• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Moritz Volz

There is a Fulham website claiming that Wenger has promised to meet Volz this week to decide his future, with the clear implication that he might end up going there permanently. Anyone seen this anywhere else? Doesn't sound like good news to me if true

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
I don't think that too much should be read into this. Volz is a player that is at the 'first team squad' level, and I think it's the Wenger way to meet him now and discuss what happens after xmas. He had a meeting with Pennant a few weeks ago, and Volz is only a couple of miles away after all!

titi

I still believe Volz will be sold at some stage. Lauren is first choice RB and on a long term contract, Toure can be shifted to RB and be brillant as he has done at times this season and we have Justin Hoyte. Hence i don't see a future for Volz at highbury even if he has loads of potential and getting the experience he needs.

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
I still don't see Lauren as a right back. It doesn't seem natural to him, and I think the fact that he has to think about it impedes his play sometimes. But I'd keep him in the team. From the squad he'd probably be my first choice right midfield.

gypped

Yeah, I would put Lauren in mid, but I think theere are better choices, including Volz, Kolo, and Hoyte. Lauren is solid on the right wing though.

GoonerLuke

While many of us disagree as to who is our best option at right back. Can we at least all agree that it's nice to have an embarrassment of riches? :lol:

P.S. This board is a great procrastination tool. I have a 10 page research paper I've yet to start due tomorrow, and a tough exam I've yet to study for tomorrow. :cry:

JazzG

Established Member
Matt of the North Bank said:
There is a Fulham website claiming that Wenger has promised to meet Volz this week to decide his future, with the clear implication that he might end up going there permanently. Anyone seen this anywhere else? Doesn't sound like good news to me if true

They got their info from tribalfootball. nuff said really..........

Sammer

Established Member
If Wenger opens up a prospect for Moritz to get the chance to be in the 1st team squad in the future, he won´t go to Fulham.

Moritz has said many times, that he wants to play for Arsenal.....the only chance of him leaving is, if Wenger tells him, that he can´t see him making it into the 1st squad.

Adam

Established Member
Sammer said:
If Wenger opens up a prospect for Moritz to get the chance to be in the 1st team squad in the future, he won´t go to Fulham.

Moritz has said many times, that he wants to play for Arsenal.....the only chance of him leaving is, if Wenger tells him, that he can´t see him making it into the 1st squad.

And this is dependent on Hoyte's progress, Toure's starting position, Lauren's form, and the signing of a new CB (if it happens, which is looking unlikely). Senderos's potential may also force Toure out to RB (who looks like he has no equal when he plays there).

Latest posts

Top Bottom