• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - PL: Arsenal vs Middlesbrough | 10/01/04

Who was our best player on the pitch?

• Lehmann

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lauren

• Campbell

• Cygan

• Cole

• Ljungberg

• Parlour

• Vieira

• Gilberto

• Pires

• Edu

• Henry

• Aliadiere

• Kanu

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

thierrys_girl

Established Member
:) Arsenal 4 - 1 Middlesbrough :)

Were back to winning way, i hope it stays like this

I watched the game live at 2am Sunday morning in Australia, staying awake was well worth it. I woke up late and that is why the MOTM poll is late today sorry

At the beginning i thought, great its not going to be our day, Ali missed and evryone elses shot on goal was not going our way. A foul by a Middlesbrough defender on our captain in the box saw a penalty go our way, Mills wasn't happy and tried to scare Thierry into missing the shot but Thierry kept his focus and scored. Great post goal celebration by Thierry. A Thierry free kick deflected off a Boro player and went into the goal for our second.

After half time, the booing towards Mills continued. A ball from THierry to Kanu hit a Boro defender and fell in the path for Pires to knock it home. 3-0. Kanu passed to Freddie and his shot hit the post and glided into the net. 4-0 and 50 goals for Freddie :) . A penalty againest us gave Boro a goal, but the game was already over.

3 points to the Arsenal and top spot at least until Utd play tommorow. Come on Newcastle do us a favour :wink:

Im not sure about you lot but last season Cygan scared me by just being in the team but now i am beginning to trust him.

Who was your Man of the Match?

Vote and leave a comment before Wednesday

tg signing off :)

raymond

You left out my choice: Steve McClaren! The guy has no clue what
to do against Arsenal. Even I could do a better job...

Pires was stealing the ball from Boro all game long and making good
things happen as a result. Including the first three goals.

The only others I thought played well at all were Gilberto (LOTS
of tackles) and Henry. Ali showed great potential but also terrible
decision-making. Poor kid needs to play more, hope he can stop getting
injured. Basically it was an easy game because Boro were so poor.

Jinn

Established Member
For me its Pires. He's starting to play well again - only needs to take it up a few notches to be back at his best.

He caused Boro problems all the time he was on, and kept moves together with Cole and Henry well.

11 goals this season - well done!

SuperBob

Pires for me once again, he is definately back too his real form. I thought everyone played well but Pires edges it for me maybe because he's my favourite player.! ;D

J-man

raymond said:
You left out my choice: Steve McClaren! The guy has no clue what
to do against Arsenal. Even I could do a better job...

Pires was stealing the ball from Boro all game long and making good
things happen as a result. Including the first three goals.

The only others I thought played well at all were Gilberto (LOTS
of tackles) and Henry. Ali showed great potential but also terrible
decision-making. Poor kid needs to play more, hope he can stop getting
injured. Basically it was an easy game because Boro were so poor.

:)

agree

Henry did well too, but it is Pires for me

n_henry

Went with Paddy. Made a couple of mistakes, but overall, he was such a force in midfield. BOth him and Gilberto, but gotta give it to Paddy.

But we all played pretty well today. :D

bobbypires

Established Member
i.p.fav.gif
i.p.fav.gif
i.p.fav.gif
Pires
i.p.fav.gif
i.p.fav.gif
Vieira
i.p.fav.gif
Henry

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

I went for Vieira; he won everything in midfield and made it possible for Pires & Henry to turn on the style.

That said we were offered great support by McLaren, as above, whose footballing nous, such as it is, dissapears every time a game with Arsenal comes round.

Soler

Established Member
I went Vieira. That was definitely his best match for some time, and he won us a penalty.

IW8

I went for Henry. He is played with the confidence of someoone who knows that he is one of the best players in the world.

zerofeel

VIERA!! Captain Marvel is closer to being his best...after shruggin of his injuries.,,n the team response much more positively when viera is onsong..

Mark

Established Member
Vieira was really in control throughout the game and won us the penalty too. Captain Fantastique gets my vote.

Rupert

Actually I have to say Cygan had a fantastic match considering all the stick he gets. Some people were even applauding him

Soler

Established Member
Yep. Agree on the Cygan comment. I nearly leaped off my bed when that header came in the second half. A Cygan goal, oh that would've been funny.

Guns and Arses

Patrick Vieira for me. He really conquered the midfield and he worked extremely hard during the match. Henry wasn't being as cool as he used to be(but I like the way he stole the ball from Mills). Pascal Cygan also did exceptionally well in defence, IMO he outshine Campbell again.

Ratings(top 3):
Vieira - 9
Cygan - 8.5
Henry - 8

Latest posts

Top Bottom