• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Monreal: Nacho 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Amazing how many of these type of signings Wenger is able to pull off, at the time he was a guy on no other top club's radar for a relatively low price but Wenger took a chance and got rewarded for it. Similar with guys like Koscielny, Mertesacker and Giroud, all in their mid-20's who Wenger say potential in while many would have assumed they wouldn't have been able to make the step up.

In saying that it seems like it's been a while since we've made these type of signings consistently, maybe you could say it for Kolasinac and hopefully it's a sign that we'll be going back to these type of signings and less of the statDNA types.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Excellent player and terrific pro. Hope he plays here until he`s 35. Not that it mattered much but I mostly blame Cech for the second goal. Yes it was a sloppy pass from Nacho but Cech first hesitated and then didn't challenge with enough force.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Excellent player and terrific pro. Hope he plays here until he`s 35. Not that it mattered much but I mostly blame Cech for the second goal. Yes it was a sloppy pass from Nacho but Cech first hesitated and then didn't challenge with enough force.

Pass wasn't even that sloppy really. I'm willing to absolve Nacho of any blame for that goal. Cech should've came toward the ball, and even after getting there he tried what looked like a nutmeg on Niasse.

****ing love Nacho. Proper fan favourite now this man, and rightfully so. It's like he saw Azpilicueta's goal for Chelski yesterday and thought "Yeah? Watch this then.."

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I love Nacho and Cech should have dealt with that better, but defo Nacho fault :lol:

Just boot it, even a throw in would have been better -but he got caught napping on the ball a bit too close to goal and did a shoddy pass back after taking too long.
After years of being at Chelsea that was prob the last thing Cech expected as well.

You guys can say what you want but most natural cbs up and down the league would have booted that in stoppage time.

there was no need for Monreal to pass back. Then he taps the ball leaving Cech to hope the ball would be hit wide or straight at him.... as he got close he knew contact would be a pen. What's a keeper supposed to do?

Taylor Gang Gunners

Trusted ⭐
there was no need for Monreal to pass back. Then he taps the ball leaving Cech to hope the ball would be hit wide or straight at him.... as he got close he knew contact would be a pen. What's a keeper supposed to do?

The pass was slightly under hit, but Cech was away with the fairies.

A. He should've came toward the ball.
B. Having got there, **** knows why he's trying to take a touch there. Just put your foot through it.

Poor game from Cech. He dawdled in the first half and was closed down by Calvert-Lewin, still didn't learn his lesson.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

B. Having got there, **** knows why he's trying to take a touch there. Just put your foot through it.

Poor game from Cech. He dawdled in the first half and was closed down by Calvert-Lewin, still didn't learn his lesson.
:lol: The pass was woefully under hit considering the guy closing was on the move. Why take chances? Just hit it firmly to Cech and there's no problem. Monreal knows Cech isn't 22 years old! Cech gets to the ball at the same time the striker does, maybe a fraction before, but he cant smash that in case it rebounds off him into the net. The pass was rubbish.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse

If you look back you see Cech shielding his eyes from the sun - I don't think he saw the ball until too late. Still WTF were we doing there - only Arsenal to rass.

Actually looking at it again he was looking at Koz and then suddenly the ball is played in by Monreal. TBH, BOTH could have done better. I wonder if the game was tied up at 1-1 or we were leading by 1 goal whether Cech would have cleared the ball into row Z

Last edited:

Taylor Gang Gunners

Trusted ⭐
:lol: The pass was woefully under hit considering the guy closing was on the move. Why take chances? Just hit it firmly to Cech and there's no problem. Monreal knows Cech isn't 22 years old! Cech gets to the ball at the same time the striker does, maybe a fraction before, but he cant smash that in case it rebounds off him into the net. The pass was rubbish.

There wasn't even a need to go back to Cech thinking about it. Such an avoidable goal. Might be being harsh but I still reckon Cech has to shoulder the majority of the blame, maybe not all.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
There wasn't even a need to go back to Cech thinking about it. Such an avoidable goal. Might be being harsh but I still reckon Cech has to shoulder the majority of the blame, maybe not all.
You've got it in for Cech you swine. I'll be monitoring your posts in this thread from now on.:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom