• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mykhailo Mudryk [Chelsea Bound]

Is Mudryk Thee Stallion disrespecting Shakhtar with his conduct?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Tired Pbs Nature GIF by Nature on PBS

DuBB

I think we’re paying slightly (say 10m) over for him. But in the big scheme of things that’s not a life altering amount. Whether or not he will justify the price tag can only be answered in hindsight, and barring some freak injury im confident he will.

It’s worth noting that most people complaining about the transfer aren’t actually complaining about his technique (or they haven’t seen any proper footage of him apart from a couple of runs on the counter).

The lad is a complete specimen. In terms of intrinsic skill, he’s clear of Leao for me. Leao has done it in a bigger league sure but that doesn’t actually mean he has more to his game. In terms of out and our pace mudryk edges it but there’s not much in it, but Mudryk has a better dribbling technique, he’s able to keep the ball closer to his body and has quicker feet, ie he will match Leao for speed but do it with more strides - more opportunities to change speed/direction. He’s a fkn nightmare to defend against. He goes from zero to top speed in about 2 strides.
And he’s not some head down merchant, kid is constantly looking around when going at full speed.

He has a powerful shot with both feet with very low back lift.

He’s strong. Won’t be getting bullied about by prem defenders.

He can pass. Through the lines, over the lines, both feet.

And he has good work rate, willing runner that helps out the defence. Trains like a maniac, first in, last out.

Admittedly he needs to be banned from social media. Apart from that I really don’t get why we’re all not gagging for this signing.

Leao, right now, yes - better than Mudryk

Leao is probably also going to get better, which is great, but so is Mudryk, but most importantly...

Mudryk has physical and technical tools and a rawness that I assume a coach would love.

People won't like this, but he's a Darwin Nunez signing.

Someone a coach like Klopp or Arteta looks at and goes "give me that guy, and give me six months... I'll make him what I need him to be, not just sign him for who he is now"

On a game to game basis, we want to win the league this season. That's probably what the day-to-day coaching meetings are about. But I'm willing to bet when the department heads have their weekly meetings (Arteta, Edu, Vinai, Lewis etc.) the conversation isn't about what we can do to win this season, the conversation is about what we can do to make what's happening this season happen for 3-5 years in a row.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
On a game to game basis, we want to win the league this season. That's probably what the day-to-day coaching meetings are about. But I'm willing to bet when the department heads have their weekly meetings (Arteta, Edu, Vinai, Lewis etc.) the conversation isn't about what we can do to win this season, the conversation is about what we can do to make what's happening this season happen for 3-5 years in a row.

Yeah, think @SA Gunner was making a similar point in terms of looking at our long term trajectory. I think Mudryk could do a job for us this season off the bench and in EL - but next season is when we’ll see him really bang, and I think opposition managers (and fullbacks) are already losing sleep over how to deal with Martinelli one half and then Mudryk the next. I suspect we’ll be finishing games against 10 men 😀

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

This doesn’t sound positive. Makes you fear Arsenal might be laying the groundwork to walk away from this deal.
To me it sounds like they want to emphasize that haggling is mostly done, the final offer is in, only minor tweaks possible or they walk out. Arsenal can't wait until the end of the window, they need to switch targets if Shakhtar keep their attitude.

And I don't think Shahktar wants to wait until summer to possibly get 5-10 million euros more, and even then Mudryk might want only Arsenal as his next club for development.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

This doesn’t sound positive. Makes you fear Arsenal might be laying the groundwork to walk away from this deal.

I think negotiations will break down tbh.

• Cry
Reactions: A_G

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
How is it a negative update? It's just every other update worded differently. We've bid an amount and the add-ons are still being discussed trying to find an agreement.

Idk. @A__G knows ornstein better than his own wife does. I’d listen to him…

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

“Talks complex” doesn’t suggest that at all.
In the same sentence it says Arsenal hope to get a deal done soon.

It looks like the difference in valuation is now 5-10 million euros. Complex can even mean that the add-ons are not easy to agree on for both teams.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
How is it a negative update? It's just every other update worded differently. We've bid an amount and the add-ons are still being discussed trying to find an agreement.
Every other update makes it sound like a deal is imminent. This one says that Arsenal have told Shakhtar how far they’re willing to go, which would suggest they’re not budging from their demands.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Curious how this one will pan out. Live in Warsaw and was speaking to one of the guys at work who has ‘adopted’ Shakhtar given all of what’s going on. Has seen them live quite a bit and likes to watch Arsenal (in the past mainly to take the piss at me)

He was surprised we’re even considering 60-80 million for him as he’s still missing a lot from his game. Mentioned he can be explosive and that his pace with and without the ball is a huge plus but that he fades in and out too much. Usually produces 1-2 moments of magic every game but can be invisible for the remainder - doesn’t think Arteta would stand for it.

Not gonna pretend I’ve ever seen Mudryk play but thought it interesting

Basically Pepe but a bit quicker then......What could possibly go wrong :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom