• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Monreal: Nacho 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

RUS arsenal

Established Member
Such a complete player and the best thing about him is his composure on the pass/cross in the final 3rd, 2nd only to Özil in our team probably. Certainly my favorite Arsenal player at the moment along with Coquelin. It is a nice feeling when the players you support pan out...

Last edited:

Gooner_Stu

Established Member
And that hes getting the LB spot cemented, rather than being played every other game has helped. Having him and Bellerín play is a nice contrast for the defence and attack, they just seem to work.

Hes also underrated by everyone else too, which is a shame for him.

TheLoneFalcon

Cake Addict
I doubt he would want to come.
image.jpg

Pretty sure he's about to there.

Goon_si

Wenger is still beasting it when signing those less known defenders out of nowhere. Koscielny, Monreal, Gabriel are all massively outplaying their price tags, Bellerin is a soon to be rated world class right back and we got him for penauts, Per did well here given his limitations, even Jenkinson who seemed like a lost cause has improved immensely. Absolutely fantastic. When you look at the money spent on our defense and what we get out of it, incredible.

Cech
Bellerin - Gabriel - Koscielny - Monreal
Coquelin

Those 6 players give me enormous belief that our team can compete for the Premier League title. I love a strong defensive unit, it's what wins championships, attack wins games. :)
To have Debuchy, Chambers, Mertesacker, Gibbs, Ospina on the bench to rotate in defense is also superb depth. Now if only we had one more midfielder capable of replacing Coquelin if needed.

Hats of to Nacho though, what a player.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
You have to give Wenger credit for this. He looked decent at best when we signed him and he's developed so much over the last couple of year's. The fact that Gibbs offers no competition has certainly helped him settle in. He's turned out to be a great signing now.

To a degree although he was one of the best LBs in La Liga when he signed, he's just taken a while to adapt and Wenger's developed his game too I'd imagine.

haha_arsenal

before Nacho, Wenger had failed with LBs
Clichy
Gibbs
Andre Santos

CBs were not as great neither
Gallas
Vermaelen
Squillaci
Sylvestre
Djourou
Cenderos

I'm really glad he has sorted things out and be able to send this defense into games
Cech
Bellerin - Gabriel - Koscielny - Monreal
Coquelin

Rosi7

And that hes getting the LB spot cemented, rather than being played every other game has helped. Having him and Bellerín play is a nice contrast for the defence and attack, they just seem to work.

Hes also underrated by everyone else too, which is a shame for him.
Very true, good point. Difficult for any player to be in full flow when they are in and out of the side.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
CBs were not as great neither
Gallas
Vermaelen
Djourou
Senderos
4 very good defenders, specially TV5, he was world class when fit.

But i can see how Bould work is finally paying off, its evident that the guy knows his **** and that Arsène listens to him, Im certain that coquelin was Bould suggestion.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Coquelin wasn't anyone's suggestion, we were down to barebones and needed a midfielder so we recalled him. It really wasn't some masterstroke, just luck. He'd have never been recalled if it wasn't for injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom