• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mykhailo Mudryk [Chelsea Bound]

Is Mudryk Thee Stallion disrespecting Shakhtar with his conduct?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

No, that’s not how it works. You can’t just “forgive” corporate debt without declaring bankruptcy otherwise it’s how ALL owners would pump money into clubs to get around FFP. This is from some insane twitter theory.

That's exactly how it works.

I don't know the details, but let's assume there was a related (related to Roman) company (but not the parent of Chelsea FC) who held the debt owed by Chelsea FC; they would write off the loan (asset) and it would be a one-time hit (expense) to their P&L whilst for Chelsea who owe the money would write off the liability and record income to their P&L. This is how it would play out in practice in very simplistic terms.

How many owners would willingly pump millions (even billions) into a football club with no expectation of ever getting anything back? That's madness.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

A monumental f*ck-up of a very promising window where we should've, by all means, reinforced our position at the top by adding more steel to the midfield & firepower upfront.

Regardless of how the seasob pans out, Edu's situation at this club should be untenable.

That's TWO windows now where we should've struck while the iron was hot & now we're left looking like simpletons...yet again!!

It's always a short period of smooth sailing with this club until we hit a seemingly neverending maelstrom of misery :lol:
Shocking mate isnt it. Edu is a bvm ffs

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I think I will just murder my father if this happens, tbh (who is a fan of that scumbag club)

Don't really rate Felix, or had even really heard about this kid before he started twerking for us...but I have my principals, they can't keep doing this to us.

I HATE Chelsea so much, they are so lucky they won the dirty lottery in 2003 and that luck seems to never end...if they lost to Pool on the last day that season and finished 5th, they would have ended up becoming another Leeds with how awful they were run finically...THAT'S the real Chelsea football club.

They went from having less trophies than Sp**s, to buying two European Cups ffs...pricks.

My dad has had a good run, he is old enough to have even gone to this National Front meetings Chelsea used to have on the reg back in the day...thanks for the memories, but it's time to get stabbed in the neck 🤬

Shemar Moore Swat GIF by CBS

jackie chan raid GIF

bastun

Player:Saka
Hopefully this one turns out to be a blessing in disguise and mydrik fails in the graveyard for talents called chelsea. This deal at least shows we are willing to spend significant ammount of cash this window, but I just don't see an alternative in the market. Except Mitoma who brighton won't sell.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

This is a totally idiotic rule. FFP is there to prevent owners from funding clubs directly. Now every owner can just loan the money instead and write off the debt, and its ok? Such a simple loophole can make FFP irrelevant? Total madness

I find it hard to believe that this would be considered in FFP calculations, it's too easy a workaround.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Soz but what really irks me is people smugly acting like this isn’t a massive L. Respond appropriately you tw*ts! We just lost out on our no 1 target with 2 weeks to go in a January window to help us win the league for the first time since 2004.

Nothing about this is good! There are not plenty more fish in the sea!

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
A monumental f*ck-up of a very promising window where we should've, by all means, reinforced our position at the top by adding more steel to the midfield & firepower upfront.

Regardless of how the seasob pans out, Edu's situation at this club should be untenable.

That's TWO windows now where we should've struck while the iron was hot & now we're left looking like simpletons...yet again!!

It's always a short period of smooth sailing with this club until we hit a seemingly neverending maelstrom of misery :lol:
Arsenal were never gonna spend 100m on him regardless. We would’ve probably signed him if Chelsea didn’t come in with more money.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Lets not pretend that the kid is garbage now. Yes the 100m is a massive outlay, but its clear to see, even as armchair analysts, that this kid has the potential to be massive.

So yes, this is a loss.

But at the same time, we must be serious and use our time wisely. I just hope we can bring in a player who gives us the difference that Mudryk would have brought to the table. Think we need that to give us that boost for the second half of the season.
At 100m and a 7 year contract we can't compete with that. So in all honestly while we wanted him and needed him it wasn't to be.

We both agreed that maybe around the £60-70m mark was the top end. Chelsea seem to have been willing to up that by about £15m, more likely double the salary and a 7 year contract instead of 5.

I'm happy we didn't bend over for that deal. We do that once we have to do it every time with negotiating.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Soz but what really irks me is people smugly acting like this isn’t a massive L. Respond appropriately you tw*ts! We just lost out on our no 1 target with 2 weeks to go in a January window to help us win the league for the first time since 2004.

I mean, it sucks, yeah, but it's not the end of the world.

WiscoGooner8

And the fact that he’s gone to Chelsea so easily clearly shows he wasn’t twerking for us specifically, just for a big club in a good league.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan

Wonder who's gonna be the Douglas Luiz equivalent for this window that we try to scramble at the last minute and still fail

GunnerUK

7 year contact for a £100m fee for a player of an age Chelsea have a history of not nurturing and developing. A player who was desperate to come to Arsenal even flirted with the idea on social media several times.

If this doesn’t work out - Chelsea will be a laughing stock. Even posters on the shed are confused and really question in this whole deal

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀

So you would rather match Chelseas bid, offer north of £85-90m, probably 200k a week and a 7 year contract.

Obviously we would like him and we need a forward. But as a club we have to know when to draw the line. And north of 70m, 5 years on say 150k a week was the line. Chelsea have beaten that offer and may he end up like all the other wingers there.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
That's exactly how it works.

I don't know the details, but let's assume there was a related (related to Roman) company (but not the parent of Chelsea FC) who held the debt owed by Chelsea FC; they would write off the loan (asset) and it would be a one-time hit (expense) to their P&L whilst for Chelsea who owe the money would write off the liability and record income to their P&L. This is how it would play out in practice in very simplistic terms.

How many owners would willingly pump millions (even billions) into a football club with no expectation of ever getting anything back? That's madness.

But Abramovic couldn’t write off the debt because it was an asset of his and his assets were frozen? Isn’t that the whole point of freezing assets - ie they can’t be disposed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom