• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

my thoughts on the "big 3"

fuzz

football is a funny game, but chelsea's millions will buy them success. If they don't win this season they will the season after. Millions of pounds don't necessarily buy you success, but you can buy a whole lot of talent, which takes you 80% of the way there, coupled with a good manager which chelsea now have they are going to be hard to stop in seasons to come if they can continue their ability of buying anyone they want, it will be dificult to stop them.

Man u used to have one thing over every team in england "money", but with the arrival of chelsea man u are no longer the financial power they once were. chelsea can offer payers more money to play for them and promise new top signings whenever they are needed. Also arsenal and liverpool ae also closing the gap on man u with new stadia hat will significantly raise their kitty funds.

Another thing man u used to have was "prestige" as being the best club in england and the biggest club in the world etc..with this they were able to attract the best players in the world to them over just about anyone as well as quality youngsters. That is is now beginning to go imo. Arsenal are now probably seen as the best team in england with some of the best individual players and probably the best manager. Ofcourse for a long time we could never compete financiall with man u so we invested in talented unknown youngster from all over the workd and Arsène wenger is rightly regard as a brilliant the best finder and developer of young talent around. This has given us a great advantage as the most talented oungsters now want to play for us as they know this is where they can achieve their potential. We managed to get the likes of senderos despite manu and real m wanting that says something, aswell as fabregas from barca. In an age of big money we arew one of the few eams that focuses purley on football and not reputations and over paid fairy's that's the charm of this clubs it's football first!

Man u have been brought down a level with chelsea and real being able to outbid them for players so they to have now attempted to follow our lead and search for talented youngsters, but as aragont as it sounds they wil never be as good as us at this simply for one reason Arsène WENGER. No manager can spot talent like this man.

the top three are comparable to the situations of britains supermarkets right now:

Arsenal=tesco
Arsenal are like tesco. they have been consistantly growning over the past decade and have now surpased manu=sainsbury's despite having less money at their disposale. They are the best at value for money purchases. They are currently the no.1 and will only get better once the new stadium is finished, just like when tesco's renovated and opened plenty of new stores it gave them the financial boost to blow the rest away.

Chelsea=Asda (wall mart)
Chelsea are like ASDA they aren't the biggest, but they have the financial backing of te biggest retailer in the world walmart, which is owned by one of the richest men in the world (see the comparison).

Man u=Sainsbury's
Man u aare like sainsbuy's once the biggest and best, but now ailiing (slightly) caught in a gap, i.e. They can't outbid other teams, but they also can't find talent like other teams. They are kind of middle of the road not sure how to sell themselves like sainsbury's. They aren't as a high quality as real madrid=waitrose, but they aren't as good at value for money purchaces like arsenal=tesco.

beanz

Hmm, I'm not sure about the supermarket analogy, though I would have thought Harrods would be more apt, where you can get lots of exotic goods, which ar'nt available anywhere else :mrgreen:
Nice post tho :D

johe

Yeah, The Arsenal are more like Harrods, we're classy, exclusive and have very expensive goods for sale. In addition we don't need to sell anything so, no Florentino Perez is gonna walk in here and try and get our most important ware (Vieira) for a few pennies. Most people are just tourists from down south who just stop by to look at all the flair stuff in here. :wink:

lee1001

Established Member
We all agree Roman coming in with his hundreds of millions is a freak occurance. One that doesn't happen very often.
Just imagine if that hadn't of happened??

Man Utd are a shadow of the force they used to be. Without Chelsea Arsenal would surely have dominated the premiership for this decade, hence Wenger saying there has been a shift in power to Arsenal. We could of even won the CL last year as we lost to Chelsea.

But now with Chelsea it is inveitable like you said that they will win the PL or the CL.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Nice post fuzz.

I can see where you're getting the ideas from and I agree with almost everything you say except for the part about Chelsea at the beginning.

They may win things, but we have better players than them, so will have the advantage for as long as we do. They may have a bigger squad, but we have a squad which is proving to be as good as theirs.

We have a better first XI but they have the better squad. But with players like Cesc, Pennant, RvP, Clichy, Senderos, Hoyte, Stack, Aliadiere, Svard, and a few more I forgot to mention, in a few years we will have our world class starting lineup, as well as our semi world class backup, so we are prepared for whatever they throw at us.

And with a manager like Arsène Wenger what can go wrong.

But still a quality post mate.

Henry IV

Arsenal are number one. I think Chelsea will be the biggest threat to our hopes of retaining the League title. Man Utd are at a crossroads. Arsenal have outdone them, football-wise, and Chelsea have outdone them money-wise. They could face arguably a bigger challenge to stay ahead of Liverpool, Newcastle etc than to keep up with the London clubs.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Same here. I hate all the Chelsea glory hunters more than the Man U one's. At least Man U fans have something to taunt us about. Chelsea haven't ever won the premiership. And the last won the Div. 1 40 to 60 years ago. Those snobbish bastard fans of theirs get me angry when they were almost about to go bust before the were saved.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
lol. They are the biggest underachievers in London. The biggest overachievers ar the spuds for even staying in the football league all this time.

Arnie

*Loyan* said:
I still believe Man U are a bigger challenge to us than Chelsea.

why. i belive chelsea have way more credentials than man u. Lets not deal in the years of the past, make no mistake chelsea are better than united. the league don't lie!!

Anders Limpar

How many years do you think Roman will spend his money on Chelsea in his pursuit to win the CL/EPL if Arsenal (and possible others....ehhh, NO!) take the titles this year and the next?

We have a job to do and that is to prove to the world that money can't buy anything (as Valencia did last year in La Liga and we did aswell last term).

The game against Manure did leave me with a feeling that we might be heading into a very bright future as bergy said yesterday aswell...if you think of it, we could almost present a complete EPL team filled with only youngsters and they would be second to none individually (perhapse they would need some time to become a team but that wouldn't take long)...

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Arnie said:
*Loyan* said:
I still believe Man U are a bigger challenge to us than Chelsea.

why. i belive chelsea have way more credentials than man u. Lets not deal in the years of the past, make no mistake chelsea are better than united. the league don't lie!!
The team will need to gel, and I feel Man U have that experience in the run in that will help them. They have more fight and have payers that actualy want to play for the, instead of some ponces who are at Chelsea just for the money and are happy to sit on the bench all day getting their cheque.

goonerling

can't Arsenal be Safeway? If only for the red and white over the blue? 8) Well the media has been suckered into making Chelsea favourites for this season. As have the bookies. Not sure why that is: we danced rings round them 4 and a half games out of 5 last season. They'll probably lead the table till Chrismas and fall apart thereafter. Fingers crossed anyway.

Henry's Girl

goonerling said:
Well the media has been suckered into making Chelsea favourites for this season. As have the bookies.
well they did last season as well and we did the unbelievable.
They dnt think we can retain the title, dominate for a few years, but in the words of my fave person "u give arsenal stick, we'll answer" :D

Arsenal Quotes

A manager is a guide. He takes a group of people and says: "With you I can make us a success; I can show you the way".

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom