• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nabil Fekir

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
it's up on Özil and Mkhi futures at club i would gladly sell both and buy Fakir and ESR as backup.
You can't sell someone who doesn't want to be sold. Moving them out of the first team would be a decent start in process of selling them or forcing them out.

I'm not sure why nobody considered the option of terminating contracts with them, that's more likely than selling them.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

You can't sell someone who doesn't want to be sold. Moving them out of the first team would be a decent start in process of selling them or forcing them out.

I'm not sure why nobody considered the option of terminating contracts with them, that's more likely than selling them.

That would eat up our entire transfer budget if we cancelled both.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member

Would terminating the contract not result in both of them being able to sue for compensation? Saying that, wouldn't they then both have to not join anyone else for the remainder of the contract to be able to do so?

I genuinely wouldn't care if the club done it, I just don't know how it would work financially/legally. Achieving any form of transfer fee would be great but if they left for nothing not fussed.

senna

We should do Koscielny + £20m for Fekir, don't need to put Fekir on high wages given no one else wants him and he cant be on much at Lyon. That why if his knee goes/injury kicks in we are protected somewhat.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Would terminating the contract not result in both of them being able to sue for compensation? Saying that, wouldn't they then both have to not join anyone else for the remainder of the contract to be able to do so?

I genuinely wouldn't care if the club done it, I just don't know how it would work financially/legally. Achieving any form of transfer fee would be great but if they left for nothing not fussed.
You pay up their large percentage of the contract and they are free to sign where they want and receive a nice sign on bonus.

If a player is released from his contract it normally benefits the player in the long run but the club play slightly less than what is outstanding and possibly less overall once bonus payments are factored in. Although a player may refuse.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
I need a break from transfer rumour checking for a few days. Seeing what Sp**s are doing and then this... just endlessly exhausting.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He ruptured his acl, had
I feel getting Özil out on a loan, where we pay quite a bit of his wages is the best we can do, unless some Chinese club want him and I bet he wouldn't want to go there.

Fekir's dodgy knee would be a worry but worth a gamble pershaps.

Our budget is tight enough as it is. Can't believe people are actually for this.

He ruptured his acl.
Had surgery on the same knee due to problems with his graft.
He now has cartilage deterioration. Once your cartilage goes, bones rub together and arthritis sets in. All of this could happen before 3o if he is in an intense league.
Add to that the chances of rupturing the same acl goes up by 25% on that leg and 20% on the opposite leg due to over compensation.

People still want us to drop serious money on that injury record, for a player who attempts to dribble constantly and who will constantly be involved in collisions. This would be a stupid buy.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Cancelling Mkhi Özil contracts will cost us over 50M that won't be happening no club doing that even the super rich once. our best option for us is to send them out of loan and pay like 50% of their contract.
I was thinking about mutual termination. Both players would still be able to find good deals elsewhere, we just need to make them hate this place. That's something Real is planning to do with Bale

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Cancelling Mkhi Özil contracts will cost us over 50M that won't be happening no club doing that even the super rich once. our best option for us is to send them out of loan and pay like 50% of their contract.

Ah, sod that then.

Hope the club makes them take part in every Europa league game and extra training, they both need to be milked for everything to get the most out of them as they blatantly won't leave.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
I was thinking about mutual termination. Both players would still be able to find good deals elsewhere, we just need to make them hate this place. That's something Real is planning to do with Bale

Such a different world they live in though, where making a player hate a club may consist of sending him to Russia for 2days for an away European game or a bit of extra training/media obligations, training with the kids, probably quite fun?

At the end of the day everything is still surrounded in luxury and they still pocket their wages, what kind of punishment is flying out to Russia on a private plane :lol:

The club is literally screwed at this point through 50% of there own doing.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
I'll take him, he can take Wilshere's place in the treatment room. The doctors must be feeling lonely without Ramsey/wilshere/welbeck there.

Top Bottom