• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Most boring season in the last 20 years?

Was this the most boring season in the past 20 years?

• Total voters

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
So... The season is almost over.
Lack of attendees in stadiums
PL top 4 gone by October.
The most exciting team being City, with no competition whatsoever.
Out of the FA Cup
Losing key games.

Signing of the season:
Either Bruno Fernandes, Soucek, or Doucoure
GK of the season: Emi Martinez
Manager of the season: David Moyes.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Bruno and Soucek signed in the 19/20 season. Has to be Ruben Dias for 20/21.
Bruno hasn’t been good anyway outside his productivity which has been mainly penalty related. Not as good a footballer as I thought he would be.

Doesn’t even start for Portugal I think.

Reactions: A_G

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Worst season I can remember. Last wasn't much better mind salvaged by the FA Cup. Nothing else before that absolutely comes close.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Arsenal have continued to decline. Poor players, poor football, old bums from rivals, mid table all season.

Kids aren’t growing up today across the world and supporting us like they did under Wenger.

Nearly every young player today speaks about watching Arsenal when growing up, that’s gone now. No French kid is sitting watching El Neny carry sand.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Don’t think Arsenal will ever recover from the 2015-onwards transfer market shenanigans. It takes some doing to spend so much money and go backwards at an incredible rate. Unless we get a new owner who’s hands on we won’t get back among the top four never mind the title.

We have nothing going for us over other clubs, absolutely nothing. Money? Half the league can outspend us. London? Chelsea run it. CL? No. Academy? Again, Chelsea’s is far better.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
It's been the worst since I've been watching us play. I'm too young for 94-95 but we where 12th so it has to be the worst since then. Not just in our results but it's the worst football I've seen us play in my time supporting us. There's been about 5 or 6 games worth watching from us and that's being kind. Saka, Tierney and latterly ESR have been the only bright spots.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Terrible season...would be funny if we won the Europa somehow though :lol:

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Worst season for me personally.

This season is confirmation for me about what we've become, midtable mediocrity in both mindset and performances. This despite having some quality at our disposal to challenge higher up.

Best thing for this club is for a change of ownership and a proper director of football to be appointed. Next, as a bonus, send Arteta packing and bring in someone with more experience.

As for Arteta, I think he has potential to be a good coach. I do think the job is too big for him at this stage, and I dont think he has enough support to get there in time.

Last edited:

mirrorstare

Season has been cool, lack of fans is not really a detriment they are just noise. Aside of players not having rest showing at times and City running away with the title because they have the most depth I've liked most of what I saw. Some midtable teams are really fun to watch, top 4 is still a race and the relegation fight somehow is still a thing, Sp**s are in their way to be **** once again... plenty of things to like. High chance PL teams feature in the later stages of European tournaments too, hope it doesn't happen but this might be City's year.

Is our season ****? of course, that's glaringly obvious, but we brought this on ourselves and we actually deserve worse given there is a considerable part of the fanbase that wants this crap to continue. I have no problem with a team like ours, that consistently played the least interesting and entertaining football for a good portion of the season, to get into a relegation fight if we continue with this project.

Squillaci

Worst season by far.
First half of the season is disasterclass and in second half we were too inconsistent. What made it worse is there were signs we are improving and with it came hope we are gonna get on a good run, only to **** it up immediately in now legendary Arsenal way.
We've been worst big club for a couple of years, but currently we are a mediocre club and it hurts.

Top Bottom