• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - PL: Leicester City vs Arsenal | 06/12/03

Who was the best player on the field?

• Lehmann

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Toure

• Campbell

• Cygan

• Cole

• Ljungberg

• Pires

• Gilberto

• Edu

• Bergkamp

• Aliadiere

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ridge

Wenger change Keown in for the last 2 minutes to hold the 1 goal lead, but we still concede the goal.

damn it.

gilberto for me.

Sammer

Established Member
Goonergurjit said:
I voted for Jens. I hope Cygan pisses off soon before his inept schoolboy defending costs us dear!

Well said. Although Cygan had some moments in the last games, he doesnt look solid at all - shaky and not really on top of things.

patrick42uk

Established Member
Goonergurjit said:
I voted for Jens. I hope Cygan pisses off soon before his inept schoolboy defending costs us dear!

you will find it was cole that cost us. maybe he should piss off too?

Webdesignlab

Established Member
Gilberto

I mentioned this on another thread ... Leicester were very lucky to meet an arsenal preoccupied with the Moscow match. We would have thrashed them otherwise. They (leicester) were very poor.

Andrew

Sammer said:
Goonergurjit said:

Well said. Although Cygan had some moments in the last games, he doesnt look solid at all - shaky and not really on top of things.

I don't think it was well said... Lehmann didn't have a save to make. One shot on target from Leicester and 1 goal. OK, he wasn't responsible for the goal, but he is definitely not man of the match.

And Cygan has had a good couple of games recently and from what I heard he had a reasonable game here. I do not think he was soley responsible for the goal either, because all of our defenders were. Keown and Campbell went to the same man and Cygan was marking another man. From what I saw Cygan was playing his part and it was more Keown's fault. But unfortunately for Cygan it's a case of 3 good games, 1 minor mistake and again he is hounded by the fans because we conceeded a goal which wasn't really his fault.

reggiepaul

I've seen Cygan lately and since his return, no complaints at all. All of his recent outings have been excellent and he has proven himself beyond doubt he is worthy of the position he is in.

Point being - I thought Cygan was excellent and has been excellent.

I'm all for criticism when it is worthwhile but when it is negative scapegoating it really contradicts the whole idea of "supporting" a team. I know we have been around this road before but there is more to (and should be) supporting a team than slating the players in the team you support. If your support consists of negative criticism towards your own players it sure as hell seems like a waste of breath and time when your team and it's players are fighting budget, injuries and suspensions to play in elite competitions. Only praise is worthy of if the players you slate actually play.

Trust me, Cygan has been very good lately and playing center half against the teams we're up against isn't easy.

A

Anonymous

Andrew said:
Sol said:
Gilberto had a very very poor game yesterday, never in a month of Sundays was he MOTM.

The whole team was crap yesterday, but if i had to pick one it would be Dennis.

I don't know how you come to that conclusion.

Because i was at the game :wink:

He was crap basically. He pulled out of two fifty fifty tackles, which for me is not on.
He also gave the ball away far far too much, his passing was crap.
He was not putting in 100% and he should have been winning the battle in midfield against a very very average leicester, but he didnt come close.
His job as you said is to brake up the play and give the ball to Pires, Dennis etc which he didnt do. He may have scored and nearly scored again, but as he didnt do his job this is irrelevant. imo.

You cant decide on a MOTM from a few seconds of highlights. You get no idea of how the game went. I agree from the highlights i have seen Gil looked to have had a good game, but it couldnt have been further from the truth. But this is just my opinion and someone else who saw the game could give you a totally different opinion, but thats football.

But on the whole i am a fan of Gilberto and am sure this will be a one off. (well two if you count the Fulham game!).

Andrew

Sol said:
Andrew said:
Sol said:
Gilberto had a very very poor game yesterday, never in a month of Sundays was he MOTM.

He was crap basically. He pulled out of two fifty fifty tackles, which for me is not on.
He was not putting in 100% and he should have been winning the battle in midfield against a very very average leicester, but he didnt come close.
His job as you said is to brake up the play and give the ball to Pires, Dennis etc which he didnt do. He may have scored and nearly scored again, but as he didnt do his job this is irrelevant. imo.

You cant decide on a MOTM from a few seconds of highlights. You get no idea of how the game went. I agree from the highlights i have seen Gil looked to have had a good game, but it couldnt have been further from the truth. But this is just my opinion and someone else who saw the game could give you a totally different opinion, but thats football.

But on the whole i am a fan of Gilberto and am sure this will be a one off. (well two if you count the Fulham game!).

Yes, I know. I wasn't trying to say I knew more than you. As I said I "I don't know" because I didn't see the game. I'm not having a swipe I just honestly didn't know how Gilberto had a bad game from looking at the highlights and wanted to know why.

He pulled out of two fifty fifty tackles, which for me is not on.

I think he does that too much. He's record of not many bookings is good but just shows that he never really fully commits to tackles. A prime example of this was against Everton this year which led to Campbell's red card. I think he might get away with this in other leagues but in England he has to be more physical IMO.

You cant decide on a MOTM from a few seconds of highlights.

I 100% agree with you here and which is why I didn't vote here. I might have said I thought Gilberto was good but I didn't vote on it because I didn't know. But I'm thankful there's places like this where you can find out this sort of information because there was little to no coverage of this particular game down here in Australia. I'm sure even if I see the game on TV it is still difficult to tell because you don't get to see what's going on off-the-ball.[/quote]

A

Anonymous

Andrew said:
Sol said:
Andrew said:
Sol said:

Yes, I know. I wasn't trying to say I knew more than you. As I said I "I don't know" because I didn't see the game. I'm not having a swipe I just honestly didn't know how Gilberto had a bad game from looking at the highlights and wanted to know why.

I know you werent having swipe, its all good!

Top Bottom