• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - FA: Leeds vs Arsenal | 04/01/04

Who was our best player on the field?

• Jens Lehmann

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ashley Cole

• Martin Keown

• Sol Campbell

• Lauren

• Kolo Toure

• Freddie Ljungberg

• Patrick Vieira

• Edu

• Gilberto

• Ray Parlour

• Thierry Henry

• Kanu

• Robert Pires

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

potterarsenal

i felt pires he seemed the only one hungry for a goal when he came on the rest of the players were happy with 2-1 pires and i certainly were not i was concerned. :|

Webdesignlab

Established Member
I usually vote for Toure becuase he entertains me so much. Henry though in reality.

Jens for Bozo of the match, though who cares he is still a great keeper imo.

AW also for a stroke of genius bringing on Toure and Pires to kill the game.

Mark

Established Member
yeh being able to put the likes of pires, toure and parlour on the bench was nice. good move by wenger.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Thierry. No question, no doubt. Great equaliser, brilliant cross for Edu, great skill and cross for Bobby.

Though I must admit, I thought Kanu was excellent, a new beginning maybe?

And Vieira is starting to look very good- wasn't great yesterday but still dominant.

leongsh

Voted Thierry Henry. Just cannot run away from the simple fact that Henry was shining brightest in the FA Cup 3rd Round match against Leeds United. Loved it when he did not get the decision and then took it upon himself to win back the ball from the rightback part of the Arsenal half and successfully doing so.

Now the most pleasing part is there's good competition for the spot behind Henry. Four of the rest stood out yesterday - Edu, Kanu, Ljungberg and Vieira.

Edu has been performed very well whenever he has started a match - I'm thoroughly very happy and pleased for him.

Kanu is playing himself into a contract extension - he offers an interesting option for Wenger to use as part of his tactical arsenal.

Ljungberg on-the-ball and off-the-ball running and grafting is paying dividends. Whipped in the cross that led to Henry's equaliser.

Patrick Vieira is regaining his imperious form again - this midfield emperor has not lost his groove ;)

Lukazan

Established Member
I reckon if Pires had played the whole game, I'd of given it to him.

Obviously I can't say what would of happened, but bloody hell.. on the pitch 10 mins, scores one and sets one up...

Amazing player.

reggiepaul

LuKaZaN said:
I reckon if Pires had played the whole game, I'd of given it to him.

Obviously I can't say what would of happened, but bloody hell.. on the pitch 10 mins, scores one and sets one up...

Amazing player.

I was thinking the same thing. Pires was great when he came on and I was considering giving it to him but he wasn't always there.

It's kinda cliched the direction the motm goes and I think people like Freddie and Pires get overlooked.

Top Bottom