• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Most overrated Arsenal players

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I always thought Ramsey wrongly got the credit of soley winning us the FA cup final against Hull when in fact the players who contributed more was Cazorla (superb free kick that gave us the chance) and Wilshere and Rosicky (when these two came on we really took control of game and started to dominate them).

I'm no Koscielny fan but his equaliser was important.

I really don't get how we were 2-0 to Hull, we were much better and it showed once we stopped messing around. Imagine we lost that game? Would have been the worst ever result.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Arshavin had a similar effect to us to what Gervinho had. I'll explain. I feel like fans only look at the good moments of Arshavin and then only look at the bad moments of Gervinho. When in reality they're both closer to each other in terms of impact.

Get These Hands

Off of my purse !
I feel like I'm living in a parallel universe sometimes. I feel like I'm the only person that can see Özil's half-arsed, gash performances whilst everyone else is circle jerking at him doing a couple of flicks and 6 yard sideways passes in 90 minutes of football.

He's supposed to be a creator, but his assist tally for the last 2 years has been woeful.

Compare him to someone like David Silva or De Bruyne and you will see how someone on 350k a week is supposed to influence a game.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Arshavin had a similar effect to us to what Gervinho had. I'll explain. I feel like fans only look at the good moments of Arshavin and then only look at the bad moments of Gervinho. When in reality they're both closer to each other in terms of impact.
I actually kind of agree, Gervinho wasnt terrible. He was decently effective to begin with but then the pressure got to him and he lost his composure/confidence.

You can just tell sometimes when players live in their head; Mkhy is another example of that imo

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard

Arshavin was different level in particular in his first 3 seasons before his dramatic decline in standard. When we signed Arshavin in January his peformances till the end of that season were superb, completely terrified defences like I've not seen a player do in the league with exception of Henry.

I'm of the opinion that most on here only remeber how bad Arshavin was in his last couple seasons. Compare to say Kanu where most people only remeber how good he was in his first two seasons compared just how woeful was in his final 4 seasons with us.

Arshavin was also a big game player with goals against Pool, Utd ,Sp**s and Barcelona. The quality of the goals Arshavin scored was also excellent and at times he made something out of nothing.

Arshavin in the league

1 season
GP12 G6 A8

2nd season
GP30 G10 A3

3rd season
GP 37 G6 A12

Gervinho

1st season
GP28 G4 A5

2nd season
GP18 G5 A3

Last edited:

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

Gervinho was never that bad, I seriously believe people were extra harsh on him because he was ugly. His dribbling was some of the best you'd see, he just lacked end product and was a bit clumsy. But never bad enough to warrant the hate.

Get These Hands

Off of my purse !
Gervinho was great until he got in the final 3rd of the pitch. His decision making was atrocious and his finishing comical at times.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Our most overrated player then?

In our current squad I’m not sure. Maybe Partey , but been too long since I watched him play so I’m starting to forget

Rolling back some years? Ich spreche lieber nicht, wenn ich spreche, bin ich in großen Schwierigkeiten

Dennis10

Alexis Sanchez - Was never good enough to be the talisman of the team. Looked good with pace, technique and effort, but wanted to do too much by himself, and must have been horrible to play with.

Alex Song - Personified Wenger's greatest failure in his later years. Never saw the importance of having a DM with actual defensive 1 on 1 capabilities. Song could win duels, but if you came running at him, he would either be passed easily or foul you. Vieira and Gilberto were both excellent at defending players coming at them. Coquelin was the same, but was hardly rated as highly as Song.

Freddie Ljungberg - I admit he was a great fit back in the early 2000s. With Bergkamp, Pires and Henry doing all the heavy lifting in terms of creating, he could just bomb into the box at the right time and get goals. He was, however, a very good finisher when he didn't have time to think before shooting. Showed his lack quality of once Bergkamp and Pires were gone, and spent more time sitting down than doing anything productive in his last seasons.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Alexis Sanchez - Was never good enough to be the talisman of the team. Looked good with pace, technique and effort, but wanted to do too much by himself, and must have been horrible to play with.

Alex Song - Personified Wenger's greatest failure in his later years. Never saw the importance of having a DM with actual defensive 1 on 1 capabilities. Song could win duels, but if you came running at him, he would either be passed easily or foul you. Vieira and Gilberto were both excellent at defending players coming at them. Coquelin was the same, but was hardly rated as highly as Song.

Freddie Ljungberg - I admit he was a great fit back in the early 2000s. With Bergkamp, Pires and Henry doing all the heavy lifting in terms of creating, he could just bomb into the box at the right time and get goals. He was, however, a very good finisher when he didn't have time to think before shooting. Showed his lack quality of once Bergkamp and Pires were gone, and spent more time sitting down than doing anything productive in his last seasons.

Ummm.

Sanchez helped Chile win their only bits of silverware, you need players like him in a team.

While Freddie not being as good as Pires doesn't mean he was overrated, he was pretty much played slightly out of position his whole time here and still did brilliantly...when played in his correct role (on the left) he was our best player in the Double run in back in 2002.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

No Arsenal player has come even remotely close to Sanchez’ false 9 season since.

That’s numbers and talent wise.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

My boy overrated? Gtfo!! 🤣

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
No Arsenal player has come even remotely close to Sanchez’ false 9 season since.

That’s numbers and talent wise.

Overrated is too vague a term too.

If anyone thought Alexis was as good as Messi, then yeah you have overrated him...but no one thought that ffs!

"Not good enough to be a talisman"... literally Panenkaed a pen that won Chile their first ever trophy, and dragged a dying and injury riddled Arsenal team to Arsène's record FA cup win in 2017 (while scoring and basically creating both goals v a proper Chelsea team in the final) what a crap player he was 😅

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

If anyone thought Alexis was as good as Messi, then yeah you have overrated him...but no one thought that ffs!

"Not good enough to be a talisman"... literally Panenkaed a pen that won Chile their first ever trophy, and dragged a dying and injury riddled Arsenal team to Arsène's record FA cup win in 2017 (while scoring and basically creating both goals v a proper Chelsea team in the final) what a crap player he was 😅
Remember his goal in the FA cup final? Or the fake shot then dink over the keeper when through on goal. Him, RVP and Henry are the true world class Arsenal attackers that I remember.

He literally clears every forward we’ve had since him, bar maybe Auba.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

I was serious in my previous comment the laughing emoji was to keep people happy. It was Bs about what was said about my boy!! World class shame he got his head turned.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Reluctantly, I have to say Aaron Ramsey. Most people look back on his time fondly, as do I, but I also remember how frustrating he could be for large spells of his Arsenal career. Top player but inconsistent. He did eclipse Wilshere but only because Wilshere had a worse injury record than him.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Spot on with Alexis. Most of the time he was more of detriment and played for himself above the team. Remember in the 15-16 he was as guilty as Giroud during that period between January and April for underperforming, but in general Özil carried most of the attack that season. 14-15 he was good in part mostly playing for himself tho until Wenger used the Caz-Coq behind Alexis-Özil-Ramsey and the team flowed better. 16-17 was great in the CF role but cried, moved out wide and our season collapsed after when he was back to his ball hogging self.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom