• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - PL: Arsenal vs Manchester United | 28/03/04

Who Was Our MOTM vs Man U

• Lehmann

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clichy

• Campbell

• Toure

• Lauren

• Pires

• Vieira

• Edu

• Ljungberg

• Reyes

• Henry

• Gilberto

• Cygan

• Total voters

bobbypires

Established Member
Sol said:
Clichy was excellent, untill OGS came on. He was given a hard by him, and I would have liked him to of got closer. Something for the mancs to work on for Sat imo, as we know he wont get much help from Bob.
oh mate, Le Bob is helping a lot in defence.

Adam

Established Member
I thought Reyes's movement was superb. He was a breathe of fresh air - whilst Henry was getting marked well in some situation, Reyes was a source of alot of danger for us. For Henry's goal, his cute roll over the ball created space and time.

bobbypires

Established Member
Mark said:
I'm sorry but I just want to add this...

Although it's great that we have such talented youth at this club, it's very disappointing that our best player in a match like today was an 18 year old LB filling in for an injured first choice player. What does that say about the rest of our players?
Good point. Today Clichy was great, but I think he wasn't the MOTM.
The explanation's that a sub can do a great performance. Edu started like that. A sub finding his place in first 11 step by step.

Mark

Established Member
bobbypires said:
Mark said:
I'm sorry but I just want to add this...

Although it's great that we have such talented youth at this club, it's very disappointing that our best player in a match like today was an 18 year old LB filling in for an injured first choice player. What does that say about the rest of our players?
Good point. Today Clichy was great, but I think he wasn't the MOTM.
The explanation's that a sub can do a great performance. Edu started like that. A sub finding his place in first 11 step by step.

I see what you mean, he's trying to get into the team and he's doing a good job, but wouldn't you expect better from your bigger players like Vieira and Henry in games like this? They're starting to look similar like last season. Big players not showing up for big games.

I apologise if I'm being harsh. I will watch the highlights again later, but from what I remember the big players didn't perform well enough today.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
They didn't perform individually, but as a team, for me they were great. Excellent movement and passing, coupled with a lot of good counter attacking play.

The only thing missing was the finishing, I feel. We tired in the end, and setteled for our one gol advantage, but that is not an Arsenal style tactic.

We are not like AC Milan yet, where we know that if we get a one gal advantage its game over. And because of that tactic we ended up losing two points.

The introduction of Gilberto, and in particular Cygan shocked me. How on earth Mr. Wenger can even contemplate on putting our two players with the lowest confidence, against our greatest adversairies, to protect a one goal lead I do not not know.

In fact he should have done the opposite, and either kept the same players, or kept our attacking play going on with players like Kanu (who is high on confidence, with his form from just before he left us) and Bergkamp ( I know he played). He should have put these two on only instead of the other two.

AFCG7

Established Member
Pires is getting space and also making space for himself because everyone's thinking about Henry.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
loyan_said said:
The introduction of Gilberto, and in particular Cygan shocked me. How on earth Mr. Wenger can even contemplate on putting our two players with the lowest confidence, against our greatest adversairies, to protect a one goal lead I do not not know.

In fact he should have done the opposite, and either kept the same players, or kept our attacking play going on with players like Kanu (who is high on confidence, with his form from just before he left us) and Bergkamp ( I know he played). He should have put these two on only instead of the other two.

Absolutely. Far be it for me to criticise Arsène, but that was asking for trouble.
I thought Clichy was outstanding today. Followed by Pires and Reyes. What a strike by Thierry too.

XxGoonaStuxX

Edu had a pretty good game. Henry did great for that goal, Clichy excellent performance. So many good players. Unlucky we didn't hold for the win !

kanooo

Everyone did quite well. But I have to say I am really really impressed with Clichy. The young lad is really doing well. Not overawed by the occasion as well. He did very well both in attacking and defending.

kanooo

loyan_said said:
The only thing missing was the finishing, I feel. We tired in the end, and setteled for our one gol advantage, but that is not an Arsenal style tactic.

We are not like AC Milan yet, where we know that if we get a one gal advantage its game over. And because of that tactic we ended up losing two points.

You got a very good point on bringing on Kanu and Berkamp. If we needed to rest players, we should have brought on attackers for attackers. Not defensive minded players who were low in cofidence.

And we do need to finish off teams as well. I mean, we could have put the result beyond doubt by slotting in a couple more (and I do belive that we could have scored a couple more).

As for Milan, they are really frightening at the moment. They really ripped Deportivo to shreds the other day. Kaka is an outstanding buy for them. Shevchenko is also doing really well this season. They are strong in attacking as well as defending.

A

Anonymous

Adam said:
I thought Reyes's movement was superb. He was a breathe of fresh air - whilst Henry was getting marked well in some situation, Reyes was a source of alot of danger for us. For Henry's goal, his cute roll over the ball created space and time.

once this guys starts scoring, he will be amazing

if you watch carefully henry never gives the ball to him.

kanooo

therock said:
Adam said:

I also feel that Henry is not welcoming the arrival of Reyes. I really do hope that I'm wrong but this is not very good. We do not need these between players. And I hope Reyes start scoring several goals soon as well - to prove his worth and to gain more respect and confidence from other teammates.

Mark

Established Member
The clear difference between us and Milan, and infact a lot of teams. Is that when they score a goal they get encouraged by it and go for more, whereas we have tried to defend one goal leads too many times this season even when there was a lot of the game left to be played. We need to kill games off.

IW8

Sol said:
thierrys_girl said:
Excuse me, this is my job :roll:

Who told you to make the MOTM poll?

I woke up extra early this morning to post the poll and its already here :(

Explain

Lol, there are much more important things to worry about in life than who has the right to post a MOTM thread on an internet message board. Get over it!.

Bit harsh there Sol, TG has been doing the all season. To the point that when interest was waning she asked if people still wanted her to do it. The response was a resounding YES!

IW8

kanooo said:
therock said:
Adam said:

I also feel that Henry is not welcoming the arrival of Reyes. I really do hope that I'm wrong but this is not very good. We do not need these between players. And I hope Reyes start scoring several goals soon as well - to prove his worth and to gain more respect and confidence from other teammates.

I also wondered about TH14 and JR9, when JR9 went over to congratulate TH14 he pushed his arm off his back and refused to acknowledge him. Not good :(

Jinn

Established Member
IW8 said:
Sol said:
thierrys_girl said:
Excuse me, this is my job :roll:

Who told you to make the MOTM poll?

I woke up extra early this morning to post the poll and its already here :(

Explain

Lol, there are much more important things to worry about in life than who has the right to post a MOTM thread on an internet message board. Get over it!.

Bit harsh there Sol, TG has been doing the all season. To the point that when interest was waning she asked if people still wanted her to do it. The response was a resounding YES!

Yes, and she does a good job on the main site too. If you've noticed, recently we've been posting the best posts from this thread on the main site, chosen by TG. It's actually fairly important.

reggiepaul

Jinn said:

Yes, and she does a good job on the main site too. If you've noticed, recently we've been posting the best posts from this thread on the main site, chosen by TG. It's actually fairly important.

Yeah if she doesn't do, the moon will explode infesting the whole of the UK with clone Manchester United teams, or something disastrous like that.

It's important.

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
Its gonna take a long time for me to get over this draw. We should've won this game, we just let it slip away. Oh well, atleast we are still 12pts ahead of them, and still 7pts ahead of Chelsea. The title is still ours to be lost, and atleast we have Leeds in our next Premiership fixture at home.

As for Man of the Match, I chose Robert Pires. He was fantastic on the left. I was going to pick Henry because of his goal, and although he was very good too, I still had to go for Pires.

Clichy played very well again on the left. Makes me wonder whether we can keep him in the future if he continues to be so good. Sol played a very good game too at the back, which makes me wonder why Kolo is the one getting all the attention all the time. In the end, they're both legends.

skart14

reggiepaul said:
Jinn said:

Yeah if she doesn't do, the moon will explode infesting the whole of the UK with clone Manchester United teams, or something disastrous like that.

It's important.

now now, there is no need for sarcasm
4_2_109.gif

BTW paddy should be motm. really shut down keano's thuggery and put the ginger whinger skoles in his place...

Latest posts

Top Bottom