• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mutu Handball

jc8gooner

I have to say I am surprised that none of the papers have mentioned Mutu's handball against Everton on Saturday.
As he dived for the header, it is clear that Mutu stuck out his left arm to deflect the ball onto his head and thus into the net. This was not just an accident I don't think, cos the ball had passed his head (he wouldn't have made contact) and then he used his arm to direct the ball onto back and onto his head. That is cheating.

Natnat

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Noone mentioned this wonder why is it because Chelsea are going to be the new media darlings

patrick42uk

Established Member
Natnat said:
Noone mentioned this wonder why is it because Chelsea are going to be the new media darlings

I think chelsea are already are the new media darlings. finally someone outside arsenal or man utd will be challenging for the title. What i dont understand is how ranieri can be described as a good manager. he might have a good personality, but last year, with a fairly decent squad he only managed fourth. now all of a sudden with 111 million injected into the team, everyone reckons he is a tactical genius. personally, i think he should be exempt from any managerial awards because that sort of money would make even houllier look good!

The Premier

That's why I think that certainly this season, the premiership is still between Arsenal and United. Certainly Chelsea has assembled a cornucopia of individual talent, and in years to come this assemblage may mold into a first class group of world beaters, but for now consider:

1. A multitude of egos, each used to being no. 1 or 2 in their previous side;
2. IMHO, Renieri is not a first class manager. He hasn't shown me that special ability of a Ferguson or a Wenger - consistently getting the best out of a group of individuals, and making them think of the team first;
3. There's always the chance that before Chelsea can take over the reins, their new saviour either gets tired of this little sweet shop, or gets embroiled in some Russian power play that strips him of his wealth and standing.

jc8gooner

last year, with a fairly decent squad he only managed fourth.

To be fair to Ranieri, the Chelsea squad last season was not that good. Even De Lucas played! I would say they did well to get fourth cos I think Liverpool's squad was better than their's last season.
I can't believe he doesn't play Duff sometimes cos he is clearly there best player imo. You can;t rest your best players too much-eventually it will backfire.

I think chelsea are already are the new media darlings

Clearly that is the case cos the crespo situation against us was hardly mentioned by the media and now this mutu business. Preferential treatment is clear, cos if Arsenal did this there would be outrage.

gunnersgal

they are probably paying the media
the amount of money they've got
we havnt got any which is probably why we are always picked on lol

barnone

only saw the highlight of the goal myself, but it did look to take some sort of doulbe-deflection before going in.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

jc8gooner said:
last year, with a fairly decent squad he only managed fourth.

To be fair to Ranieri, the Chelsea squad last season was not that good. Even De Lucas played! I would say they did well to get fourth cos I think Liverpool's squad was better than their's last season.
I can't believe he doesn't play Duff sometimes cos he is clearly there best player imo. You can;t rest your best players too much-eventually it will backfire.

I think chelsea are already are the new media darlings

Clearly that is the case cos the crespo situation against us was hardly mentioned by the media and now this mutu business. Preferential treatment is clear, cos if Arsenal did this there would be outrage.

I think Ranieri is quality; in terms of his humour rather than his management skills. He really should have a job on the telly, perhaps filling in for Graham Norton?

I suspect, come next season, he will be available for Weddings and Barmitzvahs.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom