• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mykhailo Mudryk [Chelsea Bound]

Is Mudryk Thee Stallion disrespecting Shakhtar with his conduct?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Much prefer this line of thinking honestly. Hope it's something more aligned with this.

Good point on the midfield, we really need someone to at least semi-fill for Partey. If he gets injured for a month or more. We feel a lot more shaky
Tielemans would be a big statement in my opinion, and I think Xhaka can rotate DMF role in this tactic as he is good positionally and has found a new level. Before this season I think not many would have said Tielemans is worse in a CMF/AMF role than Xhaka.

We still have Saka, Martinelli, Nketiah, Nelson, Vieira who can play on the wing. For Vieira it might be easier to play on the wing at this point rather than middle in EPL. Like I said, we will have many busses to break at the end of the season, and having Tielemans instead of Elneny or Sambi or even Vieira at this point, might help more than spending 70+ million on Mudryk who hasn't much experience himself so his performances are likely to go up and down.

I assume Arteta has soon seen enough of Sambi, and we have to be ruthless from now on as there are possibilities for it.

There was like that 25 million pounds to spend more last summer, so if we go for Mudryk, I doubt there is money for a midfielder, unless the transfer fee is in many many installments like Pepe was. Will be interesting to see what they do, I'm still happy either way, but we need some quality depth for sure, and even Arteta has said that.

DuBB

All in all, I think I've arrived at a place where I trust Arteta, Edu and the wider staff's Talent ID.

I trust first of all that they have the best intentions for not only the team and squad, but the near future of the "project". Some managers will buy what they need in the moment, and I trust that we buy not only who we need right now but players who will be either of use or of value later.

And I also trust that whether its 60m or 100m for whoever, that they're not taking risks for the sake of it. So if they dropped 60-100 on Mud or Leao, I'd trust them.

Or if they dropped 20-30m on somebody we didn't even know before we were linked, I wouldn't assume they were being cheap. I'd trust that they think that they found a gem.

I hope we buy this Jan, and I'm genuinely excited to see who it'll be.

Legend14

Established Member
Idk. If you’re gonna gamble, go big. Go for the one with the higher ceiling (clearly mudryk imo).

If you’re not going to gamble, go for Zaha.

Either way, dunno about Leao.
I don’t think you gamble with 80m. You need to have as much of a sure thing as possible at that price. I like Mudryk, but he is now way overpriced for my risk. Even he recognizes this.

If we can win the league, Zaha type is better to get over the hill. Not sure its Zaha though.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
I watch quite a bit of Serie A, including several Milan matches.

You could make the most impressive 5 minute highlight reel of Leao's amazing moments.

You could also make a 5 minute reel of msicues and mishaps.

In fact, in the last match I watched (Milan/Fiorentina), the ball fell to Leao in the box and he skied it being sloppy, which is something he does often. He has great technique, but he's so casual with the ball that he makes a ton of mistakes, like the knocking the ball too far ahead thing you said.
À

Athe BT Sport commentator even said after the skying of the ball, something along the lines of "if you're new to Serie A and Rafa Leao, he's prone to moments like this and he lacks consistency"

I urge anyone who thinks we should pay over the odds for Leao to watch 2 full matches of his in a row in January.

You'll see why there's hype, but you'll also see enough to feel really iffy about a club like ours blowing their budget on him.

In my opinion (which isn't worth much lol) I'd let someone else take that gamble.
Not seen enough of him tbh but Leao certainly seems flavour of the moment, seems the one there are many twerks for?

Undoubtedly talented but could he say be the new Pepe? Don't forget the big hype around him when we signed.

Consistency is the key if challenging for top places imho. Sooner have a player who puts in regular good displays than someone who can go from great to mediocre.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Not seen enough of him tbh but Leao certainly seems flavour of the moment, seems the one there are many twerks for?

Undoubtedly talented but could he say be the new Pepe? Don't forget the big hype around him when we signed.

Consistency is the key if challenging for top places imho. Sooner have a player who puts in regular good displays than someone who can go from great to mediocre.
Yep hence I laughed at the people who think Mudryk is huge gamble and Leao is safe bet. Both have long way to go. The PL is different animal. But no doubt Mudryk would lit up seria a

drippin

To me it looks like AM is twerking mostly for Mudryk.

My favourites are Leao, Diaby, Mudryk and Lindström. I don't really care who from these they get, but these are my favourites from the names I have heard. I trust the club and their scouting, and Edu and Arteta. I don't want Gakpo for example.

It's really weird to see people talk about consistency in Mudryk topic, when he has 2000 minutes in Ukrainian league and UCL only to show for. How do you know he is consistent? You don't, no one knows. That's why these 100 million demands are crazy.

Leao won Serie A with Milan last season, contributing 11+10 and a point per 125 minutes. This season he has 6+5 with a point per 98 minutes. When I have seen him play, he has that Saka kind of keeping the ball while gliding past players and even some of the smartness/maturity in decisions. But he is 188cm tall so he can become a huge monster winger. Serie A is no joke anymore, it's becoming more of a big league again.

Diaby and Leao both have 4x more league minutes under their belt, Lindström not as much, but he looks very talented and smart when I have seen him play. Mudryk might have a bit better ceiling, but really if the transfer fees are similar, Arsenal should take the player who has the experience to contribute consistently, and Mudryk is more on par with Lindström in this regard than Leao or Diaby. Even Lindström has almost 3x more minutes at men's games if you take into account Danish league.

Overall it all depends on the funds again, and what other clubs demand for their players. While I think Arsenal can't even get Leao.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
To me it looks like AM is twerking mostly for Mudryk.

My favourites are Leao, Diaby, Mudryk and Lindström. I don't really care who from these they get, but these are my favourites from the names I have heard. I trust the club and their scouting, and Edu and Arteta. I don't want Gakpo for example.

It's really weird to see people talk about consistency in Mudryk topic, when he has 2000 minutes in Ukrainian league and UCL only to show for. How do you know he is consistent? You don't, no one knows. That's why these 100 million demands are crazy.

Leao won Serie A with Milan last season, contributing 11+10 and a point per 125 minutes. This season he has 6+5 with a point per 98 minutes. When I have seen him play, he has that Saka kind of keeping the ball while gliding past players and even some of the smartness/maturity in decisions. But he is 188cm tall so he can become a huge monster winger. Serie A is no joke anymore, it's becoming more of a big league again.

Diaby and Leao both have 4x more league minutes under their belt, Lindström not as much, but he looks very talented and smart when I have seen him play. Mudryk might have a bit better ceiling, but really if the transfer fees are similar, Arsenal should take the player who has the experience to contribute consistently, and Mudryk is more on par with Lindström in this regard than Leao or Diaby. Even Lindström has almost 3x more minutes at men's games if you take into account Danish league.
I don’t think anyone here is twerking for mudryk at anywhere near 100m tbf… I think 50 is more like the AM sweet spot for him. Whereas Leao would be 75+…

drippin

I don’t think anyone here is twerking for mudryk at anywhere near 100m tbf… I think 50 is more like the AM sweet spot for him. Whereas Leao would be 75+…
It's tough to say what people are twerking for in regard the transfer fees.

If there is 20 million difference with Leao and Mudryk, with Leao being more expensive, I would take Leao at this point where Arsenal are with their squad, because he has won Serie A which is a top 5 league and nowadays much more competitive than some years ago.

But this is all speculation, I can't believe that Shaktar would demand 100 million like they boast. That's crazy and Arsenal with our management will never do it.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
It's tough to say what people are twerking for in regard the transfer fees.

If there is 20 million difference with Leao and Mudryk, with Leao being more expensive, I would take Leao at this point where Arsenal are with their squad, because he has won Serie A which is a top 5 league and nowadays much more competitive than some years ago.

But this is all speculation, I can't believe that Shaktar would demand 100 million like they boast. That's crazy and Arsenal with our management will never do it.

Bare in mind Mudryk is 2 years younger and has already performed to a higher level in the CL than Leao has to date. Mudryk is also currently the joint fastest player in the CL. Look at what Leao was doing 2 years ago and then compare it to Mudryk right now.

For me I'd pay more for Mudryk than I would for Leao on that basis. His potential is way higher Leao for my money

Also for the record, to date Leao has only performed in Serie A in terms of goals and assists in a season on a level basis with Gervinho (both 19 contributions). That should add some perspective to his hype. At the age of 23 Leao is matching a 27yo Gervinho in the same league despite playing alongside better players.

drippin

Bare in mind Mudryk is 2 years younger and has already performed to a higher level in the CL than Leao has to date. Mudryk is also currently the joint fastest player in the CL. Look at what Leao was doing 2 years ago and then compare it to Mudryk right now.

For me I'd pay more for Mudryk than I would for Leao on that basis. His potential is way higher Leao for my money

Also for the record, to date Leao has only performed in Serie A in terms of goals and assists in a season on a level basis with Gervinho (both 19 contributions). That should add some perspective to his hype. At the age of 23 Leao is matching a 27yo Gervinho in the same league despite playing alongside better players.
Yeah, some good points. I'm certainly not against Mudryk, he is very intriguing. It all depends on transfers fees and if Leao for example is even available.

How has he performed in higher level in UCL? This season Leao has 1+4 and a point per 94,5 minutes, and Mudryk has 3+2 with a point per 104 minutes.

Bare in mind that Tomori took a red at 18 minutes against Chelsea, so it's very hard to get end-product after that with 10 men.

Leao is 13 cm taller than Mudryk, and is also very fast I think. Maybe not as technical, but is still very technical for his size. Just has some inconsistency, which will be definitely true with Mudryk also, with the experience he has.

This is a bit silly to say "look at what Leao did 2 years ago" (their age difference is 1,5 years), because last season Leao has won Serie A being an important player. In 18/19 & 19/20 seasons he was playing for Milan and from those season he had about 3300 minutes with a point per 166 minutes. Now he has a point per 98 minutes this season in Serie A. The progression is clear at a top 5 league club, which Mudryk can't even talk about. He is in a farmers league.

Also you can't compare the Serie A from past years to current Serie A, the competition is much higher overall. Leao matching Gervinho at end-product being like 4 years younger is a very good thing.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
I’m very much now aboard the Mudryk train again but the price has to be right for me. We can’t be letting the Ukrainians mug us off. All bases need to be accounted for when estimating his true value during negotiations. Such as his young age, inexperience, blonde hair, the war, and coming from a lesser league etc. Putting all that into consideration £120m would be about fair I should think.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
I’m very much now aboard the Mudryk train again but the price has to be right for me. We can’t be letting the Ukrainians mug us off. All bases need to be accounted for when estimating his true value during negotiations. Such as his young age, inexperience, blonde hair, the war, and coming from a lesser league etc. Putting all that into consideration £120m would be about fair I should think.

Shame he doesn’t have blue eyes. Would have gone up to £150m for that

drippin

I think it should be at least 150 million, because if he doesn't succeed at football for some weird reason, he can surely do it in show business.

ETeeAxQXkAAAwwi

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
All in all, I think I've arrived at a place where I trust Arteta, Edu and the wider staff's Talent ID.

I trust first of all that they have the best intentions for not only the team and squad, but the near future of the "project". Some managers will buy what they need in the moment, and I trust that we buy not only who we need right now but players who will be either of use or of value later.

And I also trust that whether its 60m or 100m for whoever, that they're not taking risks for the sake of it. So if they dropped 60-100 on Mud or Leao, I'd trust them.

Or if they dropped 20-30m on somebody we didn't even know before we were linked, I wouldn't assume they were being cheap. I'd trust that they think that they found a gem.

I hope we buy this Jan, and I'm genuinely excited to see who it'll be.
Definitely had a lot of good purchases in the last 18months that have vastly improved the squad but all of them have been established PL players. And the one that was a foreign signing, Saliba, was bought 3 years ago.

Of the major foreign signings, Lakonga, hasnt really lived up to expectations. It’s not clear if Viera will make it or not currently.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
We all know the deal in January. We have to decide whether to gamble a huge sum of money on Murdyk, (can’t see him being less than 65 million) who has the potential to have a big impact but simultaneously, there is a high risk associated with it. We are not getting any obvious transfers like Jesus and Zonchenko who were close to guarantees at a reasonable price.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Definitely had a lot of good purchases in the last 18months that have vastly improved the squad but all of them have been established PL players. And the one that was a foreign signing, Saliba, was bought 3 years ago.

Of the major foreign signings, Lakonga, hasnt really lived up to expectations. It’s not clear if Viera will make it or not currently.
This is a fair & interesting point.
Also don't forget the Raphinha links & rumoured interest in Neto in the summer. Although there must be doubts over him because of the injury record.
I'm not saying we wouldn't spend big on an import as we were in for Vlahovic but I have my doubts that we will spend 70 mill plus on an untried winger again like we did with pepe.

A signing could come out of leftfield & not be one of the names mentioned here.

Morning_woody

We spent 115£ million on 5 players last summer , bringing this guy in for near that amount is idiotic.
Liverpool bought Darwin for 64 £ from a Portuguese league that is light years ahead of Ukrainian football.
The guy is 21 and would feel the pressure living up to that price from day one.
The media and fans would be all over him.
We shouldn't pay more than 30 - 40£ million - and even that would be a bit pricy considered what this guy has achieved so far.

Give Shaktar 35 million £, mixed up with presentation add ons - something like if he plays xx games in Champions League than they get additional 20 £ million.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom