Monreal: Nacho 2020

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by OnlyOne, Oct 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ricardinho

Ricardinho La Liga Correspondent

He's desperate for his boys to be a success here.

carlito'sway and Mark Tobias like this.
  2. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

Yup, the rhetoric keeps changing everytim these same players let him down.

3. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Laca Respect for Alexandre

He always relies on pace and power, but has no stamina to consistently do it. He's almost dying at the end of every game and even threw up a few times. Very brutish player.

4. carlito'sway

carlito'sway Established Member

No surprise though, considering the source....:lol:

Makingtrax and Mark Tobias like this.
  5. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

I will admit though, Xhaka had a better season than we've seen. Still not as elite as his fanboys make him out to be but he isn't a major cause for concern other than the fact that he is still a starter:lol:

krackpot and Dutch D like this.
  6. carlito'sway

carlito'sway Established Member

If I had to choose, no question I would keep Xhaka over Kola. Sead is such a mediocre player.

krackpot and Mark Tobias like this.
  7. Makingtrax

Makingtrax Policing Emery's English Skills

Agreed but Xhaka is still not consistent. This is a problem we have that really needs addressing. @Trilly summed it up when he said players like Henderson and Milner may not be stars but they grind out 7/10 consistently.

Montreal at LB (not CB) has been Mr Consistent for years. But a lot of our team flip flop between 9 and 2/10. It’s OK if forwards put themselves in good positions and sometimes have off days by missing the target but your defenders and midfield in particular need to be solid almost every game.

8. YeahBee

YeahBee Terrible hot takes

Even if we take your stance as the truth it makes my point even more ffs

Monreal is worse than trash

Song was great for us

Verms got destroyed by injuries

Maybe likes this.
  9. Ricardinho

Rumours that the nacho man has had his contract terminated. If this is the end of his stay here then thanks and good luck.

10. GoonerJeeves

GoonerJeeves Up The Terriers

That sounds unlikely to me. What is the source of this rumour?

11. YeahBee

YeahBee Terrible hot takes

12. Tourbillion

Tourbillion Angry 24/7

Would rather the clumsy tractor leaves and have Nacho as back up to KT3.

13. Toby Andrl

Toby Andrl Part Time Stuttgart Fan Trusted

Really flip flop on that.

On one hand, Kolasinac is already here and on a long term contract - with a too high salary but anyway. He's fairly young but not a talent in need of game time anymore, so he's basically a ready made backup who theoretically can come in and do a job instantly - and he should be able to do that once a month or so. A Tierney/Kolasinac duo at leftback would be a longterm quality solution and actually wouldn't warrant opening a construction side imo.

On the other hand Kolasinac - due to his long contract, good age profile, sought after position - is someone the club could make good money off this summer. You stick with the reliable Nacho for another year, then add a young talent from e.g. the Championship for 10m or under.

Though, I think with Kola we could run into similar problems like with Mustafi anyway: rather high wages and streaky performances - although I wouldn't deem Kola as catastrophic as Shkodran. Really wouldn't want to sell the leftback for anything less than 20m but I can see clubs coming in with loan + option to buy suggestions, which wouldn't help Arsenal this sumere anyway.

14. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Unless we are selling kola there no news to extend Nacho contract the guy in rapid decline

15. Ricardinho

From released rumour yesterday to a possible new two year deal today :drool:

16. Tourbillion

Tourbillion Angry 24/7

So if Tierney comes... WTF? Kola off?

17. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Probably or Monreal just will be using as cover CB

18. Tourbillion

Tourbillion Angry 24/7

That's disgusting!

Sanis and Vinci like this.
  19. TakeChillPill

TakeChillPill Well-Known Member

Happy for Monreal to sign as long as he is a backup to Tierney. He can play in a back four back 3 or back 5. which is great for Emery, as he likes to switch up tactics.

Kola, is very limited, basically can only play as a wingback. Again he's on astronomical wages for a fullback, so I hope we can sell him for £8m- £12m to get him off ou books.

He should really be going for around £20m-25m but with his wages, only Clubs with a huge financial muscle would be able to pay that fee and his wages.

Mrs Bergkamp likes this.
  20. Vinci

Vinci The Sultan of Unai

Blame Wenger!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.