• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - LC: Arsenal vs Middlesbrough | 20/01/04

Who do you think was last night's man of the match?

• Graham Stack

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gael Clichy

• Pascal Cygan

• Martin Keown

• Kolo Toure

• David Bentley

• Edu

• Ray Parlour

• Gilberto

• Kanu

• Quincy Owusu-Abeyie

• Ryan Smith

• Total voters

Chips&CurrySauce

Edu got my vote aswell. He was the best midfielder on the pitch (for both sides). Great skill at times and tough tackling!

Clichy is fantastic and I was especially impressed with Ryan Smith. I think he is the most naturally gifted of all our youngsters! Can't wait to see him develop

A

Anonymous

Edu did a good job winning the ball, but his passing was utter crap. I lost count of the number of times he lost possession.

Webdesignlab

Established Member
Ok Edu was great. Kolo too. Actually all or regulars played good. the kids were not good enough though. Pity, but true. Don't get me wrong I ahve been impressed with some of them, but against Boro they could not score.

We need to bring on a regular to score ... or just forget about it. Saying that it is only Villa or Bolton in final so maybe we should go for it. First cup is quite easy to acheive.

jc8gooner

his passing was utter crap.
To be fair, I'm gonna have to agree with Sol on this one. Edu's passing was not up to his usual standard last night. However, if Gilberto had half Edu's application, flair and dogged determination, he would be far more popular.
I went for Gael Clichy on this one. He was brillaint last night and has impressed me every time I have seen him play. He is so confident and assured for an 18 yr old. He is lightning quick, not afraid to go forward bbut alos strong in the tackle in defence. I would not be surprised if he eventually replaced Ashley. I'm not saying that Gael is better than him, but I think he might be in the distant future.

Andrew

Sol said:
Edu did a good job winning the ball, but his passing was utter crap. I lost count of the number of times he lost possession.

Yeah, me too... I'm with you here as well. I thought Edu was poor but then someone reminded me of his work in defence so I took that back. But I thought Edu's passing was very below par last night.

pamilih

The goal was Clichy's mistake. He should've been in position since Juninho had all the the left wing to himself. But of course Clichy was facing Mendieta and he decided to mark him instead running back to position. Quite a difficult dilemma.

Adam

Established Member
Cygan had a solid game. Clichy was caught out crucially for their goal - but otherwise had a great game.

Young motm - Smith for the little time he had to impress.

Senior - Cygan.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Clichy, he was brilliant. And had Bentley given him some cover, maybe the goal could have been avoided. Kolo was great as well.

flotz

edu was sensational
his tackling was superb and i really think he should be a first team regular
and for those who a complaining about his passing abilities its still 10 times better than gilberto

Chips&CurrySauce

You're spot on there flotz. Edu gave 3 misplaced passes in the space of a couple of minutes and every one is saying now that his passing is 'woeful'. On the day and as a whole his passing was good and his tackling was excellent and anyone with knowledge of the game will realise that Edu is actually one of the best passers in our squad.

Mark

Established Member
i went for toure, not one of his better games but he always puts in a great effort. clichy 2nd and edu 3rd probably.

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
Edu - no question about it at all. Missplaced passing????? Try watching the flaming game!

BUT - the goal was his fault, not Clichy's. The reasom Clichy was drawn into the middle was because the left side tracker (ie Edu) wasn't covering back, which would have left Clichy to deal with the right wing.

Andrew

ExiledInNewcastle said:
Edu - no question about it at all. Missplaced passing????? Try watching the flaming game!

If you think his passing was perfect then you try watching it... I'm not someone who holds grudges against players or want to see them play perfectly even if they don't... but Edu did have some poor passes, one notabally towards the end (which I admit may cloud my judgement) which effectively ended any chances of a draw. So yes, he did have some misplaced passes. It wasn't woeful or anything, but it certainly wasn't perfect.

Top Bottom