Monreal: Nacho 2020

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by OnlyOne, Oct 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ricardinho

Ricardinho La Liga Correspondent

Kola sold. Monreal as back up for year or two until Joel Lopez is hopefully ready to step up to challenge Tierney.

2. Aussie_gunner123

Aussie_gunner123 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be fussed at all if he has just signed another short contract, he is a solid experienced veteran as they are called now, he can fill in anywhere in the back line really apart from the right side, lb or cb you'd probably say. He's been a pretty solid player for us over all the years aswell.

3. YeahBee

YeahBee Terrible hot takes

We have too many cover cbs!

4. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

i know but we likely to sell Kosh Mustafi Chambers so he'll used there or just LB backup in case we sell Kola.

5. YeahBee

[​IMG]

Toby Andrl likes this.
  6. YeahBee

If you can play wb you can play lb

Not all LBs can play wb

What he brings is what we are lacking

Those of you who cant see it drank too much wenger-aid

7. YeahBee

We still have Sok, holding, mavro and possibly saliba and need a quality proven cb to!

8. Ricardinho

Backup for CB and LB with kola and others likely to go.

9. Divided_Pie

Divided_Pie Well-Known Member

Disagree

The whole reason Emery went 3 at the back is because he didn't trust Kola and AMN in a back four.

Much rather have Monreal backing up KT than Kola - less of a liability defensively, more versatility, and doesn't have a huge long-term contract.

10. StefanB

StefanB Well-Known Member

Lets just say that with both Kolasinac and Niles as fullbacks in a back 4, you're screwed defensively unless you completely dominate the game.

You can survive if you have a more balanced defense/offense. Let's say Bellerin on one side, and Kolasinac on the other. Bellerin is defensively sound, while Kolasinac is good offensively. The same will be true for Tierney on the left, and Niles on the right (even tho I still wanna see AMN play in the middle of the park).

Playing Niles and Kolasinac together tho is suicide. So is Monreal & Niles aswell, because Monreal has become quite the liability at defending.. sadly Lichsteiner was a calamity aswell, think Emery was trying to get him as a solid defensive addition that just didn't work out at all.

11. Red London

Red London Well-Known Member

Have you watched Kola at LB before? He's Championship level there.

thierrytheking14 likes this.
  12. YeahBee

I think he went 3atb because Mustafi kept being mustafi

Only Xhaka/Torreira were solid in Cm but they got no help from The attackers bar perhaps Laca and iwobi

When Guendouzi played it was a mess to

13. Maybe

Maybe Well-Known Member

With this deal, we are on our way to become a mid table team. It's not because Monreal will be to blame, it's because the club is still accepting weak mentality. Monreal doesn't bring anything to the table anymore, even when you consider him as a backup we're going to be in a serious problem if we'll need him.
    The only thing that's not clear to me is, who will be our first choice LB?

Charity FC will make sure Nacho earns some more money before he retires, something we already did for Lich.

14. YeahBee

As bad as Licht was at times he still had some good to Great games and a a**hole attitude we needed

15. gingerpantman

gingerpantman New Member

The back 3 wasnt just because of defensive issues, It also gave the team width, Something that we wouldnt have due to the pure lack of natural wingers in the squad.

16. Ricardinho

I'll give you good games, but great?!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.