• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - PL: Leicester City vs Arsenal | 06/12/03

Who was the best player on the field?

• Lehmann

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Toure

• Campbell

• Cygan

• Cole

• Ljungberg

• Pires

• Gilberto

• Edu

• Bergkamp

• Aliadiere

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

thierrys_girl

Established Member
Oh dear, we had the chance today to go on top again but Craig Hignett on 90 minutes had to deny us that opputunity. i am starting to get fed up of draws in the PremierLeague but they are better than losses.

We are still second on the ladder one point behind Chelsea and one point infront of Man Utd. Life could be worse

We are still unbeaten which is a big bonus and have our captain back in midweek.

Ive now started worrying about the Loko game and Thierry who (as said on <a class="postlink" href="http://www.soccernet.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.soccernet.com</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) is a major doubt.

Who was the man of the match? whoever you chose make sure you leave a comment to justify your vote.

Poll closes: Wednesday

thierrys_girl signing off :)

SydneyGunnerFan

well i didnt watch the game either i voted for gilberto because he scored a half decent goal to put us in the lead and he played pretty well all game aswell i heard that forom my mate

satan_beckham

this match is not show in my country but read from reports that gilberto was everywhere and he scored that goal.who i just say is him.

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
Having seen the game on a dodgy sat feed, it gives me great pleasure to vote for Gilberto. He was everywhere, and not only did he score one, he very nearly scored another two. But then again if he hadn't scored he'd probably be getting slagged off right now!

Adam

Established Member
Gilberto was the player who took the game by the scruff of the neck for Arsenal. He broke forward well.

JazzG

Established Member
From the rubbish highlights on itv it looked like Gilberto had a decent game.

Also it seems he has sorted out his shooting. YAY! I always said his technique was good but always fluffed his shots. Good to see he has improved in that area!

Adam

Established Member
To be honest Jazz, that effort yesterday was a mishit. The way it curled outwards can't be done normally. Unless he intentionally meant to mishit it. Still, a shot on target!

He can always toe-punt ;D

JazzG

Established Member
lol, didn't notice that. It sure looked like he curled it to me, I've seen Scholes do it before(against newcastle last season). Basically swing your right foot from the right to left and hit it with ya toes. Works bloody good as well.

He headered it cleanly as well! Also that volley was decent, on another day it would of hit his shoulder and his volley would of gone into the stands :lol:

Adam

Established Member
He should really have better shots. He isn't the most composed finisher in the box, but outside the box i would have expected a few more piledrivers!

The way he drills some passes shows that he has the power and capability to strike cleanly.

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
To be honest, his shooting is exactly the same as Parlours. Sometimes they scream in on target, and sometimes they land in the tube station.

A

Anonymous

Gilberto had a very very poor game yesterday, never in a month of Sundays was he MOTM.

The whole team was crap yesterday, but if i had to pick one it would be Dennis.

jeremiesgirl

Well I picked Gilberto purely because he scored, Premiership highlights were useless so it was hard to choose to be honest :|

JazzG

Established Member
jeremiesgirl said:
Well I picked Gilberto purely because he scored, Premiership highlights were useless so it was hard to choose to be honest :|

Exactly, from those highlights it looked like Gilberto played well!

Andrew

Sol said:
Gilberto had a very very poor game yesterday, never in a month of Sundays was he MOTM.

The whole team was crap yesterday, but if i had to pick one it would be Dennis.

I don't know how you come to that conclusion.

Admittedly, I only saw the Highlights. But whenever I watch Gilberto play I normally see two things, him breaking up attacks and him giving the ball needlessly away. Yesterday he scored a goal and came very, very close to scoring two more and if he did his usual stuff as well (but not giving the ball away) then IMO he is easily the MOTM.

But then again, I didn't see the match. I would be very interested to know why you think Gilberto didn't play well.

Top Bottom