• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Monreal: Nacho 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
I mean, I love the man, but what kind of knee-jerk is this? Kolasinac had basically missed the entire season, playing only one game in months, then comes back vs. Liverpool, starts badly but shakes it off and becomes decisive in his contribution up front, then has a bad game vs. Wolves but with our entire team playing badly, and still gets involved and contributes a lot to the best chances we create offensively, including our goal. And we miss Nacho already? Come on, guys.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Wouldn’t be good news if it means we’re not looking for a LB in the summer. I like Monreal as much as the next guy, but we need fresh legs at both LB and RB to suit Emery’s system.

Gunner140

I think that Nacho isn't the problem. We need a CB a lot more than RB, or LB. I think that a proper center back would solve most of Arsenal's problems in defense.

Impact

Established Member
Okay with the extension if it means moving on Sead Kolašinac for a new left-back this summer. Sanllehi has stressed the importance of building the squad efficiently so it would seem sensible that the club are keeping Nacho for an extra year as a deputy than the more expensive Sead.

teamsoutheast

The decision to extend for another year makes sense. This gives the club enough time to properly look for a long term replacement for him and prioritise on the positons we need (technically creative central midfielder and winger). He's a solid left back who has been very consistent since we bought him.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Monreal and Kos have been two top servants to this club, not a bad word to say about them. Now they're getting on and I sort of think the best thing for the club and actually the best thing for the players would be to go back and wind down their careers in their home countries. Another season for each would be a stretch too far I imagine, no need to taint good memories.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I wish Nacho was 10 years younger. Absolutely love him, such an inteligent player, and his control is second to none.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom