member

This lad has huge cojones.

16. Mrs Bergkamp

Mrs Bergkamp Well-Known Member

I live this guy. I was hopeful when he joined in spite of his early struggles. He's gone ftlm strength to strength sincing nailing down a starting spot. We should use him to get Laporte from Bilbao before City final use that deal.

17. Taylor Gang Gunners

Taylor Gang Gunners Shame is a dish best served cold Trusted

18. Jojoba

Jojoba Active Member

Have always said MONREAL is our most consistent defender.. He only looks terrible when the whole team is defending like zombies, where the wide / wingers don't help him out and he has to defend against 2 players. But one on one his mind is very sharp..

19. El Duderino

El Duderino AM Photoshop Expert

Up there along with Sagna in the sort of under the radar signing Wenger was a master of pulling.

One of my faves, wish he was younger.

NieThePiet, samshere, MaraDon and 3 others like this.
  20. Brown Gooner

Brown Gooner Well-Known Member

Outstanding performance by Nacho today. He was tremendous for Arsenal. Hope he can maintain the consistency and keeps up the good work!