• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nabil Fekir

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I think putting the sensible hat on you'd maybe target a forward the summer after this one. This summer you want to get a new coach in, he'll have Aubameyang, Lacazette, Özil, Mkhitaryan, Welbeck, Iwobi, Nelson & Nketiah to assess and then you absolutely need to address the problems in goal, defence and midfield. Then the following summer a marquee wide forward can be targeted.

50m or so on Fekir this summer ultimately seems like money that could be spend on quality defensive reinforcements, unless Sven finds a cheap gem or the club can negotiate a loan deal for Dembele (damn those enticing rumours).

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
I think putting the sensible hat on you'd maybe target a forward the summer after this one. This summer you want to get a new coach in, he'll have Aubameyang, Lacazette, Özil, Mkhitaryan, Welbeck, Iwobi, Nelson & Nketiah to assess and then you absolutely need to address the problems in goal, defence and midfield. Then the following summer a marquee wide forward can be targeted.

50m or so on Fekir this summer ultimately seems like money that could be spend on quality defensive reinforcements, unless Sven finds a cheap gem or the club can negotiate a loan deal for Dembele (damn those enticing rumours).
There's no player in that list who can take on a defender one v one. We need a dribbler, somebody who can draw fouls. Fekir can do that. I'm not saying it has to be Fekir but we need somebody like that. Any manager wants that.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
There's no player in that list who can take on a defender one v one. We need a dribbler, somebody who can draw fouls. Fekir can do that. I'm not saying it has to be Fekir but we need somebody like that. Any manager wants that.
I'd say that Mkhitarian can, but you are right - we don't have a forward who dribbles directly at defences. I still want Mahrez, but a Fekir, Zaha or Bailey would be a great addition. I'm not convinced its personnel that is the problem in defence, but rather coaching and organisation.

Aevi

Hale End FC
I don't quite see how he fits in our team with Özil here, unless we play him out of position. And it isn't worth it in that case.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
We have enough of a headache with team selection in certain areas causing inbalances. Fekir is a CAM that can play on the wing. But again he is a narrow winger.. just like Mkhy, Iwobi and Özil when he plays there. We need to be shelling out the money on players like Malcom/Bailey (if they've continued their great form before Jan)

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Are these guys reliable? Would love Fakir in our team but again we got ready mkhi and mesut

Well it's just a story, so it's not 100% reliable. But all season reports have been suggesting he'll leave, so there's a good chance it will happen.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
I certainly see the need for a 'proper winger' rather than a 'playmaking winger'; we need someone who can dribble past a player, but the question of width has always interested me. Surely it is the coach that influences how wide the wingers are? The idea that there are certain players who can hug the touchline and others who simply cannot help but drift centrally is an odd one. If the coach wanted Fekir, or Mkhitaryan, or Özil even, to stay wide then that would be their job.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Well it's just a story, so it's not 100% reliable. But all season reports have been suggesting he'll leave, so there's a good chance it will happen.
Yes L'equipe confirmed the story today that's he'll leave even if OL qualified to CL

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
We have enough of a headache with team selection in certain areas causing inbalances. Fekir is a CAM that can play on the wing. But again he is a narrow winger.. just like Mkhy, Iwobi and Özil when he plays there. We need to be shelling out the money on players like Malcom/Bailey (if they've continued their great form before Jan)

Indeed, our need for a winger is paramount. A player who is able to stay wide and look to stretch opposition defenses.

Fekir may not be that player, truth be told. I would still love him here though.

Stannis

Attack wise, superb.

They will be terrorising defenses next year.

even defensively they will be solid

Van Dijk is WC and Matip is very good when he has a leader next to him

In mifield they are bringing ruben neves and Keita

If they get a goalkeeper as well, I would back them for the league

SA Gunner

even defensively they will be solid

Van Dijk is WC and Matip is very good when he has a leader next to him

In mifield they are bringing ruben neves and Keita

If they get a goalkeeper as well, I would back them for the league

The new additions will be good, but the system will be what tells in the end. Especially the defensive system.

Attack wise and breaking down the low block, they will improve. This will also allow them to control possession better which should help them drop their goals conceded as well.

Liverpool remain tremendously unbalanced, due to their poor defensive organisation. Of course more work will be put in over the summer but I dont back them for anything as long as the premier league, until they sort out things at the back.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
There's no way he will be as good as Salah so that automatically makes Liverpool a weaker attacking side.

SA Gunner

There's no way he will be as good as Salah so that automatically makes Liverpool a weaker attacking side.

To be fair, Liverpool's system is excellent in attack. I expect Fekir to become even better at Liverpool.

Technically superb is Fekir, and with Firmino on the other end, they will create even more opportunities for Salah to exploit.

Excellent signing for them, lets not kid ourselves.

Latest posts

Top Bottom