• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - FA: Portsmouth vs Arsenal | 06/03/04

Who was our MOTM?

• Lehmann

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lauren

• Toure

• Campbell

• Cole

• Ljungberg

• Vieira

• Gilberto

• Edu

• Henry

• Reyes

• Bentley

• Clichy

• Kanu

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Legend#1

Established Member
Reyes for me, he was a handful all night

Never stopped running, making countless runs, very entusiastic, looked comfortable on the ball when dropping deep, deserved a penalty, a 5 star performance from the talented Spaniard, and it wasn't an easy pitch or weather for him either

Freddie looked back to his best, shame that both he and Pires play better on the left, Vieira was so dominant again and Titi was....well Titi. Kolo and Sol were immense, Lauren got left exposed on the right but held his own, Edu was solid once again and great through ball to Freddie, Great team performance

Lehmann needs to sort his temperement out though

Mark

Established Member
Henry gets my vote just ahead of Freddie. He was immense all night and could've gone on for 90 minutes but it was a good move taking him off I suppose. Great team performance really.

Laxness

I haven't seen the match yet (Aussies, remember: SBS are putting on extended highlights of all 4 FA Cup matches on Tuesday!), but maybe Arsène could alternate between Freddie and Robert in the rest of the season. Rest them, and we won't really miss them as they are so strong on the right side.

It won't happen, but...

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
Freddie was fantastic. He looked much more at home on the left on side, and he's a few years younger than Pires so...

Mark

Established Member
Edu was also brilliant again. Did anyone watch the highlights on MOTD later in the evening?

"That pass is poetry in motion," Peter Ried on Edu's pass to set up Ljungberg's first goal.

I have to agree with him there, it was a perfect pass, and if Freddie gets he right delivery he'll finish it off.

Mark

Established Member
Good point there, Biggus. Isn't this the sort of time when Freddie went on his wonderful scoring run in 01/02? He's gotten off to a good start against Pompey, really looked like his old self, maybe he will be really good in these crucial stages of the season.

fredthered

Reyes for me.......Was inspirational.

Gets better every game and was just a shame he didn';t get a goal that he deserved

marco

whole team was class!!
vieira and edu bossed the midfield and reyes and henry are so quick!!
freddy hitting a bit of form as well hopefuly

thierrys_girl

Established Member
IW8 said:
Pat's missing Gerbil said:
a big split in the voting!

not suprising, as their was no voting for team rather than individual players

team performance would have got my vote

Have to agree with you there Pat. Team performance would have got my vote as well.

i cant believe this, the first time i dont put the "team effort" option you guys want to vote for it and every other time people tell me that the 'team effort' option is not a good idea. I cant win :wink:

kanooo

lee1001 said:
I don't see how anybody can see further than Ljungberg.

Two goals and Two assists. Back to his best, just in time for the run-in.
Henry, Vieira and Toure are very consistent and played to the level we expect but i believe freddie was above and beyond his normal constibution and obviously fighting back from injury was good to see.

Haven't seen the entire game and haven't catch the replay yet. But I like Ljungberg's first goal and Henry's second. But as far as I've watched, the whole team played really well. Cannot pick out a favourite. Everyone did their best in their positions.

Sammer

Established Member
Tough one, this time.

I´d go for Viera, since he completely dominated the midfield and was, most of the time, our starting point for lethal attacks.

Still, Freddie had an excellent game, Edu was class (especially his assist was incredible), while Reyes really showed what we will see from him in the near future.

Anders Limpar

The whole team played excellent...

...but it was so good to see Freddie back to his best so sorry to Vieira, Henry, Edu, Toure, Reyes, Lauren and all the others who played magnificant. You go Freddie...

tbbosa

Toure for me ...his workrate is so class!!

Freedie, Henry, Reyes, Viera, Edu, Lauren, Sol..basically whole team!!! :D :D ..was on fire!!

Senght

Freddie for me. Backt o hsi best. reyes comes a close second. If he can work from there, he would be class :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom