• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

nazo

Established Member
After some research, he's a DM apparently. More information about him is in the Sunu thread.

M+D

Established Member
I have been doing some "digging" on this Morgan Schneiderlin, and apparently he will probably sign for us today. I also know that he is the Under 18 French captain, plays in midfield, and has made either 2 or 4 appearances for Strasbourg this season (depending what stats you believe).
France Under-18 international midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin is being linked with a move to the Emirates Stadium

"I want to take a step up," the 17-year-old told the Dernieres Nouvelles d'Alsace newspaper.

"I've had an interesting offer from a higher profile club than Strasbourg.

"They offered me an interesting objective.

"I cannot say any more about it but I hope to finalise my transfer on Monday."

Copied this from my post in the Sunu thread.

gstew

He captained France U-18 against England 2 months ago. This was exactly two weeks after his 17th birthday.

It appears that we are only interested in DM's who are national team captains:

Denilson (Brazil U-19 captain)
Muamba (England U-19 captain)
Schneiderlin (France U-18 captain)

stiiphunn

Established Member

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
stiiphunn said:
He says that he's a very generous player. Other than that, there's nothing interesting as you said.
Brilliant, him buying the whole squad massive christmas presents will be great for morale.

Grampus_Eight

A warm welcome to him then.

We are a bit short of young central midfielders though:

1. Cesc
2. Diaby
4. Denilson
5. Song
6. Flamini
7. Muamba
8. Lansbury
9. Randall
10. Merida

Apologies to any I've forgotten. If this kid has some size and is a true DM, I guess he's got a shot, but otherwise it will be a hard road to displace Diaby and Denilson to backup/eventually play alongside Cesc.

stiiphunn

Established Member
kaids said:
stiiphunn said:
He says that he's a very generous player. Other than that, there's nothing interesting as you said.
Brilliant, him buying the whole squad massive christmas presents will be great for morale.

;) I've choosen the wrong word then. I meant he works very hard for the team. A bit like Flamini in the end.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
For what it's worth.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...lin-targetted-by-Arsenal-for-summer-deal.html
ARSENAL want Southampton midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin to replace the injury-prone Abou Diaby.

The Gunners are preparing a £10million bid for the Frenchman who signed a new Saints contract in February.

Manager Arsène Wenger has been monitoring Schneiderlin, 23, since the player moved to England for £1.2million from Strasbourg five years ago.

Read more: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4908168/Morgan-Schneiderlin-targetted-by-Arsenal-for-summer-deal.html#ixzz2Rwzw5GmE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... z2Rwzw5GmE</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I haven't really focused on his performance but there are quite a few articles about him.
For example: Morgan Schneiderlin's stats compared to Carrick, Dembele, Barry and Arteta
<a class="postlink" href="https://twitter.com/Sunny_AFC/status/314712042844090369" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://twitter.com/Sunny_AFC/status/314712042844090369</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Morgan Schneiderlin the unsung hero
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.eplindex.com/28374/morgan-schneiderlin-unsung-hero.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.eplindex.com/28374/morgan-sc ... -hero.html</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The reason I'm not too that this rumour has any legs is that he just signed a contract running up to 2017.
http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/...-schneiderlin-signs-new-southampton-deal.html

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan
Good job digging this old thread up :lol:

Every time I've seen him this year I've been impressed. Always plays with a lot of energy and is willing to get stuck in.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
His defensive stats are excellent but I'm guessing he sits deep and doesn't get up and down the pitch too much? He has the highest average number of interceptions per game and second highest average number of tackles per game in the whole of the PL.

His passing stats are pretty good for a team like Southampton too.

The only down side as I see it is he's not that tall and not that good in the air. Still I think he'd be a good ball winning midfield addition

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
ArsenesNO1Fan said:
His defensive stats are excellent but I'm guessing he sits deep and doesn't get up and down the pitch too much? His passing stats are pretty good for a team like Southampton too.

The only down side as I see it is he's not that tall and not that good in the air. Still I think he'd be a good ball winning midfield addition
He's actually 5ft 11" as compared to Arteta's 5ft 9" and the impression from reading about him that I get is that he can press very well. Plus he's scored 5 goals this season so he can get forward as I doubt he's their penalty taker ala Arteta. Essentially he'd be Arteta's understudy/replacement, same as the other DMs we're apparently scouting.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
kofigunner said:
ArsenesNO1Fan said:
His defensive stats are excellent but I'm guessing he sits deep and doesn't get up and down the pitch too much? His passing stats are pretty good for a team like Southampton too.

He's actually 5ft 11" as compared to Arteta's 5ft 9" and the impression from reading about him that I get is that he can press very well. Plus he's scored 5 goals this season so he can get forward as I doubt he's their penalty taker ala Arteta. Essentially he'd be Arteta's understudy/replacement, same as the other DMs we're apparently scouting.

Are you sure, I've seen Arteta as listed at 6'0. He could play alongside Arteta or Ramsey, all 3 rotating between those deeper midfield spots. Our pressing and ball winning would be excellent with him in the team, it's already good as it is, it's something Ramsey does very well so someone with a similar engine would see us win the ball back quicker and track back faster.

My only complaint is I'd like a 6'2 or 6'3 type guy who was good in the air. That's the only advantage of getting Capoue for me.

But yea Schneiderlin at 10 million sounds like an intelligent signing that would improve us

Floating

Established Member
Don't think Schneiderlin is much better than Ramsey, and doesn't have as high a ceiling either.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Floating said:
Don't think Schneiderlin is much better than Ramsey, and doesn't have as high a ceiling either.
I don't know a whole lot about Schneiderlin so you may well be right, but from what I see, it's a different role that they play. Ramsey cannot replace Arteta's role I would think. Aaron's more of a true CM and less of a DM as in being satisfied at sitting back more often.

@ArsenesNO1Fan
My only complaint is I'd like a 6'2 or 6'3 type guy who was good in the air. That's the only advantage of getting Capoue for me.
That I agree with, ideally we have a bigger stronger beast. On the other hand, during the Flamini years, we had a high octane pressing and harassing midfielder and we should have won the Prem. Kind of what Juve have done with Arturo Vidal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom