• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - CL: Celta Vigo vs Arsenal | 24/02/04

Who was our MOTM?

• Lehmann

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lauren

• Toure

• Campbell

• Clichy

• Edu

• Vieira

• Pires

• Ljungberg

• Henry

• Reyes

• Kanu

• Bentley

• Cygan

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sean

silvinho dropped out of the arsenal side because cole was pushing him to hard and he knew he would lose his regular place.

wenger is a genius, to find an idenikit to cole who was a unknown 18 year old from a relagated french side.

when cole was injured early on it was feared we would be exposed down the left and teams would exploit us, instead what happens , the young man clichy turns out to be very good with every chance of developing into a truely outstanding player.

the french national team is being built on wenger discoveries and clichy will be just another of a long line.

on last night edu`s commitment /all round play and goals made him my MOM.

JMICA

Edu - He has been monumental this season. Together with Toure he has been our most improved player this season. Wenger got it right once again :wink:

Edu for me. Took the hard knocks and made some telling tackles and passes plus 2 Goals.

Clichy did really well for one so young but shouldn't have left his post so early for their second. Ash would have cleared that with one of his spectacular goal line clearances after Jens part save :p .

satan_beckham

surely edu,that second goal was a beauty...i am really getting to like him more and more,hope wenger understands and drop gilberto!

pamilih

Silvinho was a reluctant sale, accelerated by the passport problem. Wenger said that they were both equally outstanding but of course it is in the best interest for Arsenal to keep a young English international.

So not so much a regret, just it could've been nice to keep both.

beaney

kaids said:
Edu had a good game..... but it's because he scored twice that he is getting all the votes.

and whats wrong with that?

Normally the guy that scores 2 goals is man of the match isnt he?

unless there is a stupendous display from another player to set uo the goals ect....

The fact is, no-one else (barring maybe clichy) deserved it, and seeing as his goals won us the game, its fitting isnt it?

JazzG

Established Member
Probably Clichy, the poor little guy was left exposed due to Bobby again not doing his defensive work. He did make mistakes but made great tackles and had a good game overall imo.

Edu did well as well though.

Mark

Established Member
Considering his young age and his inexperience and the fact that this was his first ever game in the Champions League, I thought Clichy did really well but I can't take it away from Edu, he was just fantastic, probably his best performance in an Arsenal shirt so far. I honestly think he will keep improving based on his performances this season.

Judging by how the poll stands at the moment I think Edu might just get it. :wink: :lol:

Latest posts

Top Bottom