• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mykhailo Mudryk [Chelsea Bound]

Is Mudryk Thee Stallion disrespecting Shakhtar with his conduct?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Don't think we will go for an out and out CF, unless it's an extremely short term option (like Ronaldo, but not sure he or Arteta would go for that) Mikel won't want to replace Jesus as his first choice yet.

We will target a winger who can maybe do a job up top, or move Martinelli there temporarily as has been said, until Gabby J is fit again...so can see this guy being our big signing this window, hope he is good.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Yh but we don't really have evidence that he'd be able to do that to a high enough standard. Jesus wasn't allowed to drift freely remember, he had to rotate with Saka, Xhaka, and gabi, Arteta always wants those spaces occupied by someone.

I think you can tell from his vs comps he'd need time to adapt though. Take your point on Diaz and Kulu but I reckon those two are naturally more conservative with the ball so are less likely to disrupt a dominant team, they were also more experienced than Mudryk would be. We'll have to see about the fee.

This was earlier in the season, look at the areas in which Gabriel Jesus is drifting in and out of:

FcTK3yVXgAIMnUq

I think one major criticism that some had on here was him not getting into the box like a traditional number 9 when Martinelli/Saka have the ball in wide areas but just like his finishing, I think that’s a part of his game which many have to accept especially as he has provided a lot more to our attack than we were initially expecting. I still would have opted for a profile similar to Toney as an alternative option to Gabriel Jesus as he would give us something different in attack.

I do agree on the Diaz however with Kulusevski it would have been a risk had Sp**s have to pay for him at the time as he was out of form/riding the bench at Juventus and I do remember many were skeptical whether he’d even do anything at Sp**s. Fair play to him, he proved a lot of the doubters wrong.

On Mudryk, the only games I’ve seen of him were those CL group games against Real/Leipzig/Celtic and he did really impress me in some of those games but I guess it all comes down to the fee, the club are willing to pay for him. I wouldn’t go over 45m imo.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
We know mikel won't play Martinelli as CF unless things extremely desperate and Eddie is injured he has ability to play CF tho

Yeah I can see this happening if Eddie is either injured or just needs a rest. If Nelli needs a rest then mudryk comes in alongside Nketiah. And we know that Saka will play 80 games this season and won’t get a rest.

This is all assuming we buy mudryk and don’t buy a CF. Lord knows what they have planned. Serious anxiety levels over this window. It is not “calm” despite what some around here would have you believe 😭

DuBB

Yeah I can see this happening if Eddie is either injured or just needs a rest. If Nelli needs a rest then mudryk comes in alongside Nketiah. And we know that Saka will play 80 games this season and won’t get a rest.

This is all assuming we buy mudryk and don’t buy a CF. Lord knows what they have planned. Serious anxiety levels over this window. It is not “calm” despite what some around here would have you believe 😭

I'm pretty calm about this window, because I know we'll do something. And whether or not we like, trust, believe in or back Arteta, Edu, Garlcik, Vinai, Lewis etc., the one thing we can agree on is that generally, they're trying to get it right.

Most clubs don't actively make moves that they think are going to go wrong. Some moves do go wrong, but its never the intention.

Whether it works out or not is one thing, but the general plan is to not be worse than the day before, so all we can do as fans it back the 11 on the pitch and hope for the best.

Just don't set your mind on one solution (player) in particular and keep an open mind.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
As @db10_therza said it’s an option, ideally I wouldn’t even be going for Mudryk but a CF instead.

Another thing is, why spend a hefty fee on Mudryk to stick with Martinelli-Nketiah-Saka? Would be a useless signing if that’s the case. We need signings that are going to hit the ground running, so the club must have been convinced he can contribute as soon as he comes in.

So why spend big money on a winger if Martinelli and Saka are so highly rated?

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Because we are a club with title winning & CL aspirations so having more than 1 good player for each position is allowed you know !!!

Dont have such small club mentality

You don’t gotta convince me I was keen on Mudryk from the start. Gareth Bale regen, if you ask me.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
Don't want anyone breaking the transfer record. North London teams just don't know how to do that properly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, June 16

Arsenal are one of several clubs who have contacted PSG over the signing of Xavi Simons, but the Parisians only want to loan the player this summer [L’Equipe]

Arsebal have registered an interest in 26 year old striker Artem Dovpik [Diari de Girona]

Latest posts

Top Bottom